100 Billion for Climate Change

The 100 billion is a combined figure from all countries that are evil enough to have an economy. America will likely pay the bulk of it because America, of course, is the most evil.

I find it laughable that some of these 'poor" countries want the funds with no strings attached, and no targets for the funds. They get a knot in their face and walk away from the table in protest. I don't want to give these fucks anything, especially seeing how they are acting over there. It's complete unadulterated bullshit!

The United States on Thursday announced it would help build a $100 billion annual fund by 2020 to help poor countries cope with climate change, but said its commitment depended on whether the nations gathered here could reach a substantive pact that includes "transparency" on tracking emissions cuts.

US commits 100 billion dollars for climate change initiatives for poor nations

So are we just going to borrow more money from China to put into this fund and let furute generations of Americans watch this nation slide deeper into debt. When this nation is having trouble employing its own people, and finding funding for healthcare we come up with money for this. This is truley a poor decision.

not to worry. by 2020 that $100 billion won't buy them toilet paper.

I'm under the impression that some in Govt. think that money is just something when you need it you just print more of it. Whats another 100 Billion give or take. I hear daily how Americans want healthcare cost reform , jobs, etc. I wonder how many Americans would rather have the ability to spend that 100 Billion on this nation rather than another. I've thought about this some, and while it's not a bad thing to support the developing world, it does seem that that support should come secondary to the needs of this nation or am I incorrect in thinking that the President and those that represent us take an oath to SUPPORT and DEFEND our constitution.

I'm under the impression that some in Govt. think that money is just something when you need it you just print more of it. Whats another 100 Billion give or take. I hear daily how Americans want healthcare cost reform , jobs, etc. I wonder how many Americans would rather have the ability to spend that 100 Billion on this nation rather than another. I've thought about this some, and while it's not a bad thing to support the developing world, it does seem that that support should come secondary to the needs of this nation or am I incorrect in thinking that the President and those that represent us take an oath to SUPPORT and DEFEND our constitution.
Think how much good 100 billion would do on the deficiet.

That is what half wit madamn Commie should be pledging, NOT more giveaways to undeserving douchebags over junk science.

Think how much good 100 billion would do on the deficiet.

That is what half wit madamn Commie should be pledging, NOT more giveaways to undeserving douchebags over junk science.

One of the reasons why taking TARP and whats leftover in the Stimulus should all go to paying down the debt. If they are not going to use it to shore up something like Medicare that is going bankrupt then use the money to pay down the debt. If this issue is not addressed one day then our nation will soon find itself in a postition it will never be able to recover from even President Clinton understood that.

They always find new things to throw money at, rarely bothering to pay for the other things they wanted before.

They are taking the TARP money, and using it for job creation...right?
What was the 787 billion dollar stimulus package to be used for? I thought it was job creation....and they haven't use much of that bill for job creation.
Am I understanding this right?

They always find new things to throw money at, rarely bothering to pay for the other things they wanted before.

What was the 787 billion dollar stimulus package to be used for? I thought it was job creation....and they haven't use much of that bill for job creation.

It all depends on what you consider job creation Meister, to many the Stimulus has been a complete disaster myself included. Construction jobs, while great on paper are not long term jobs in the first place, so to have a jobs program simply based on construction and infrastructure, is not very far sighted. The other issue is using TARP and the Stimulus as a national credit card for pet projects. At some point that money will need to be paid back and if people were to stop and think, how many people can you hire on a payroll for a small business if you had 100 billion dollars in the bank? Those kinds of things at least in my opinion seem to be somewhat lost on many in congress.

Perhaps we could convince China to voluntarily reduce emissions if we sent them some of Al Gore's (so called) poetry.
Someone has posted samples in the writing section and I can only say P.U.

And the stimulus package WAS supposed to be also for creating new jobs, well somehow that may have been sidetracked and "they", we all know who "they" are, want to tax Wall Street another 150 billion or so per year for 'Job Creation" And they haven't used much of the original Stimulus yet! They jam one package down our throats, then begin another round of, in my opinion, legalized robbery and printing U.S. currency without anything to back it up, when citizens do that they are thrown in jail because they call it printing counterfeit money .

My calls to my reps and e-mails have fallen of deaf ears, and only warrant a 'dittoed' or computer generated reply and some B.S. line of useless rhetoric.

I am tellin ya's, THEY are out of control! :eek:

A couple links to this nonsense:

Democrats push $150B stock tax on Wall Street - TheHill.com

Wall Street Tax Must Be International, Pelosi Says - DealBook Blog - NYTimes.com

Forum List

Back