10 states have opted out...................

If the Federal Government can ignore Immigration Law in Arizona, then the States should be able to ignore Federal Law as well.

With the exception of clear duties spelled out in the Constitution, the states should be allowed to run their own shows in the first place. We were never meant to have a Big Brother running our lives.

As far as I know Indiana has only opted out of the abortion funding portion...am I missing something...link?

The right wing thugs are trying to beat the drums to get the idiots to think they can actually do so.

Yeah! How DARE people think we live under a Constitution of Sovereign States!

Obama did away with that! :eusa_snooty:

You know that avatar you have Black is a good fit!

As far as I know Indiana has only opted out of the abortion funding portion...am I missing something...link?

The right wing thugs are trying to beat the drums to get the idiots to think they can actually do so.

we no longer live under the Articles of Confederation.

go check it out. big news 'round these parts.

:cuckoo:

And they’ll all opt back in by 2014.

No governor or state lawmaker is going to allow the poor of his state to go without health insurance with a program and funding available. It’s a political impossibility.

[The] rhetoric does not always translate to action. Many Republican governors said they would not accept funds from the 2009 stimulus package, but they ended up taking the money in the end. Three governors, in Florida, Wisconsin and Ohio, turned down money to build a high-speed rail line. Former South Carolina Gov. Mark Sanford tried to turn down federal education stimulus money, but his state Supreme Court rejected that. And former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin rejected some state energy funding, but her Legislature overruled her.

Mystery After the Health Care Ruling: Which States Will Refuse Medicaid Expansion? - ProPublica

There is a better chance of opting in if obama wins. If he loses, they won't have it to worry about.

Based on the "opposition" responses I've seen to my post, I really don't think any of them have even a basic understanding of this Medicaid issue.

Some think the states are turning down "free" money and this dude seems to think the states will no longer be caring for the poor currently on their Medicaid rolls.

Gotta' scratch my head sometimes...................

Teapartyterrorist doesn't care, she takes pride in not knowing what in the hell she is talking about.

Sorry, but I don't feel it's necessary to have to cater to the illiterates and idiots on this board.

How hard is it for YOU to click the display option for threaded mode? And strange that you seem to be following this branch of the thread quite nicely now. Took my advice, perhaps?

I hate to break it to you, but we STILL HAVE SOVEREIGN STATES. That's why we STILL have the ELECTORIAL COLLEGE.

FUNNY, but libs claim sovereignty when they want medical marijuana, but suddenly that goes down the memory hole when it comes to forcing mandates on states.

Teapartyterrorist doesn't care, she takes pride in not knowing what in the hell she is talking about.

Blackbelt in Stupidity, do you even know what we are talking about?

Why don't you try that?

Obviously you don't. You just jumped in to troll.

It tells a lot about your mentality and ignorance.

Sad.

Forum List

Back