10-year-old's pregnancy

But no one is TAKEING her life.

The risks of pregnancy for a 10 year old are very high. In a significant way, the choice is between the embryo and the little girl.

"In a significant way" to whom? You?

I bet the "embryo" has a very different opinion.

Fine.

If your daughter is raped and impregnated when she's 10, force her to have the baby.

I bet that will make everything just hunky dory.

The risks of pregnancy for a 10 year old are very high. In a significant way, the choice is between the embryo and the little girl.

Fine.

If your daughter is raped and impregnated when she's 10, force her to have the baby.

My point isn't to determine what is "just hunky dory."

My point is to have an anti-abortionist stand by their convictions:

A. Life Begins at Conception
B. Taking Life is Immoral

So far, none have stepped up, but instead have wallowed through the slippery slope of moral relativity.

fuels Mexican abortion debate

Mexico City, Mexico (CNN) -- A pregnant 10-year-old, allegedly raped by her stepfather, has become the latest lightning rod in the country's heated abortion debate.

The girl's stepfather has been arrested. But advocates on both sides of the issue say their battle is just beginning.

"This girl is much more than an isolated case," said Adriana Ortiz-Ortega, a researcher at Mexico's National Autonomous University who has written two books on abortion in Mexico, "and there is much more influence now from conservative groups that are trying to prevent the legalization of abortion."
So Anti-abortion supporters, ya wanna take this one?
Don't want to provide for your baby, samson?

You are mistaken in assuming that I am an absolutist on this topic.

Women have controlled contraception and pregnancy with herbs for millennia for a variety of reasons, good and bad. Saving the life of a 10 year old girl is one of the good reasons.

You are mistaken in assuming that I am an absolutist on this topic.

Women have controlled contraception and pregnancy with herbs for millennia for a variety of reasons, good and bad. Saving the life of a 10 year old girl is one of the good reasons.

No, I'm really not examining any one individual's opinion.

I'm exploring the broader question: How can anti-abortionists be morally relativistic?

Either you BELIEVE that life begins at conception, and is sacred (not to be given or taken by mankind), or you do not.

I agree with you, in that I do not believe life begins at conception, and/or is not sacred, and that mankind can decide whether or not to take life.

fuels Mexican abortion debate

Mexico City, Mexico (CNN) -- A pregnant 10-year-old, allegedly raped by her stepfather, has become the latest lightning rod in the country's heated abortion debate.

The girl's stepfather has been arrested. But advocates on both sides of the issue say their battle is just beginning.

"This girl is much more than an isolated case," said Adriana Ortiz-Ortega, a researcher at Mexico's National Autonomous University who has written two books on abortion in Mexico, "and there is much more influence now from conservative groups that are trying to prevent the legalization of abortion."
So Anti-abortion supporters, ya wanna take this one?
Don't want to provide for your baby, samson?

Smells like JB'kema needs a diaper change.

I agree.

But, its still LIFE, right?

Yes, it's life at conception. Abortion for a 10 year old is self defense. Self defense is acceptable in every society. Now if you want to talk about the woman that last I heard had 5 abortions and uses it as a method of birth control, well, let's just say you won't find me defending that tramp any time soon.

So, its OK to take life......as long as you find the circumstances acceptable?

I just love smug threads like this, they say so much more about the OP than the respondents.

I don't know the stats but I'm fairly certain that a good number of "pro life" people agree it might be necesary in cases of rape or incest. And like luissa said, her life could be in danger.

And the girl I mentioned was also Mexican, I had a gut feeling from the get go, it was a relative. I believe that's why they gave her so little time in jail.But of course the news never mentioned it.

Sickos.

I agree with you.

But, whenever there's an antiabortion thread, there's always someone that claims LIFE has begun with conception, and ENDING LIFE is an abomination, regardless of the circumstances.

This arguement is oddly silent in this thread.

Here's the dirty little secret. Everyone with the IQ of a tree squirrel understands that once the egg is fertilized by the sperm a unique life begins with its own DNA that is neither the father's nor the mothers. The denial that life begins at conception is a matter of convenience for the pro-abortion folks since conceding this point would render all the split hairs used to promote abortion on demand and for any reason useless. There is no point in stating the obvious. I know life begins at conception and so do you, but you will never, ever admit that because it's a debate ender.

Fine.

So far, none have stepped up, but instead have wallowed through the slippery slope of moral relativity.

Oh bullshit. It's a pro-abortionist stance that people who are pro-life are rabidly pro-life even at the expense of the life of the mother.

Nobody is, and nobody ever has been. While this sort of case is exceedingly rare, as is pointed out all the time, that doesn't mean any of us would say it's best to let both children die, when you can save one.

Yes, it's life at conception. Abortion for a 10 year old is self defense. Self defense is acceptable in every society. Now if you want to talk about the woman that last I heard had 5 abortions and uses it as a method of birth control, well, let's just say you won't find me defending that tramp any time soon.

So, its OK to take life......as long as you find the circumstances acceptable?

I just love smug threads like this, they say so much more about the OP than the respondents.

Thanks for visiting.

I'm personally pro-life but, in my view, I think everyone should mind their own business and let the girl and her Mom decide what is in her best interests. There is no 'winner' in some circumstances... just the lesser of two evils.

Here's the dirty little secret. Everyone with the IQ of a tree squirrel understands that once the egg is fertilized by the sperm a unique life begins with its own DNA that is neither the father's nor the mothers. The denial that life begins at conception is a matter of convenience for the pro-abortion folks since conceding this point would render all the split hairs used to promote abortion on demand and for any reason useless. There is no point in stating the obvious. I know life begins at conception and so do you, but you will never, ever admit that because it's a debate ender.

Try again, idiot.

No one is debating that life begins at conception

Oh bullshit. It's a pro-abortionist stance that people who are pro-life are rabidly pro-life even at the expense of the life of the mother.

Nobody is, and nobody ever has been. While this sort of case is exceedingly rare, as is pointed out all the time, that doesn't mean any of us would say it's best to let both children die, when you can save one.

Then just admit it: Taking Life through Abortion is OK.

Only in the case where the mother's life is in danger.
I've never said any different, and have argued for YEARS against the yahoos who think that if the pro-life crowd has their way, women will be "forced" to have children, even when their lives are in danger.

This is a huge problem for the Mexican/Hispanic population. I'm not sure why.

Crimes against children in Mexico and all throughout LA countries go unpunished - so the crimes continue. It seems that crimes against children, even in some cases in the USA, don't matter either.

At least they put him in jail. Planned Parenthood in the US wouldn't even bother reporting it.

Trust me, his stay in jail will not be a long one.

I'm personally pro-life but, in my view, I think everyone should mind their own business and let the girl and her Mom decide what is in her best interests. There is no 'winner' in some circumstances... just the lesser of two evils.

CG:

This is a pro-abortion arguement.

Are you SURE you're "personally pro-life?"

Even when abortion was illegal, women with medical issues could terminate pregnancy. And it's a lie when pro-abortionists state otherwise.

This is a huge problem for the Mexican/Hispanic population. I'm not sure why.

At least they put him in jail. Planned Parenthood in the US wouldn't even bother reporting it.

do you have any proof that planned parenthood does not report child abuse? do you?

if so provide it...if not admit it is just bullmal you pulled out of the air in your fucking head

'I'm personally pro-life but, in my view, I think everyone should mind their own business and let the girl and her Mom decide what is in her best interests. There is no 'winner' in some circumstances... just the lesser of two evils.'

In agreement - so I guess that makes us pro-choice. How can anybody know what is the right thing unless you are in their shoes???? I'm against abortion if used as a means of birth control.

New Topics

Forum List

Back