10-year-old boy accused in sexual assault of 5-year-old cousin

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio confirmed today that a 10-year-old Jersey City boy has been charged in the sexual assault of his 5-year-old female cousin.

DeFazio said the incident occurred Saturday and his office was notified about the matter yesterday morning by the state Division of Family and Youth Services.

Both the alleged victim and the boy -- with his father present -- were interviewed yesterday by investigators with the Prosecutor's Office, DeFazio said.

The boy was charged with sexual assault and released to his parents, the prosecutor said.

Jersey City 10-year-old boy accused in sexual assault of 5-year-old cousin | NJ.com

What is going on here? Rape or experimentation?

Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio confirmed today that a 10-year-old Jersey City boy has been charged in the sexual assault of his 5-year-old female cousin.

DeFazio said the incident occurred Saturday and his office was notified about the matter yesterday morning by the state Division of Family and Youth Services.

Both the alleged victim and the boy -- with his father present -- were interviewed yesterday by investigators with the Prosecutor's Office, DeFazio said.

The boy was charged with sexual assault and released to his parents, the prosecutor said.

Jersey City 10-year-old boy accused in sexual assault of 5-year-old cousin | NJ.com

10 is pretty old to be pawing a five yr. old. She was probably really scared, there is some equity in power there. He needs to know he can't just do stuff like this.

If they were closer in age I would say it's just prolly kids experimenting but I suspect that's not the case here.

Chances are that the kid has been abused himself or has watched some pervy shit going on at home. I imagine this family will get some intensive intervention.

He may have to register as a sex offender.

Chances are that the kid has been abused himself or has watched some pervy shit going on at home. I imagine this family will get some intensive intervention.

I agree that it's likely but some 10 year olds are malicious on their own. The story is way too vague though to come to any kind of reasonable conclusion.

If it turns out that he did sexually assault her then that's probably not a bad thing.

I agree Art. However this story reminded me of a disturbing case we had back when I was in social services.

An 11 year old molested his 4 year old step sister and when the step mom (mother of the baby) was asked why she thought it happened she said "She flirts with him and runs around the house naked". She blamed the baby.

As it turns out, the father was a fisherman who used to bring his crew to the home to have their way with his wife after a long while at sea.

The 11 year old thought that's what girls were for.

How do you fix that? This was "normal" for these fucked up people.

I agree Art. However this story reminded me of a disturbing case we had back when I was in social services.

An 11 year old molested his 4 year old step sister and when the step mom (mother of the baby) was asked why she thought it happened she said "She flirts with him and runs around the house naked". She blamed the baby.

As it turns out, the father was a fisherman who used to bring his crew to the home to have their way with his wife after a long while at sea.

I got no idea how to "fix" that but I'm fine with someone like that getting branded as a sex offender. In my mind how he or she got to that point matters in therapy or whatever but it doesn't matter one bit when it comes to the giving the sex offender brand ... they are still a danger and need to be treated as such.

Prepubescent children exploiting other prepubescent children.

Our society used to call this rather common event "Playing Doctor".

Now it's considered a serious problem.

We do not KNOW what this kid really did, do we?

No and we probably won't. But the fact that he's been charged with a crime leads me to believe that this was more than playing doctor. Most incest cases are handled by DYFS; not the police.

No, we don't. I agree to an extent that children do experiment or mess around while not really realizing what they are doing but the difference in age between these two makes me pause.

Too much information, not enough supervision. I hate what our legal system does to children, how it fails to protect them and then demonizes them instead.
ETAY: Infancy Defense

Thank you. We also don't know what he was thinking at the time. There is SO much of this being "prosecuted" today that "treatment" has become an industry.
The boy will NOT have to register as an offender due to his age. Treatment will creep him out for all time though.

One of our mantras at school is "there are no bad kids; just bad parents". Although I do think there are exceptions to that, in the case I described, it was true. That kid did not know what he did was wrong. i never learned what happened to him, but I'm fairly certain they tried to "keep the family together" which is code for "we have no place to put him".

I got no idea how to "fix" that but I'm fine with someone like that getting branded as a sex offender. In my mind how he or she got to that point matters in therapy or whatever but it doesn't matter one bit when it comes to the giving the sex offender brand ... they are still a danger and need to be treated as such.

I do believe that when children are found to be engaging in grown up activities, there needs to be an intervention and close supervision. I don't believe these kids should be traumatized for all time, OR BRANDED in any way. They aren't a danger, they need guidance.

No, we don't. I agree to an extent that children do experiment or mess around while not really realizing what they are doing but the difference in age between these two makes me pause.

Well of course.

That's why I used the word EXPLOIT in my original post. Older kids often tend to exploit young kids.

STill...without really knowing specifically what happened, this thread is merely an invitation for us over react.

Which is fucking ridiculous. I can think of no better way to guarantee he turns into a sex offender than to make him register as one starting now, and to start pounding into his head all the deviant things he isn't allowed to do, make him attend counseling with REAL sex offenders who will target him, etc.

Who the hell leaves a 10 year old boy with a 5 year old? I sure as shit don't.

Which is fucking ridiculous. I can think of no better way to guarantee he turns into a sex offender than to make him register as one starting now, and to start pounding into his head all the deviant things he isn't allowed to do, make him attend counseling with REAL sex offenders who will target him, etc.

Who the hell leaves a 10 year old boy with a 5 year old? I sure as shit don't.

Children USED in a sexual performance by adults are now charged (the older of the ? #) with abuse, although they are not required to register under certain ages. They then have to go through intensive programs that require them to admit their guilt on a daily basis. Adults in the "juvenile justice" system really need to get their heads out of their asses. Adults that see no problem with BRANDING exploited, neglected, unsupervised, and overstimulated CHILDREN need to as well.

Well of course.

That's why I used the word EXPLOIT in my original post. Older kids often tend to exploit young kids.

STill...without really knowing specifically what happened, this thread is merely an invitation for us over react.

Isn't that what we live for around here?

Forum List

Back