10 Things Vets Get Wrong About Mental Health

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
25781745417_54ef3a6471_k.jpg

What do most of us think we know about mental health? Dealing with PTSD? Or just plain depression?

Most of it may be wrong.

It’s not just about medications…

…but sometimes it could be

PTSD and T(raumatic) B(rain) I(njury) are significant…

…and veteran mental health goes far beyond just PTSD and TBI

It’s not all in a veteran’s head…

…and it sort of is

Not all experiences are common…

… but many experiences are more common than we think.

Mental health professionals know what they’re talking about…

…and have the science to back it up

All the explanations @ 10 Things Vets Think They Know About Veteran Mental Health — And What They Get Wrong

Traumatic brain injury is significant. Stress disorder is made up. Many times by druggies looking for a fix.

Reasons I will never donate to "wounded warrior project:.They fund phony drug abusers and domestic assault perpetrators who may or may not have seen a freaking day of combat while real injured combat warriors have to share what's left.

Suicide rates keep increasing. When military people stop killing foreigners in foreign countries they start killing themselves.

Well. They'd have to be mentally ill(or incapable) to sign on to begin with unless they're truly afraid ship loads of people in black robes will be invading North Carolina. Then the whole "mental illness" thing becomes reality........like voting for Hillary.

Well. They'd have to be mentally ill(or incapable) to sign on to begin with unless they're truly afraid ship loads of people in black robes will be invading North Carolina. Then the whole "mental illness" thing becomes reality........like voting for Hillary.

Too late for North Carolina. They already have their mentally unbalanced there voting. You can recognize them by their red baseball caps.

Reasons I will never donate to "wounded warrior project:.They fund phony drug abusers and domestic assault perpetrators who may or may not have seen a freaking day of combat while real injured combat warriors have to share what's left.

Well true there are combat veterans but they cannot fight a war alone. All support efforts are appreciated.

Wow people. PTSD is a real thing, I have friends who suffer from it to varying degrees and they sure as fuck ain't "druggies looking for a fix" as one of you asswipes suggested, nor are they faking.

Forum List

Back