10 rules for dealing with the police

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmrbNLt7Om8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKPutNg88bA&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REJ2RsLp1Kk&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUv3A4hscc0&feature=channel[/ame]

Last edited:

This is some REALLY good stuff! I encourage all of our law and order folks to take a look at this - especially the first one - so you will have an idea of how your "nice" police officers handle things when they are dealing with someone other than a WASP. I assure you, video Number 1 is spot on, sad to say.

Haven't had time to watch the other three. I will do so as soon as I can get to them. As I said, this is good stuff. Thanks so much, Beukema.

one of their favorite tricks here.....they come to your house....noise complaint normally....you is a bit drunk and answer your door....they will ask you to step outside the door to talk...once you do that....you are hit with a public drunkness charge...

why is it conservatives are all about the consitution and knowing your rights till it comes to the police?
then you heard dumb mal....like...'dont break the law' what about knowing your rights as a law abiding citizen??

one of their favorite tricks here.....they come to your house....noise complaint normally....you is a bit drunk and answer your door....they will ask you to step outside the door to talk...once you do that....you are hit with a public drunkness charge...

why is it conservatives are all about the consitution and knowing your rights till it comes to the police?
then you heard dumb mal....like...'dont break the law' what about knowing your rights as a law abiding citizen??

Incorrect use of the broadbrush.

which board brush...police or conservatives?

driving a car with about 200 offensive bumperstickers....gets me pulled on a regular basis....i find knowing my rights prevents a lot of bullmal...

Don't think we're going to get even an ATTEMPT at answering that one.

in denial are you?

In denial about what? I know my rights, I use them, and I think everyone should. The great travesty of our law enforcement system is that so many people ignorant of their rights have ceded control to authority figures that aren't holding up their end of the bargain. I despise the group behind FlexYourRights.org (SSDP), but I applaud their efforts. At worst it's a tool box for lawbreakers to make it harder for Police to catch them, which is how it should be anyway because those rights are universal. At best it's a very excellent check on Police corruption while at the same time serves as a compelling set of examples on how to stay out of trouble.

These rules could be summed up in one;
Treat policemen like you want to be treated while you do your job.

Wrong.

I would want to be treated as a human being, and would want to receive polite responses to my questions. Answering the police could put your ass in jail.

When the police come into your private space, folks, they are not part of welcome wagon. They want something, which almost always is not in your good interest. Some of it has to do with who you are in your community. I know a fellow, a mayor of a community, of his own little town arrested for public intox. He knew he was toast. Raised his arms in the air, turned around, and put his hands behind his back to be handcuffed. His only comments were, before they got to the station, was, "Do it right. You know who your boss works for."

Regarding police knocking on your door, I heard that if you refuse to let them in but they see something bad when you open the door then they immediately get to come in.

Is that true?

Forum List

Back