100 days to go until largest tax increases in history

• Banned
Are you talking about the government or the people getting every dollar they get? Hell they are taking more of our money away from us...I am poor enough as it is.

• Banned
Not really...government steals money from our hard earned paychecks and gives it away...so not really a surprise so many people are poor.

1. Starting in 2014:You will have the option of buying a health plan through your state’s exchange with federal assistance. Based on your income, your annual premiums for that plan would be no more than $6,042 to $7,131.

2. If you do not obtain insurance coverage by 2014 you will be assessed a tax penalty. The penalty becomes progressively greater from 2014 through 2016, when it reaches full strength. At that point, assuming your current income remains the same and your household consists of 2 uninsured adults and 3 uninsured children, your family would be subject to a penalty of about $2,085.

WHAT A LAW! I have the option of either funneling 9.5% of my pre-tax income into the pockets of an insurance company or nearly 3% into the pockets of the federal government. FYI, that 3% would pretty much cover my yearly gasoline bill to and from work each day. That 9.5% is more than my yearly house payment and natural gas bill COMBINED.

In other words, my house payment will more than DOUBLE if I choose the premium model. From a cost perspective, I would be a fool to choose anything but the tax penalty.

And therein rests the design of the law. These creeps KNOW most working Americans and small businesses will opt for the tax. It is an end-run around the direct levying of a tax because Democrats know how unpopular taxes are in an election year (as 2010 was when they moved the bill through to law and 2012 when they now have to defend it).

In my estimation, Republicans need to hammer this issue 24/7/365. THIS IS A TAX INCREASE ON WORKING FAMILIES…pure and simple…and the only way out is to buy something you didn’t have and do not need…something that costs THREE TIMES MORE than the tax.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU, AMERICA?

I blame the government for forcing people to have to ask for help. That is the whole point of government. Make it to where people need your help and they will always vote for the party that wants to make sure they get help. Stop stealing our money and let us be. Let private charity help people who need help.

Forum List

Back