10 Things Every Intersectional Feminist Should Ask On a First Date

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
This is not from a spoof site, firstly, and secondly, the author is totally serious.

This is the kind of utter bullshit that makes me weep for Millennials.

As a queer femme of color, I keep close relationships with people who go beyond allyship; they’re true accomplices in the fight against white supremacy, queerphobia, and misogyny. If you’re not going to support marginalized folks, then we can’t be friends, let alone date. The personal is political.

Beyond the lovely cushioning, happiness and support that we receive from our platonic relationships (which are, in all honesty, soul-feeding and essential), feminists also date! But there are questions we have to ask before we get close to someone.

The following list of questions is applicable to all relationships — certainly not just cisgender, heterosexual ones:

1. Do you believe that Black Lives Matter?
Yes? Wonderful. Let’s start here. There are three categories that are non-negotiables for me: an understanding of race, class, and gender. Not everyone understands how these three can be insidious, systemic and intertwined, but anyone who doesn’t take the time to learn how systemic racism works isn’t going to care about how racism affects me or people who are darker-skinned than I am.

I don’t want to have to have laborious discussions where I have to prove to someone that white privilege or non-black privilege exists. If they are willing to learn and listen and make the space to decenter their whiteness (if they are white), that’s a good place to start.

2. What are your thoughts on gender and sexual orientation?
The gender binary is a tiny box and I wish it didn’t exist, but it does. I wouldn’t want to be with anyone who is queer-phobic. One out of many important elements to dismantling patriarchy is to abolish gender roles as well as the limited understanding that we have about sexuality and gender itself. I can’t imagine being with someone who is transphobic; as a feminist and woman of color, it would be a betrayal of what I stand for. Ignoring trans-misogynoir would be to deny one of the biggest, most despicable problems that we face.

3. How do you work to dismantle sexism and misogyny in your life?
I’ve met cisgender heteronormative (cishet) men who hate women. They say they love women, but that love is conditional on not having their toxic masculinity questioned or threatened in any way. And they love us as a monolith, they love what women have to offer, whether it is sex, food, love, care, emotional labor: they love us for what we can do for them,....(more raving stupidity follows and is very entertaining)​

When I see something as idiotic as this, I always have to find out what that person looks like.

Oh surprise! She's also a racist who hates white people, or at least hates her white half.

larawitt.jpg

When I see something as idiotic as this, I always have to find out what that person looks like.

Oh surprise! She's also a racist who hates white people, or at least hates her white half.

larawitt.jpg

Typical dumbfuck leftist.

one question....

why any man in his sane mind

would ask a femi-nazi on a date???? why???????????

are you mad or something???:cuckoo:

larawitt.jpg

Typical dumbfuck leftist.

How did she ever live to be that age? Most of them gnaw their fingers and toes off before reaching the age of 18.

Some fun here. If there were no libtards in this world, we wouldn't have any entertainment.
:lmao:

one question....

Desperation?

Men are not known for being discriminate?

Sometimes guys have too many beers before closing time?

If you find an answer you could probably market it for millions.

one question....

Desperation?

Men are not for being discriminate?

In my eye..... a man gives up like that....a chooses a femi nazi out of desperation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????

that idiot deserves all the shit is coming to him.

that's that.

one question....

Desperation?

Men are not for being discriminate?

In my eye..... a man gives up like that....a chooses a femi nazi out of desperation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ?????????????????

that idiot deserves all the shit is coming to him.

that's that.

I'd be willing to bet she's never been in a real relationship. Quite a few one nighters though

Advise for all men out there.....

Do not chose feminazi scum ....never never never....not even with a ten foot pole!

ok? Do yourself a favor. those who have ears, hear!

That's all my dears :biggrin:

Advise for all men out there.....

Do not chose feminazi scum ....never never never....not even with a ten foot pole!

ok? Do yourself a favor. those who have ears, hear!

That's all my dears :biggrin:

i learned that a long time ago when dating in college.

Truer words were never spoken, though I exempt genuine classic liberals from that.

I am speaking of Feminazis here.

one question....

Desperation?

Men are not known for being discriminate?

you know most people don't know what an intersectional feminist is, right?

but why are you even concerning yourself with that? it doesn't affect you. won't affect anyone in your life and the people that matters to aren't people you would have any relationship with.

so I'm confused how you even came upon that

This is not from a spoof site, firstly, and secondly, the author is totally serious.

This is the kind of utter bullshit that makes me weep for Millennials.

As a queer femme of color, I keep close relationships with people who go beyond allyship; they’re true accomplices in the fight against white supremacy, queerphobia, and misogyny. If you’re not going to support marginalized folks, then we can’t be friends, let alone date. The personal is political.

Beyond the lovely cushioning, happiness and support that we receive from our platonic relationships (which are, in all honesty, soul-feeding and essential), feminists also date! But there are questions we have to ask before we get close to someone.

The following list of questions is applicable to all relationships — certainly not just cisgender, heterosexual ones:

1. Do you believe that Black Lives Matter?
Yes? Wonderful. Let’s start here. There are three categories that are non-negotiables for me: an understanding of race, class, and gender. Not everyone understands how these three can be insidious, systemic and intertwined, but anyone who doesn’t take the time to learn how systemic racism works isn’t going to care about how racism affects me or people who are darker-skinned than I am.

I don’t want to have to have laborious discussions where I have to prove to someone that white privilege or non-black privilege exists. If they are willing to learn and listen and make the space to decenter their whiteness (if they are white), that’s a good place to start.

2. What are your thoughts on gender and sexual orientation?
The gender binary is a tiny box and I wish it didn’t exist, but it does. I wouldn’t want to be with anyone who is queer-phobic. One out of many important elements to dismantling patriarchy is to abolish gender roles as well as the limited understanding that we have about sexuality and gender itself. I can’t imagine being with someone who is transphobic; as a feminist and woman of color, it would be a betrayal of what I stand for. Ignoring trans-misogynoir would be to deny one of the biggest, most despicable problems that we face.

3. How do you work to dismantle sexism and misogyny in your life?
I’ve met cisgender heteronormative (cishet) men who hate women. They say they love women, but that love is conditional on not having their toxic masculinity questioned or threatened in any way. And they love us as a monolith, they love what women have to offer, whether it is sex, food, love, care, emotional labor: they love us for what we can do for them,....(more raving stupidity follows and is very entertaining)​

And make any woman sign a contract stating that any agreeing kisses, or hugs isn't sexual harassment LOL..

Forum List

Back