10 Reasons Not To Honor Israel

There's no possible pull out of the West Bank. Too many cities that were once called settlements. This is one reason for the land swapping to create contiguity.

I guess I have a weird view on the settlements that's the minority viewpoint for the Israelis, Palestinians and Western mediators. I believe if there could be some guarantee that the rights of minorities could be protected, it would make sense to give administrative control (and taxation) of the Israeli settlements to the Palestinians, even if the settlers retain Israeli citizenship. There are Arabs living in Israel as both citizens and legal residents. I could see this as the reciprocal gesture. I realize this is unpopular on all sides.

Time will tell. When I see the Palestinian young being taught acceptance and tolerance of others (including Israel and Jews) I will have more reason for belief. At this time I know what is being taught.

Do you?

Yeah, I have a fairly good idea. I'll admit that I have a better idea about Egyptians than Palestinians, though.

No difference between Egyptians and Palestinians, dink. Both are Arabs. Many Pallies are Egyptians named al-Masri

No difference between Egyptians and Palestinians, dink. Both are Arabs. Many Pallies are Egyptians named al-Masri

Sweet. You finally answered a question I asked you days ago.

If you think all Arabs are the same, you're wrong. Don't you have one of those quotes that you like to spam about the Arab nation being imaginary? The truth is, the Egyptians (the Masryen) really do trace their history back to Ancient Egypt (not just so they can sell shit to tourists). The dialectal differences between Egyptian Arabic and Iraqi Arabic is so severe that my Egyptian friends have a lot of trouble understanding Iraqis (the Iraqis tend to understand the Egyptians because they get Egyptian programs). I've witnessed conversations between a Portuguese guy born in France (with a strong Portuguese accent) holding a conversation with a Dominican despite Spanish and Portuguese being considered separate languages (then again, Mandarin and Cantonese are considered dialects despite being completely mutual unintelligible). Arabs like to believe there is one "Arab" people; they're just wrong.

Sweet. You finally answered a question I asked you days ago.

If you think all Arabs are the same, you're wrong. Don't you have one of those quotes that you like to spam about the Arab nation being imaginary? The truth is, the Egyptians (the Masryen) really do trace their history back to Ancient Egypt (not just so they can sell shit to tourists). The dialectal differences between Egyptian Arabic and Iraqi Arabic is so severe that my Egyptian friends have a lot of trouble understanding Iraqis (the Iraqis tend to understand the Egyptians because they get Egyptian programs). I've witnessed conversations between a Portuguese guy born in France (with a strong Portuguese accent) holding a conversation with a Dominican despite Spanish and Portuguese being considered separate languages (then again, Mandarin and Cantonese are considered dialects despite being completely mutual unintelligible). Arabs like to believe there is one "Arab" people; they're just wrong.

Former PLO Leader Zuheir Mohsen...
The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct Palestinian people to oppose Zionism.
Zuheir Mohsen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's no possible pull out of the West Bank. Too many cities that were once called settlements. This is one reason for the land swapping to create contiguity.

I guess I have a weird view on the settlements that's the minority viewpoint for the Israelis, Palestinians and Western mediators. I believe if there could be some guarantee that the rights of minorities could be protected, it would make sense to give administrative control (and taxation) of the Israeli settlements to the Palestinians, even if the settlers retain Israeli citizenship. There are Arabs living in Israel as both citizens and legal residents. I could see this as the reciprocal gesture. I realize this is unpopular on all sides.

Time will tell. When I see the Palestinian young being taught acceptance and tolerance of others (including Israel and Jews) I will have more reason for belief. At this time I know what is being taught.

Do you?

Yeah, I have a fairly good idea. I'll admit that I have a better idea about Egyptians than Palestinians, though.

If/When a deal is done we will see... A unimplemented view is a useless view is a useless view.

Even if it is the better one. :razz:

Yeah, that's true. Anyway, I think I'll step out of this thread. I enjoy discussing and debating with you, Ropey, but JStone gets on my nerves a bit much.

Do you?

If/When a deal is done we will see... A unimplemented view is a useless view is a useless view.

You're fucking high

Without the settlements being disbanded there is no possibility of a Palestinian state - simply little banthustans - no viable contiguous state at all. For a two state solution it will be necessary to regain most of the land now illegally occupied by Israel. However the PIJ came up with a similar idea to you. They believed first of all that the settlements must go and worldwide sanctions need to be imposed on those benefiting in an economic way from them (which is enormous and largely the US) but they saw a possibility for Israel's who had shown no violence towards towards Palestinians being allowed to stay if they wished - I think as Palestinian citizens, just as, as you point out some with 'Palestinian' background are now citizens of Israel but obviously none who have harmed Palestinians - physically violently or burning their olive trees, stealing their land etc could stay.

http://www.pij.org/pijpapers/settlements_pijpaper.pdf

If a proper agreement does not come about soon, the settlements will make a two state solution entirely impossible (if they have not already) and there will either be a one state solution or I fear there will be the most horrible bloodshed as the Palestinians are killed and thrown off their land which the US Congress has now applauded as being rightfully Israeli land - which it is of course not.

The only hope for the Palestinian survival I see is that Israel is largely isolated apart from the US, the far right in Europe and one or two smaller states. That I believe is now the only hope for their survival of the Palestinians, both their physical survival and their survival on their historic homeland. I fear we are moving into a very dark era.

It is yet to be seen how the Arab spring will effect things.

Last edited:
Incredible that such a small population run America,don't you understand anything about the world Xotov,they certainly have kept Americans in Pauperdom for generations,think what you could have done with all the Trillions of dollars worth of "AID"you have given them over the years....Americans can't learn because they never question.:cool:
Wow. 7.5 million people surrounded by 300 million, most of whom want them all dead, just because of who they are. And yet they are not only surviving, but thriving. And you bitch about checkpoints... God bless Israel, please.

Without the settlements being disbanded there is no possibility of a Palestinian state

Jews living on sovereign Jewish land under international law that Jews have lived on and ruled in for 3000 years are not settlers.

You're a settler. Jews, not so much

Palestinians are Israel's illegal Mexicans.

Can you tell us when Fakestinians have ever had a state since the beginning of time? No, I didn't think so. They didn't even exist before the 1960s

Guy Milliere, Eminent Professor of History and Political Science, Sorbonne, Paris
No one had heard of a Palestinian people before the mid-1960s. They did not exist. Israel under the British Mandate until Israel' s Independence in 1948 was called Palestine. All Jews who were born there until i948 had the word « Palestine » stamped on their passports. The current Palestinians are those Arabs who, for a variety of reasons, decided to leave the land during the 1947 War of Independence, when five countries – Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq – attacked the 600,000 people in the fledgling state of Israel the day after its birth, hoping to kill it in the crib.
http://www.drzz.fr/the-war-against-israel-goes-on-by-guy-milliere/
't

Last edited:
Without the settlements being disbanded there is no possibility of a Palestinian state - simply little banthustans - no viable contiguous state at all. For a two state solution it will be necessary to regain most of the land now illegally occupied by Israel.

I disagree. The only way that would be true is if Israel remains in control over the settlements. I propose Palestinian control over Jewish settlements with the Israeli citizens being allowed to remain in their homes if they pay taxes to the Palestinian government.

You're fucking high

No. You just are unable to think in the abstract. You live in a linear fear of losing control and because of this you arrogantly attempt to protect that which needs no protection.

^ Repeating stupidity simply shows you to be so JStone. :)

Forum List

Back