10 Worst Distortions of 2004 Campaign

acludem said:
I'll give that to you when you convince me that Fox News Channel is "fair and balanced" :laugh:

acludem

Perhaps you see no bias in mainstream media coverage because what they're saying sounds reasonable to you. I submit that any news source displaying even a hint of objectivity falls so far to the right of the Upper Manhattan Information Monopoly as to appear slanted in favor of conservatives.

But, then again - you don't believe Memogate was politically motivated. Why am I even talking to you?

acludem said:
If you want, I will list who owns the major media news outlets, in fact here a couple of examples. CBS is owned by General Electric Corporation - guess what company's CEO publically stated his support for Bush and gave him massive amounts of campaign donations? As for Bias and Arrogance, why would I read books by a discredited, disgruntled former employee of CBS? I have seen a couple of interesting studies that show that there is a bias in the media, but it is decidely pro-business and pro-elite. I could only link to one of them http://www.fair.org/extra/0205/power_sources.html The other one which was done by Michael Tomasky (and yes, I know he's a liberal but that doesn't mean his study is invalid), I could not find a link to. Tomasky's finding was that conservative newspapers almost never say anything bad about Bush, but liberal newspapers were far more critical of Bill Clinton. Another good read is What Liberal Media by Eric Alterman. There are numerous studies on both sides of this issue. One of the more interesting articles I've seen was this one:http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2004/09/26/INGAG8T2FR1.DTL

acludem

Bernard Goldberg only became a "discredited and disgruntled" employee AFTER he wrote his column in the Wall Street Journal. The Dan and company had nothing but rave reviews of Goldberg prior to that. Several other prominent media NeoLibs are also on record with glowing remarks about Goldberg prior to his publishing of Bias.

You can't see the bias because anything that agrees with your narrow view of the world can't possibly be bias.

Forum List

Back