100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

NO ONE is calling for the banning of ALL guns....our country is too invested in the macho image......BUT, sane folks SHOULD call for the banning of military-style, assault weapons with extensive ammo clips whose ONLY purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

All that you gun nuts are doing is FACILITATING murderous wackos' jobs for them.
Less than 1% of all murders are committed with what you call military style assault weapons.

And FYI the average civilian cannot own military grade assault weapons

----------------------------------------------- yeah but the wankers have been disarmed and are all 'subjects' Brian .

Beats being dead. They all seem quite free to me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- your type likes the nanny state and Big Brother Brian .

Your type is scared to go outside without a gun, something I do every day.
------------------------------------ silly , there are huge numbers of guns where i am at and we are a crime free locale . I may carry a gun but IF i carry the purpose to be PREPARED . I also have a spare tire in the car and a fire extiguisher in the kitchen Brian .

Yet here I am not scared or prepared and get around fine. While you pretend to be prepared so many are dying.

One factor of carrying a firearm is that I am willing to stop on a lonely section of road at night to help someone. Maybe not a huge thing. Unless you are stranded on a lonely section of road at night.

yer post number 80 is SILLY , do as you like and i will do as i like . FREEDOM , its what America is supposed to be about Brian .

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
----------------------------------------------- you better check your numbers but that being said , heck , lots of criminals that DESERVE to be shot are shot by cops or homeowners and others KISS .

Way more people are accidently shot and killed than criminals are shot and killed.
LINK

and FYI a defensive gun use does not have to involve killing anyone or even firing the gun for that matter.

Yet here I am not scared or prepared and get around fine. While you pretend to be prepared so many are dying.
Good for you. I am glad you feel so safe, but you are as irresponsible as I imagined.

Either way, your false sense of security is irrelevant to our right to bear arms.

:dunno:

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
----------------------------------------------- you better check your numbers but that being said , heck , lots of criminals that DESERVE to be shot are shot by cops or homeowners and others KISS .
It's on you to prove the numbers wrong. Yeah a whopping 333 criminals shot a year.

You do know that a gun does not have to be fired in order to prevent a crime don't you?

So how many times was a would be criminal thwarted by a person with a gun where the gun was never fired?

So let us see here the far left drone runs a debunked religious narrative, that is defeat with reality, so they can push another debunked far left narrative of banning something.

The far left wants to ban tings, yet wants open borders.

If that shows the far left is not connected to reality, nothing will.

Hint: AK-47's are banned and yet are still used in many gang shootings!

So let us see here the far left drone runs a debunked religious narrative, that is defeat with reality, so they can push another debunked far left narrative of banning something.

The far left wants to ban tings, yet wants open borders.

If that shows the far left is not connected to reality, nothing will.

Hint: AK-47's are banned and yet are still used in many gang shootings!
Because gun control is a Bolshevik-style communist plot. It has nothing to do with public safety or the children or any of the other emotional bullshit they try to sell.

You know all that proves is that when the day comes that some leftist loon walks into the gun free theater you're in and starts popping folks with his illegal revolver......the popcorn won't be the only thing you're eating.

Just remember as he points at you....."I'm not scared.....I'm not prepared"

Better check your numbers, unless you rely on Facebook for your news.
The first is data for deaths by guns, which is included in an annual report about deaths of all types during calendar year 2009. The numbers for gun deaths is broken down into several categories:

Suicide: 18,735 deaths
Homicide: 11,493 deaths
Unintentional: 554 deaths
Legal interventions: 333 deaths
Undetermined: 232 deaths

Total: 31,347 deaths

The second data set tracks non-fatal injuries by guns. According to the CDC, there were 73,505 non-fatal firearm injuries in 2010. (We will ignore an additional 13,851 non-fatal injuries from BB or pellet guns.)

How accurate is the Facebook post?

If you add together the gun deaths and the non-fatal gun injuries, you get 104,852 people shot in a year. That’s very close to the 1000,000 the Facebook post said.
------------------------------------------------------------ so 18 thousand suiciders , they don't count as they'll just kill themselves in a different fashion . Legal interventions are also cool and don't count and non fatal doesn't count either . All in ALL thats pretty good for a country of 330 million of all sorts in the USA . How many die yearly traveling Americas highways and byways Kiss .

Non fatal doesn't count? Imagine the medical bills. How many cripples created?
------------------------------------------------ such is life , pay the bill if you shoot yourself or your kid or other in a gun accident Brian .

Plenty of crime victims being shot too. Big strain on our health system.
FACT

Most gun shot victims are criminals who were shot by other criminals

Can hunt coyotes with a bolt action. Lot harder to kill many people really fast with however.

That is what I do now. But it is almost impossible to get the second or third coyote that responded to the call. They get to go on and continue to eradicate ground nesting birds, red fox, and to kill & eat pets & young livestock.

And just to be clear, my AR was set up for shooting accurately at distances. It was long, relatively heavy, cumbersome to carry, and terrible at close range.
I'll trade nesting birds for dead children any day.

As would anyone. But banning semi-auto rifles does not guarantee no more mass shootings.

A decent quality AR runs about $1,000. More if you specialize it in any way.
YOu can buy a black powder revolver for $269 at Cabela's. That is 18 rounds without reloading, and gives you backup if someone manages to knock one out of your hand. And with a spare cylinder for each, you could carry 36 shots with ease. And, if I am not mistaken, they do not require background checks when purchased.
No guarantees true. But look at Vegas an orlando. Way too much firepower. Machine guns are heavily regulated and so should
Semi auto rifles with high capacity magazines.

I'm glad you are in this convo btw, if not for you it would be all crazy..
----------------------------------- orlando , quit importing muslims Brian .

He was born in NY. Stop well arming crazies.

I hear ole Maduro down in Venezuela is now arming those who support him and setting those armed pit bulls loose on the UN-armed opposition population....

I'll gladly give up my guns, the day the last leftist/Progressive/Commie has been eradicated.....cause then the world will be safe again.

It's on you to prove the numbers wrong. Yeah a whopping 333 criminals shot a year.

Because criminals tend to be cowards, and will surrender or run away when confronted by a citizen with a gun.

And even the FBI has said that an estimated 100,000 crimes are stopped or prevented by civilians with firearms. Other sources estimate that number to much, much higher.

And we have much higher crime rates than countries with good gun control.
No we don't

The UK has 3 times more crime per capita than the US

Twice as many assaults and twice as many rapes.

United Kingdom vs United States: Crime Facts and Stats

yer post number 80 is SILLY , do as you like and i will do as i like . FREEDOM , its what America is supposed to be about Brian .

Freedom to live is a great one. All those people in TX lost it.

NO ONE is calling for the banning of ALL guns....our country is too invested in the macho image......BUT, sane folks SHOULD call for the banning of military-style, assault weapons with extensive ammo clips whose ONLY purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

All that you gun nuts are doing is FACILITATING murderous wackos' jobs for them.

Killing people is not the only use for an AR style rifle. I used one for several years hunting coyote.
They sure are effective killing many really fast.
Then why is it rifles of any kind are used in less than 2% of all murders?

No
http://www.rebresearch.com/blog/crime-us-vs-uk/

Because criminals tend to be cowards, and will surrender or run away when confronted by a citizen with a gun.

And even the FBI has said that an estimated 100,000 crimes are stopped or prevented by civilians with firearms. Other sources estimate that number to much, much higher.

No we don't

Your link says we have more..

Killing people is not the only use for an AR style rifle. I used one for several years hunting coyote.

Tell that to the dead at Vegas.

No we don't

Your link says we have more..
No it doesn't

These are the UK stats from the link. You need to learn how to read.

Total crimes per 1000 109.96
Ranked 4th. 3 times more than United States

Rape victims 0.9%
Ranked 6th. 2 times more than United States

Total crime victims 26.4%
Ranked 3rd. 25% more than United States

Assault victims 2.8%
Ranked 2nd. 2 times more than United States

Tell that to the dead at Vegas.

Facts aren't emotional like you

Forum List

Back