10-year anniversary of Baghdad fall to US forces

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by longknife, Apr 10, 2013.

1. georgephillip

georgephillip Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,112
    And Wesley knew that in November of 2001:

"'As I went back through the Pentagon in November 2001, one of the senior military staff officers had time for a chat. Yes, we were still on track for going against Iraq, he said. But there was more. This was being discussed as part of a five-year campaign plan, he said, and there were a total of seven countries, beginning with Iraq, then Syria, Lebanon, Libya, Iran, Somalia and Sudan.'"

Wesley Clark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2. numan

numan What! Me Worry?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +459
    '

IRAQ -- another shameful chapter in American history -- which already has so many shameful chapters.

3. numan

numan What! Me Worry?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +459
    America cannot be blamed for everything that goes wrong in the world, but the people who rule America have had their hand in much of what has been evil in the world.

It is a difficult question to decide: whether the Nazis have committed more evil or the American Elite.

The Nazis certainly did more evil in a short period of time, but the American Elite have certainly equalled or surpassed the Nazis in the longer decades since the Second World War.

4. numan

numan What! Me Worry?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +459
    Indeed, the average citizens of both Iraq AND the USA are worse off than they were before the war.

5. Dugdale_Jukes

Dugdale_Jukes Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Clark would have been a great choice in 2004. Democrats really fucked that up. Still, in their defense, who would have believed the white trash scum of the earth were depraved enough to re elect Junebug?

6. numan

numan What! Me Worry?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +459
    Well, considering the well-researched stories about voting irregularities in Ohio, including investigations by members of Congress, perhaps W. Bush wasn't elected President in 2004.

[​IMG]

The front page of the British Daily Mirror after the 2004 vote

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  7. georgephillip

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,112
    Does it bother you at all that someone who probably would have made a much better commander-in-chief than anyone since Ike knew for a fact we were going into Iraq in November of 2001 AND there were six more dominoes slated to fall within the next decade AND he kept his mouth shut?

8. Dugdale_Jukes

Dugdale_Jukes Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +263
    No. If you knew Clark (and many do) you would know that he understood how Clinton and Cohen marginalized him for refusing to fight the war they wanted to fight over Kosova. When they forced him out to prevent him getting a lot of political horsepower after HIS victory, he proved the old business school saw about being "dead right" [one can stop at a stop sign, look both ways, and still get killed by a drunk going through the one on either side].

In sum Clark got blamed for everything but the disappearance of Judge Crater. By 2001 he was on his own. He owed nothing to anybody and anything he would have said would have been used to further marginalize him.

Clark 2004 is probably the greatest missed opportunity for the United States of the last thirty-five years.

Last edited: May 20, 2013
  9. georgephillip

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,112
    Clark, Cohen, and Clinton all qualify as war criminals for their decisions in Kosovo, if you know what I mean. One of the three goals Wesley set for himself in civilian life was to earn $40 million dollars. By 2003 he had amassed only $3.1 million and that might have been his primary inspiration for seeking public office instead of advancing his corporate career.

Given the millions of Iraqis and thousands of Americans who paid with their lives, limbs, homes, and freedom since Clark had that meeting in the Pentagon in November 2001, "dead wrong" seems like an appropriate epitaph for Wesley.

Wesley Clark - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

10. numan

numan What! Me Worry?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +459
    Now, that is a real period-piece!! I haven't heard it for ages.

I'm afraid that it dates you -- and me -- though. · · :D