100,000 PLUS in Madison today?

Yep... another world beater from Tardtard.

How many Amish coal miners you know of? I'll lay that money at around zero because the technology needed to produce is well... MODERN. The days of Colliers picking and shoveling to donkey pulled carts went away in the 19th Century.

And of course another link to a whacko leftist luddite blogger. Perfect!

I must note the irony of him linking to a Leftist Luddit Blogger who, but for the modern technology financed by Evul Capitalists, would have to stand on a street corner with a bell shouting Hear Ye Hear Ye to spread his propaganda.

Public money played a huge role in creating the Internet.
But not luddites.

Yep... another world beater from Tardtard.

How many Amish coal miners you know of? I'll lay that money at around zero because the technology needed to produce is well... MODERN. The days of Colliers picking and shoveling to donkey pulled carts went away in the 19th Century.

And of course another link to a whacko leftist luddite blogger. Perfect!

I must note the irony of him linking to a Leftist Luddit Blogger who, but for the modern technology financed by Evul Capitalists, would have to stand on a street corner with a bell shouting Hear Ye Hear Ye to spread his propaganda.

Some day you really ought to look into the REAL STORY of the Luddites.

They were the most tecnologically advanced workers of their age.

They were the guys who first bought and implentmented looms.

And then the centralization of weaving into factories put them out of business..

So contrary to what most of us have been lead to believe, LUDDITES weren't against technology.

Their complaint was about the business model that put them out of business.

Odd, isn't it?
And we also don't give a shit that 'Sabotage' was originally throwing wooden shoes into the machines to break them down.

Here. let's refocus off of Tardtard's deflections and get back on the insanity of the unions that is he issue at hand. Now, from a reputable source, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel. (Reputable in that it is a published long standing paper of record. YMMV)

It is a war, started by the unions - JSOnline

Here's one point I want to highlight about the bargaining process being corrupted by union representatives on BOTH sides of the negotiation, leaving the tax payer out.

Walker vs. cities. Milwaukee's union-friendly officials, for instance, complained bitterly about Walker ending a city-residency rule and about his plan to expand school choice, calling it hostility toward their city. Not quite. Ending the residency rule for Milwaukee Public Schools employees means that thousands of city residents will be able to live where they choose, a right enjoyed by most everyone else. Allowing families making, say, $45,000 a year to take their state aid to private schools means better schooling for Milwaukeeans. What looks like hostility to institutional Milwaukee is benefit for ordinary people.

Note that little bit there? Union-Friendly Officials. How much you want to bet they were elected to power on union money, campaign assistance and get out the vote efforts in captive districts?

This is just one example of why Walker is justified in snapping the public sector union's neck like a dry twig.
Snap or be Snapped.

"Among other concessions, Governor Walker wants to require public employees to pay a portion of the cost of their own pensions. Bemoaning a budget deficit of $3.6 billion, he says the state is too broke to afford all these benefits.

Broke Unless You Count the $67 Billion Pension Fund . . .

"That’s what he says, but according to Wisconsin’s 2010 CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report), the state has $67 billion in pension and other employee benefit trust funds, invested mainly in stocks and debt securities drawing a modest return.

"A recent study by the PEW Center for the States showed that Wisconsin’s pension fund is almost fully funded, meaning it can meet its commitments for years to come without drawing on outside sources. It requires a contribution of only $645 million annually to meet pension payouts. Zach Carter, writing in the Huffington Post, notes that the pension program could save another $195 million annually just by cutting out its Wall Street investment managers and managing the funds in-house.

"The governor is evidently eying the state’s lucrative pension fund, not because the state cannot afford the pension program, but as a source of revenue for programs that are not fully funded. This tactic, however, is not going down well with state employees.

"Fortunately, there is another alternative. Wisconsin could draw down the fund by the small amount needed to meet pension obligations, and put the bulk of the money to work creating jobs, helping local businesses, and increasing tax revenues for the state. It could do this by forming its own bank, following the lead of North Dakota, the only state to have its own bank — and the only state to escape the credit crisis.

"This could be done without spending the pension fund money or lending it. The funds would just be shifted from one form of investment to another (equity in a bank).

"When a bank makes a loan, neither the bank’s own capital nor its customers’ demand deposits are actually lent to borrowers. As observed on the Dallas Federal Reserve’s ..."

If the State of Wisconsin begins doing business as the State Bank of Wisconsin the budget deficit disappears along with billion$ in interest and fees currently going to Wall Street.

Do you thing any Republican OR Democrat is willing to pick that fight?

What part of corporate pollution do you find boring?

The big $ part?

The parts that don't jibe with his Ostrich with his head in the sand POV, of course.

If by this time, people are still denying the economic reality of the ongoing class war against the American people??

Expecting them to suddenly see the light is a bit much.

The facts are there for their consideration.

They don't want to admit they are meaningful.

They are either tools or fools.

Either way, you're not going to get through to them.
Tools or fools or rich?

Some Americans don't want to believe the rich haven't earned everything they have acquired. I think that's just the result of each generation telling the next another Big Lie.

This particular Lie is the "American Dream".

The first Big Lie I had personal experience with was "Segregation."

In 1966 I was in Texas and met someone who honestly believed ALL Blacks were morally, intellectually and physically inferior to ALL whites.

I'm sure his parents "learned" that Lie from theirs and on and on.

If enough honest conservatives ever see the moral issues of class war as clearly as many have come to see the immorality of segregation, the tools, fools, and the rich will have a whole new set of problems to deal with.

Comparing public employee unions to the civil rights movement is a comparison so disgraceful, and so odious, that I cannot believe even you would utter it. To suggest that the "plight" of those union workers is in any way comparable to that of Black people in the South at that time is not only disgusting; it trivializes the suffering and atrocities that occurred during those years. How dare you! If you aren't dogpiled for this, I wonder if anyone here still has a conscience!

Are you aware of how many union organizers died to give you and me week-ends off?

It's obvious you don't care.

Luckily for America men like Robert Lafollette did:

"The great issue before the American people today is the control of their own government. In the midst of political struggle, it is not easy to see the historical relations of the present Progressive movement.

"But it represents a conflict as old as the history of man — the fight to maintain human liberty, the rights of all people.” — Robert M. La Follette, 1912"

The corporations and their political hacks like Walker and Obama are NOT on the side of ALL people.

Your side is absolutely right to point out the corruption between union leaders and Democratic politicians, and you're absolutely dead wrong to blame public unions instead of Wall Street for today's revenue shortages.

You might also ask why so many white southerners today are just as bigoted toward unions as their grandparents were toward blacks?

If your conscience permits.

I don't judge people by what they are born as. I do judge them, by what they do, and when what they do, is use a union and the corrupt politicians the union buys, to bargain, not with a corporation, but with the taxpayers those same politicians are supposed to represent, I judge THOSE individuals by that behavior; to wit, EXTORTION. Don't try to cloak a petty union grievance over a lost political fight in the mantle of human rights. I ain't buying!

You're also confused about the biggest threat to your freedom.

"Those who manipulate the unseen mechanism of society constitute an invisible government. We are governed, our minds molded, our tastes formed, our ideas suggested largely by men we have never heard of ... in almost every act of our lives whether in the sphere of politics or business, in our social conduct or our ethical thinking we are dominated by the relatively small number of persons who understand the mental processes and social patterns of the masses.

"It is they who pull the wires that control the public mind.[1]

"In addition to inventing the propaganda model still in use today, Bernays' model created support for World War I, first in England and then in the US, calling the war to save Morgan's billions the war for 'making the world safe for democracy.'"

It is not corrupt union bosses colluding with state politicians who are pulling your strings.

It's Morgan's billions.

Class Warfare...

Forum List

Back