10 shot, killed in south Ala. towns; shooter dead

I see more people getting into their cars every weekend after the bars close ... and most of them wind up killing someone.

ROFLMNAO... so most people leaving bars end up killing someone?

REALLY? Well that IS news... I mean it was just yesterday when almost NONE; a tiny, infinitesimal fraction of those leaving bars end up killing someone.

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the earliest days of the Clinton regime, but shortly after that crowd took office, people began to shoot the joint up...

I mentioned in a thread not too terribly long ago, I'm sure it was one wherein Chrissy was ranting on endlessly repeating her fallacious nonsense... but I said then that I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a spike in gun violence after Hussein took office.

All we're missing now is the obligatory school, then the necessary workplace shooting and then some seemingly unrelated RAID on some oddball group living away out by themselves... who can be shown to be 'storing illegal weapons...' Murder a couple of dozen children and PRESTO you've got a sound reason to implement harsh... but necessary 'reasonable regulations' which will of course require we give up another major chunk of of rightful freedom...

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember the earliest days of the Clinton regime, but shortly after that crowd took office, people began to shoot the joint up...

I mentioned in a thread not too terribly long ago, I'm sure it was one wherein Chrissy was ranting on endlessly repeating her fallacious nonsense... but I said then that I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see a spike in gun violence after Hussein took office.

All we're missing now is the obligatory school, then the necessary workplace shooting and then some seemingly unrelated RAID on some oddball group living away out by themselves... who can be shown to be 'storing illegal weapons...' Murder a couple of dozen children and PRESTO you've got a sound reason to implement harsh... but necessary 'reasonable regulations' which will of course require we give up another major chunk of of rightful freedom...

Ive said this a thousand times before myself.....

I knew this would happen......

Is it coincidence????

The guy had a rifle capable of automatic fire?

Thought they were illegal.

I read that too, that it was a legally owned and licensed full auto machine gun.

To answer your question Ed, machine guns are not illegal, but ownership is massively regulated by the ATF and federal law. I believe you must had a special federal firearm license, and you must register the weapon with the local sheriff's department and inform the any time it is in transit from it's storage location. I'll get the full info and post it in a second.

It has been unlawful since 1934 (The National Firearms Act) for civilians to own machine guns without special permission from the U.S. Treasury Department. Machine guns are subject to a $200 tax every time their ownership changes from one federally registered owner to another, and each new weapon is subject to a manufacturing tax when it is made, and it must be registered with the Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) in its National Firearms Registry. To become a registered owner, a complete FBI background investigation is conducted, checking for any criminal history or tendencies toward violence, and an application must be submitted to the BATF including two sets of fingerprints, a recent photo, a sworn affidavit that transfer of the NFA firearm is of "reasonable necessity," and that sale to and possession of the weapon by the applicant "would be consistent with public safety." The application form also requires the signature of a chief law enforcement officer with jurisdiction in the applicant's residence.

There is some more to this article GunCite - Gun Control: Machine Guns

Last edited:
So did this guy own a fully automatic weapon or not?

And if he did, did he have it legally?

If if he did not get it legally, how did he get it?

McLendon was hired as a Samson police office in 2003, but he did not complete police academy training in Montgomery and left the force, according to Cook.

New hires have six months to complete academy training after they’ve been hired. They are not considered sworn officers until they complete academy training.

McLendon had no criminal history before this incident, said Geneva County Sheriff Greg Ward...

McClendon was armed with two semi-automatic rifles, and a .38-caliber handgun, Cook said. He estimates more than 200 rounds were fired by McLendon in the sprees...

According to this article, they were semi-automatic rifles. Which means the police were not out-gunned. All semi-automatic pistol (like those issued to the police) fire at exactly the same rate as all semi-automatic rifles...one round per trigger pull.

http://m.montgomeryadvertiser.com/a...20090311/NEWS/90311053/-1/WAP&template=wapart

What was the question again? :confused:

The question is as it always is: "How did Australia become so Feminized that it allowed itself to be disarmed, through the absurd rationalzation that an armed nutcase that murdered innocent people, required that they should disarm THE INNOCENT PEOPLE!"

A gunman on a terrifying rampage across two southern Alabama counties killed at least nine people Tuesday, including members of his own family and apparent strangers, and burned down his mother's home before shooting himself at a metals plant, authorities said.

Funny. A gunman went on a rampage.

I don't see where it says the semi-automatic rifle went on a rampage.

Again....people kill people. A gun is an inanimate object.

Sheesh.

I had a guy riding my bumper this morning in traffic while going 65+ miles an hour......then a little while later...two other guys were racing around amongst this regularly heavy flow of traffic at about 95+ miles an hour , just weaving in and out of traffic.....wow.

People choose to do dangerous things all the time with what would normally be considered safe objects or things.

However.....guns are just soooooo scary and evil to some....:confused:

There are so many ways to kill a human ... millions. A gun is only one of those ways, and not even the best for most situations. Criminals know many more ways to make their point but still fear the possibility of someone being armed without them knowing, but the more pressure they put to restrict gun ownership more has emboldened many of them.

This story is just about a nutcase, who just chose to use guns as his tool. I know many people who killed with other techniques (not in person mind you) such as ... well ... almost all mass murderers. Then there are those who keep getting away with vehicular manslaughter just because ... it's not a gun! After totaling up all the ways people are killed, guns are sadly one of the least favorite choices when they intend on harming another person, usually they are spur of the moment, last resort tools when they are cornered ... but don't tell the anti-gun nuts out there ... they won't listen.

Forum List

Back