10 Top Albums of the '60s and '70s

I agree with NLT, the fact that Dark Side isn't on the list is a travesty. Rumours was the best selling album and it has aged well, but so has Dark Side.

Actually, any of Bob Dylan's first 7 albums could be #s 1 through 7.

upload_2014-11-21_2-52-3.jpeg

upload_2014-11-21_2-52-45.jpeg

220px-RSSF71.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it says the poll is from grandparents.com, so there you go! :lol: Maybe some of them are senile grandparents.

The only list based on a poll about music I would take into consideration would be one from a source that has to do with music because I'm sure they have many more people who are more familiar with music to poll than grandparents.com. Lol.

Well, it says the poll is from grandparents.com, so there you go! :lol: Maybe some of them are senile grandparents.

The only list based on a poll about music I would take into consideration would be one from a source that has to do with music because I'm sure they have many more people who are more familiar with music to poll than grandparents.com. Lol.
I didn't find their selections to be realistic. Not for a top 10.

Definitely not what I would want in my top 10.
1. Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
2. Who's Next - The Who
3. ZOSO - Led Zeppelin
4. Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix
5. Sgt Pepper - The Beatles
6. Layla and other love songs - Derek and the Dominos
7. Live at the Fillmore East - The Allman Brothers
8. Deja Vu - Crosby, Stills, Nash, & Young
9. Days of Future Past - The Moody Blues
10. The Wall - Pink Floyd

Each to their own, I guess.

Dark side of the moon should be #1 on that list
I despise Pink Floyd. I love their enemies (the Rolling Stones)

I like the Stones a lot better, but I like some PF stuff too. :)
I was referring to their political feud. About the Stones playing in Israel, and the Hamas thing.

I'm not familiar with their feud. I only judge them by their music and how much I like it. :)

LZ I is top ten
Derek and the Dominoes-Layla and other Love Songs
Eat a Peach-the best record from the best US Band
Surrealistic Pillow-Jeferson Airplane
Are you experienced-Hendrix, Redding and Mitchell
Aqualung or Thick as a Brick-pick one
Seventh Sojourn-Moody Blues
Sgt Pepper
Liege and Lief-Fairport Convention-the seminal electric Folk record
Blood on the Tracks-Bob Dylan

LZ I is top ten
Sgt Pepper
Blood on the Tracks doesn't even come close to any one of Dylan's albums # 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

I'd rate Hard Days Night, Rubber Soul, and Help over Sgt Pepper, easily. And I PLAY the songs as well as listen.

images
shopping

LZ I is top ten
Sgt Pepper
Blood on the Tracks doesn't even come close to any one of Dylan's albums # 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.

I'd rate Hard Days Night, Rubber Soul, and Help over Sgt Pepper, easily. And I PLAY the songs as well as listen.

images
shopping

ask 10 people and there are going to be at least 80 answers. Sgt Pepper is routinely rated by many "experts" as the best ever. My favorite album of all time is probably London Calling by the Clash which is on many top ten lists of all time because it has so many good songs and several different styles. Blind Faith's one shot effort is an awesome album as is Paul Kantner/Jerry Garcia/David Crosby's "Blows against the Empire" which was the first of the "Jefferson Starship" albums but was basically a San Francisco all-star cast. Liege and Lief put British Electric Folk on the map and featured the awesome vocals of the late Great Sandy Denny.

Dark side of the moon should be #1 on that list
Love that album, one of my all time favorites.

Also Rumors was great. Sgt Peppers, Boston's first album, Styx's Grand Illusion is up there in my book. Just a couple.

Here's what I think should've been #1

slide_380678_4511872_free.jpg

and Simon & Garfunkle should've been 2nd. I will also add that I think Springsteen is probably the least talented individual ever to gain so much fame. To include him the with likes of Johnny Cash and Carole King is a travesty.

See all of them @ The 10 Greatest Albums Of The 60s And 70s

I own ONE.

SGT. Pepper.

Most of the rest I wouldn't listen to.

I can think of dozens better.

Revolver, Rubber Soul, Yesterday and Today(my favourite, but, I skip "Yesterday").

Any number of Bob Marley album, but I'd pick the first one with Trenchtown Rock, can't recall the name, but it was on Trojan.

Almost any Stones album BEFORE Exiles, which I still think sucks.

Grateful Dead, called Grateful Dead I think, with Bertha, Johnny B. Goode, Big Boss man and others.

Loved Fleetwood Mac when it was Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, BEFORE the silly women.

That was maybe the worst top ten I ever saw.

No Ronettes. How could they get left out?

LZ I is top ten
Sgt Pepper

images
shopping

ask 10 people and there are going to be at least 80 answers. Sgt Pepper is routinely rated by many "experts" as the best ever. My favorite album of all time is probably London Calling by the Clash which is on many top ten lists of all time because it has so many good songs and several different styles. Blind Faith's one shot effort is an awesome album as is Paul Kantner/Jerry Garcia/David Crosby's "Blows against the Empire" which was the first of the "Jefferson Starship" albums but was basically a San Francisco all-star cast. Liege and Lief put British Electric Folk on the map and featured the awesome vocals of the late Great Sandy Denny.
YES, Blind Faith!!!!!

"I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time oh no,

And I'm wasted and I can't find my way home."

And Yardbirds, Traffic, too.

The more I think the shittier that list gets.

Hell, the White Album was better than Sgt. Pepper for that matter.

Here's what I think should've been #1

slide_380678_4511872_free.jpg

and Simon & Garfunkle should've been 2nd. I will also add that I think Springsteen is probably the least talented individual ever to gain so much fame. To include him the with likes of Johnny Cash and Carole King is a travesty.

See all of them @ The 10 Greatest Albums Of The 60s And 70s

I own ONE.

SGT. Pepper.

Most of the rest I wouldn't listen to.

I can think of dozens better.

Revolver, Rubber Soul, Yesterday and Today(my favourite, but, I skip "Yesterday").

Any number of Bob Marley album, but I'd pick the first one with Trenchtown Rock, can't recall the name, but it was on Trojan.

Almost any Stones album BEFORE Exiles, which I still think sucks.

Grateful Dead, called Grateful Dead I think, with Bertha, Johnny B. Goode, Big Boss man and others.

Loved Fleetwood Mac when it was Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, BEFORE the silly women.

That was maybe the worst top ten I ever saw.

No Ronettes. How could they get left out?

Europe 72-one of the greatest live records of all time with killer versions of Jack Straw, China-Rider, BE woman

LZ I is top ten
Sgt Pepper

images
shopping
How could I have forgotten Highway 61 and Blonde on Blonde????

Forum List

Back