10%?

Actually, I am sure that the unemployment total is already over 10% but most likely not officially because there is a large group of people who have run out of unemployment bennies that still don't have a job. I wager it's been over 10% for some months already... It's a shame so many people are out of work especially now that we're getting ready to move into the holiday season. Sucks, huh?

Wow. 10% possibly. Very sad.

sad... but anticipated given the economic melt-down of a year ago.

the good news is that each week, new applications for unemployment have been dropping for the last three weeks for the first time in two years.

they expect the figures to start turning around toward early 2010.
Well, that's a plus. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

My oldest son just got layed off from very good job that deals with factories and manufacturing.

Just not enough business to keep people working in his field.

Isn't it amazing? The private sector lays off all the people that are doing work that's actually productive, then everyone wonders why the economy isn't recovering.

F**KING IDIOTS!!!

These A$$H*LES think that economics is all about currency and asset control. Greed & stupidity willkeep this economy in a hole ad infinitum.

My oldest son just got layed off from very good job that deals with factories and manufacturing.

Just not enough business to keep people working in his field.

Isn't it amazing? The private sector lays off all the people that are doing work that's actually productive, then everyone wonders why the economy isn't recovering.

F**KING IDIOTS!!!

These A$$H*LES think that economics is all about currency and asset control. Greed & stupidity willkeep this economy in a hole ad infinitum.
Making more product than is needed is idiotic.

Actually, I am sure that the unemployment total is already over 10% but most likely not officially because there is a large group of people who have run out of unemployment bennies that still don't have a job.
For the gazillionth time: Eligibility or receipt of unemployment benefits has NEVER been a part of the unemployment rate or level. The definition of Unemployed from The Bureau of Labor Statistics:
People are classified as unemployed if they meet all of the following criteria: They had no employment during the reference week; they were available for work at that time; and they made specific efforts to find employment sometime during the 4-week period ending with the reference week. Persons laid off from a job and expecting recall need not be looking for work to be counted as unemployed. The unemployment data derived from the household survey in no way depend upon the eligibility for or receipt of unemployment insurance benefits.

If you are looking for work (participating in the labor market) but don't yet have one, then you're unemployed. It doesn't matter how long you've been unemployed or if you've ever gotten any UI benefits, or even if you've ever had a job. If you don't have a job and are looking for one, then you're unemployed.

Actually, I am sure that the unemployment total is already over 10% but most likely not officially because there is a large group of people who have run out of unemployment bennies that still don't have a job. I wager it's been over 10% for some months already... It's a shame so many people are out of work especially now that we're getting ready to move into the holiday season. Sucks, huh?
Real unemployment is between 21 and 22%.

Will we hit 10% unemployment tomorrow?

It's very possible. Republicans did a pretty thorough job of trashing the economy. Not just the economy, but the entire country. Democrats aren't going to fix it overnight.

Forum List

Back