10 Reasons Why We Need Big Government

LilOlLady

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2009
Reno, NV
Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Things have changed a bit, of course, and the vast institution that governs this vast nation has had to change, too. In 1776, there were about 2.5 million people living in the colonies that became the first states, and only a small fraction of them (adult white male land-owners) were privileged to participate in decision making. There are now over 306 million U.S. residents, 65% of them eligible to vote. At the country’s start, communication could travel only as fast as a good horse and rider; now most residents of the planet (and even those in orbit) can connect with one another almost instantaneously in a variety of ways. Other countries—most of which, in the time of our forefathers, could be reached only by means of a long ocean voyage—are now only hours away by plane (or minutes by missile).

read more;
http://46degreesnorth.blogspot.com/2009 ... nment.html

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Things have changed a bit, of course, and the vast institution that governs this vast nation has had to change, too. In 1776, there were about 2.5 million people living in the colonies that became the first states, and only a small fraction of them (adult white male land-owners) were privileged to participate in decision making. There are now over 306 million U.S. residents, 65% of them eligible to vote. At the country’s start, communication could travel only as fast as a good horse and rider; now most residents of the planet (and even those in orbit) can connect with one another almost instantaneously in a variety of ways. Other countries—most of which, in the time of our forefathers, could be reached only by means of a long ocean voyage—are now only hours away by plane (or minutes by missile).

read more;

I couldn't get the link to work but I want to give my reason we need smaller government. WE need a strong military to defend us but not to build nations around the world just to defend us. The rest of government should be as small as possible and most of the things our government is doing now should be done by the states. Education wes much better when the states ran it, there should be no federal gun laws only state gun laws. The commerce dept should only guarantee free trade not restrict anything, the states should do that. We don't need a big federal government we need a smaller federal government and stronger state governments.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

read more;
The link did not work for me either. You claim there are ten reasons why we need big government. I challenge you to produce just ONE good reason. Big government SUCKS! It sucks money out of the treasury to pay the salaries of worthless assholes that "work" for it. All we need is a strong, well equipped, well trained military...and a President with the balls to use it when needed!

Last edited:
I'd like to see these 10 reasons myself. and I can verify that the link doesnt work.

So please. Post these reasons.

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

read more;

I couldn't get the link to work but I want to give my reason we need smaller government. WE need a strong military to defend us but not to build nations around the world just to defend us. The rest of government should be as small as possible and most of the things our government is doing now should be done by the states. Education wes much better when the states ran it, there should be no federal gun laws only state gun laws. The commerce dept should only guarantee free trade not restrict anything, the states should do that. We don't need a big federal government we need a smaller federal government and stronger state governments.

fcukking yikes.............

Thankfully.........only a small minority agree.:boobies::fu:

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

read more;

There is absolutely NO reason why we need a big Bloated Federal Government. We have a federated Republic for a reason. We have states for a reason. Keep As much as possible at the state level. Let the Fed do what the Constitution Tasks them with doing. Provide Defense, Deal with Trade, Contracts, Treaties etc. Let the states do the rest.

Larger scale in DC simply means more waste, inefficiency, Redundancy and Red Tape.

Forum List

Back