100,000 people shot in the US per year! Good guy saving lives?

100,000 people are shot in the USA every year!

How many were shot by a good guy with a gun saving lives?

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
I guess the dead 2 year old in Philadelphia doesn't care

Better check your numbers, unless you rely on Facebook for your news.
The first is data for deaths by guns, which is included in an annual report about deaths of all types during calendar year 2009. The numbers for gun deaths is broken down into several categories:

Suicide: 18,735 deaths
Homicide: 11,493 deaths
Unintentional: 554 deaths
Legal interventions: 333 deaths
Undetermined: 232 deaths

Total: 31,347 deaths

The second data set tracks non-fatal injuries by guns. According to the CDC, there were 73,505 non-fatal firearm injuries in 2010. (We will ignore an additional 13,851 non-fatal injuries from BB or pellet guns.)

How accurate is the Facebook post?

If you add together the gun deaths and the non-fatal gun injuries, you get 104,852 people shot in a year. That’s very close to the 1000,000 the Facebook post said.
------------------------------------------------------------ so 18 thousand suiciders , they don't count as they'll just kill themselves in a different fashion . Legal interventions are also cool and don't count and non fatal doesn't count either . All in ALL thats pretty good for a country of 330 million of all sorts in the USA . How many die yearly traveling Americas highways and byways Kiss .

Non fatal doesn't count? Imagine the medical bills. How many cripples created?
------------------------------------------------ such is life , pay the bill if you shoot yourself or your kid or other in a gun accident Brian .

Plenty of crime victims being shot too. Big strain on our health system.

Number of Fucks Given:

:dance:

Sorry, commies. None of this shit matters. Freedom has a cost. If your goose-stepping asses don't like it, GET THE FUCK OUT!!!

:dunno:

Sounds like a Saturday in Chicago.
More Fake Trump / Fox News! - Chicago doesn't even rank in the top 15 large cities gun murder per capita.

The ignorance of the white rubes is hilarious.
Just keep spewing Chicago.

I think Memphis is the leader plus other confederate citiEs
They do have foul mouths though.
Can't communicate w/o a fuxx
Must go down well with the rube women

NO ONE is calling for the banning of ALL guns....our country is too invested in the macho image......BUT, sane folks SHOULD call for the banning of military-style, assault weapons with extensive ammo clips whose ONLY purpose is to kill as many people as possible in the shortest number of minutes.....

All that you gun nuts are doing is FACILITATING murderous wackos' jobs for them.

Killing people is not the only use for an AR style rifle. I used one for several years hunting coyote.

The only good guys / hero's are the the people saving more & more lives of gunshot victims thereby reducing the murder rate. Gee I wonder why medical cost keep rising?
----------------------------------------------- you better check your numbers but that being said , heck , lots of criminals that DESERVE to be shot are shot by cops or homeowners and others KISS .
It's on you to prove the numbers wrong. Yeah a whopping 333 criminals shot a year.

You made a claim of 100,000. It is up to you to provide a source or reference for that number. Someone else has already posted legitimate numbers that are 1/3 of what you claim.

----------------------------------------------- you better check your numbers but that being said , heck , lots of criminals that DESERVE to be shot are shot by cops or homeowners and others KISS .
It's on you to prove the numbers wrong. Yeah a whopping 333 criminals shot a year.

Because criminals tend to be cowards, and will surrender or run away when confronted by a citizen with a gun.

And even the FBI has said that an estimated 100,000 crimes are stopped or prevented by civilians with firearms. Other sources estimate that number to much, much higher.

Killing people is not the only use for an AR style rifle. I used one for several years hunting coyote.

Well, for the sake of coyotes AND those babies at Sandy Hook, shove those ARs where the sun never shines.

Progressive government death toll is still out in the hundreds of millions column; the Second Amendment is a check on Progressive governments

Forum List

Back