100 Days of "Fair & Balanced"

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
YouTube - 100 Days of "Fair & Balanced"

Fox News is once again showing their "Fair & Balanced" attitude. News my ass.

I do wonder how many of you have seen this:

Fox News gets okay to misinform public, court ruling | Media Reform | CeaseSPIN.org

The attorneys for Fox, owned by media baron Rupert Murdoch, successfully argued the First Amendment gives broadcasters the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on the public airwaves.

Fl Appellate Court Rules Media Can Legally Lie

On February 14, a Florida Appeals court ruled there is absolutely nothing illegal about lying, concealing or distorting information by a major press organization. The court reversed the $425,000 jury verdict in favor of journalist Jane Akre who charged she was pressured by Fox Television management and lawyers to air what she knew and documented to be false information. The ruling basically declares it is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.

I felt the need to post this after sitting down today and watching Fox News for a couple hours. Withstanding the need to want to club myself in the head with a hammer, I sat and just simply watched. To be honest, I understand that no news organization is unbiased, least not anymore. However, Fox News takes it to a whole different extreme. It would be as if they are allergic to reporting anything good that Obama has done or anything good that a Liberal has done ever.

Also, I have to ask one other question, Who decided it was a good idea to let Glenn Beck out of the Insane Asylum? :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
MSNBC must be thrilled as well

you fucking act like MSNBC doesn't do the same shit Fox does

fox news and msnbc are both extremely biased...anyone who actually gets their info from these sources is a moron.

Also, Glenn Beck has been on the air for a very long time and on the air dating back to CNN...now hes on fox news and people want his head lol

MSNBC must be thrilled as well

you fucking act like MSNBC doesn't do the same shit Fox does

I had actually said other news organizations are bias. But are you going to sit there and tell me MSNBC is anywhere near the level that Fox is?

fox news and msnbc are both extremely biased...anyone who actually gets their info from these sources is a moron.

Hells Bells Andrew, glad we agree.

Poll: Huge Majority Of Republicans Say Fox News Is Reliable | The Plum Line

A running theme of this blog is the deepening isolation of Republicans, and buried in this new Research 2000 poll is an interesting data point: A very sizable majority of Republicans says Fox News is reliable.

The poll finds that among GOPers, 24% think Fox is “extremely reliable,” and 41% think Fox is “reliable.” That’s a total of 65% of Republicans who see Fox as reliable or very much so.

Meanwhile, only 20% of Republicans think CNN is reliable.

Even more interesting, perhaps, is how many Republicans only get their info from Fox, as compared to the other cable networks. A surprising 74% of GOPers “never” watch CNN, and an even higher amount, 89%, never watch MSNBC.

By contrast, Dems see CNN as more reliable than the left-leaning network (presuming you buy into the idea that MSNBC is left-leaning, and Dems watch CNN more often than they watch MSNBC.

yes thats exactly what i'm saying....have you ever watched MSNBC?

The fox commentators are extremely biased obviously but MSNBC shows their leftism not only in their shows like obermen and maddow which are opinion but in their normal news cast

Hells Bells Andrew, glad we agree.

Poll: Huge Majority Of Republicans Say Fox News Is Reliable | The Plum Line

A running theme of this blog is the deepening isolation of Republicans, and buried in this new Research 2000 poll is an interesting data point: A very sizable majority of Republicans says Fox News is reliable.

The poll finds that among GOPers, 24% think Fox is “extremely reliable,” and 41% think Fox is “reliable.” That’s a total of 65% of Republicans who see Fox as reliable or very much so.

Meanwhile, only 20% of Republicans think CNN is reliable.

Even more interesting, perhaps, is how many Republicans only get their info from Fox, as compared to the other cable networks. A surprising 74% of GOPers “never” watch CNN, and an even higher amount, 89%, never watch MSNBC.

By contrast, Dems see CNN as more reliable than the left-leaning network (presuming you buy into the idea that MSNBC is left-leaning, and Dems watch CNN more often than they watch MSNBC.

but i think you disagree about the severity of each

Also, Glenn Beck has been on the air for a very long time and on the air dating back to CNN...now hes on fox news and people want his head lol

He's also gotten considerably crazier since he left CNN. As if something snapped after he left. :eusa_eh:

The fox commentators are extremely biased obviously but MSNBC shows their leftism not only in their shows like obermen and maddow which are opinion but in their normal news cast

And Fox doesn't? I never said MSNBC wasn't bias, yet you seem to be debating with me as if I am.

The fact that the majority of Republicans find Fox News reliable is a very scary thing. Though that may also answer why the majority of Republicans think Obama wasn't born here and why 10% of Americans think he's a Muslim. (While of course at the same time saying he sat under Wright for all those years, not realizing they are buying into doublethink.)

the majority of republicans think Obama was born here. unless you can refute that with some evidence?

He's also gotten considerably crazier since he left CNN. As if something snapped after he left. :eusa_eh:

I disagree...he has always been crazy. I used to listen to him driving to work and he was just as crazy...aparently he got more press fo rmoving to fox tho.

I sued to watch him on CNN and he used to rip on people just the same as now.

I don't like glenn but i will listen to him in the car ride to work cause he is more of a comedian to me and gives me a godo chuckle with some of his bits while I was stuck in traffic

the majority of republicans think Obama was born here. unless you can refute that with some evidence?

Alan Colmes’ Liberaland » Could It Be? 58% Of Republicans Are Birthers

Exclusive: New Poll Finds Majority Of Republicans Either Believes Or Isn’t Sure About “Death Panel” Claim | The Plum Line

So a startling majority of 57% of Republicans either believes or is uncertain about the veracity of the “death panel” claim, versus only 43% of GOPers who don’t beliveve it.

While nearly a third of Republicans say they do believe in the death panels, only eight percent of independents believe in them.

And Fox doesn't? I never said MSNBC wasn't bias, yet you seem to be debating with me as if I am.

The fact that the majority of Republicans find Fox News reliable is a very scary thing. Though that may also answer why the majority of Republicans think Obama wasn't born here and why 10% of Americans think he's a Muslim. (While of course at the same time saying he sat under Wright for all those years, not realizing they are buying into doublethink.)

no i'm not debating that...I am simply debating that they are both equally biased...especially during the election...in fact I will give MSNBC the upper hand in that because I saw FOX bash mccain a few times...Obama could do no harm at MSNBC

ok and I can show you this poll

Most Consider The Web Most Reliable Source of News - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

88.7% Republican and 57.5% Democrat respondents describe the news media as biased.

at least we overwhemingly know the media is biased.

It doesn't matter whether people think the web is the best news media. The fact of the matter is that the majority of Republicans believe Fox News is reliable. Not only that, but those 88.7% probably buy into that "Liberal Media" bullshit theory.

Alan Colmes’ Liberaland » Could It Be? 58% Of Republicans Are Birthers

Exclusive: New Poll Finds Majority Of Republicans Either Believes Or Isn’t Sure About “Death Panel” Claim | The Plum Line

So a startling majority of 57% of Republicans either believes or is uncertain about the veracity of the “death panel” claim, versus only 43% of GOPers who don’t beliveve it.

While nearly a third of Republicans say they do believe in the death panels, only eight percent of independents believe in them.

the second source had to do with death squads. got any other source regarding the birthers besides hannity's gay lover?

New Topics

Forum List

Back