10 Reasons Islam Is Not a Religion of Peace

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Top ten reasons why Islam is not the religion of peace
March 9th, 2005

Ever since 9/11, Muslim leaders who have access to the national media have told us that Islam is the religion of peace and that violence does not represent the essence of Muhammad’s religion.

Sadly it is not, for empirical, observable facts demonstrate beyond doubt that Islam at its founding is filled with violence—in the life of Muhammad himself and in the Quran itself.

Hence, these Muslim apologists must stop misleading unsuspecting Westerners, and they must be honest about the heart of their religion, for once and for all.

Here are ten clear, verifiable reasons that explain why Islam is not the religion of peace.

Clear? In order to prevent the standard, reflexive “out of context” defense from Muslim apologists, the context of each verse in the Quran is explained either in this article or in the links provided within each of the ten reasons. No verse is taken out of context, and Muslim translators are used.

Verifiable? The readers are invited to look up each verse in the Quran in multiple translations, by visiting this website and typing in references, like so: 61:10-12. (61 is the chapter or sura, and 10-12 are the verses). Once at the site, they should ignore request for the transliterated Arabic titles of the chapters in the Quran, and just type in the numbers.

10. Muhammad nicknames his weapons.

Tabari (AD 839-923) is an early Muslim historian who is considered largely reliable by scholars today. In fact, the State University of New York Press selected his history to be translated into 38 volumes. (We use volume 9, pp. 153-55, trans. Ismail K. Poonawala.)

9. Muhammad commands in his Quran that adulterers and adulteresses should receive a hundred lashes.

24:2 Strike the adulteress and the adulterer one hundred times. Do not let compassion for them keep you from carrying out God’s law—if you believe in God and the Last Day—and ensure that a group of believers witnesses the punishment. (Haleem)

Moreover, early and reliable traditions depict Muhammad and his Muslims stoning adulterers and adulteresses, as recorded by Bukhari and Muslim:

Umar said: God sent Muhammad with the truth and sent down the Book [Quran] to him, and the verse of stoning was included in what God most high sent down. God’s messenger [Muhammad] had people stoned to death, and we have done it also since his death. Stoning is a duty laid down in God’s Book for married men and women who commit fornication when proof is established, or if there is pregnancy, or a confession.

And when he had given command over her and she was put in a hole up to her breast, he ordered the people to stone her. Khalid b. al-Walid came forward with a stone which he threw at her head, and when the blood spurted on his face he cursed her . . . (Muslim)

Even if Muslim apologists today do not accept these hadiths, then they still have to answer why the true God would send down the harsh punishment of lashing in the Quran (Sura 24:2), when the New Testament says nothing about this. Christians should therefore rightly reject this verse, for Christ forgave the woman caught in adultery (John 8:1-11). He showed us the better way and taught the will of the true God.

For more information on this early punishment and how it is applied today, link to this article, which also answers Muslim apologists and explains John 8:1-11 more thoroughly.

8. Muhammad in his Quran permits husbands to beat their wives.

4:34 Husbands should take full care of their wives, with [the bounties] God has given to some more than others and with what they spend out of their own money. Righteous wives are devout and guard what God would have them guard in the husbands’ absence. If you fear high-handedness from your wives, remind them [of the teaching of God], then ignore them when you go to bed, then hit them. If they obey you, you have no right to act against them. God is most high and great. (Haleem)

Thus, domestic violence sits at the heart of early Islam—in the life of Muhammad and his Quran. Islam is therefore not the religion of peace.

7. Muhammad in his Quran commands that the hands of male or female thieves should be cut off.

5:38 Cut off the hands of thieves, whether they are male or female, as punishment for what they have done—a deterrent from God: God is almighty and wise. 39 But if anyone repents after his wrongdoing and makes amends, God will accept his repentance: God is most forgiving and merciful. (Haleem)

Muslim (c. 817-875 AD):

Aisha [favorite wife of Muhammad] reported the Prophet saying, “A thief’s hand should be cut off for only a quarter of a dinar and upwards.”

A dinar, a word taken from the Roman denarius, was not a small sum, but not exorbitant either, yet one-fourth of a dinar merits the loss of a hand in Muhammad’s view.

Suffice it to say here, Christ never endorsed this sort of violence. And Paul the Apostle says that thieves should work with their hands in order to share with those in need, not get their hand cut off (Ephesians 4:28). So Paul excels Muhammad.

Thus, harsh and excessive punitive violence sits at the heart of early Islam—in Muhammad’s life and in the Quran. Islam is therefore not the religion of peace.

6. Muhammad assassinates poets and poetesses.

These two poets represent others in early Islam.

March 624: Uqba bin Abu Muayt

Uqba mocked Muhammad in Mecca and wrote derogatory verses about him. He was captured during the Battle of Badr, and Muhammad ordered him to be executed. “But who will look after my children, O Muhammad?” Uqba cried with anguish. “Hell,” retorted the Prophet coldly. Then the sword of one of his followers cut through Uqba’s neck.

March 624: Amsa bint Marwan

In addition to the sources that recount these and other assassinations, the Quran also supports harsh punishments for mockers and insulters (Suras 3:186; 33:57; 33:59-61; and 9:61-63).

5. Muhammad commands death or the cutting off of hands and feet for fighting and corrupting the land.

5:33 Indeed, the punishment of those who fight Allah and His Messenger and who go around corrupting the land is to be killed, crucified, have their hands and feet cut off on opposite sides, or to be banished from the land. That is a disgrace for them in this life, and in the life to come theirs will be a terrible punishment. 34 Except for those who repent before you overpower them. Know, then, that Allah is All-Forgiving, Merciful. (Fakhry)

4. Muhammad aggressively attacks Meccan caravans.

A year or so after Muhammad’s Hijrah from Mecca to Medina in 622, he attacks Meccan caravans six times, and sent out a punitive expedition three-days away against an Arab tribe that stole some Medinan grazing camels (or cattle), totaling seven raids.

In the following Quranic passage, representing others (Suras 4:74, 9:111; 3:140-143), the Arabic word “jihad” (root is j-h-d) is the means or currency to trade in this life for the life to come in an economic bargain.

61:10 You who believe, shall I show you a bargain that will save you from painful punishment? 11 Have faith in God and His Messenger and struggle [j-h-d] for His cause with your possessions and your persons—that is better for you, if only you knew—12 and He will forgive your sins, admit you into Gardens graced with flowing streams, into pleasant dwellings in the Gardens of Eternity. That is the supreme triumph. (Haleem)

For an in-depth analysis of Islamic martyrdom and how Biblical martyrdom opposes it, link to this article. Christ’s “Martyrdom” on the cross opens the way to heaven so that the Christian does not have to die in a holy war to reach heaven.

2. Muhammad unjustly executes around 600 male Jews and enslaves the women and children.

The sentence: Death by decapitation for around 600 men (some Islamic sources say 900), and enslavement for the women and children (he took a beautiful Jewess as his own prize). Muhammad was wise enough to have six clans execute two Jews each in order to stop any blood-feuds. The rest of the executions were probably carried out by his fellow Emigrants from Mecca and lasted the whole night.

According to Maulana Muhammad Ali’s translation, the Prophet says in Sura 33:25-26 the following about the Battle of the Trench and his treatment of Qurayzah:

1. Muhammad launches his own Crusades.

In the following verse, Muhammad uses the Arabic word qital (root is q-t-l), which means warring, fighting, or killing:

9:29 Fight [q-t-l] those among the people of the Book [Christians] who do not believe in Allah and the Last Day, do not forbid what Allah and His Messenger have forbidden and do not profess the true religion, till they pay the poll-tax out of hand and submissively. (Fakhry)

The two most interesting clauses in this violent verse are (1) People of the Book (Christians in this verse late in Muhammad’s life) are to be attacked if they do not profess the true religion: Islam. This leaves the door wide open for terrorists today to attack and fight Christians because they do not adhere to Islam; (2) Christians must pay a tax for the “privilege” of living under the “protection” of Islam—submissively or in humiliation.

http://www.americanthinker.com/articles.php?article_id=4315

I do believe you've just listed the basis of S'haria law?

Yes, Islam is a religion of violence. I don't doubt this for a minute. Now, if someone can give me ONE REASON why Judaism is a religion of peace, I will give them a green jellybean. Or, for that matter, why Christianity is a religion of peace. Fact is, religion is just a nice-sounding cover for the real deal, which is race war.

Until you recognize that life on earth is basically race war going by any name but race war, you are just twiddling with tiddly winks.

William Joyce said:
Yes, Islam is a religion of violence. I don't doubt this for a minute. Now, if someone can give me ONE REASON why Judaism is a religion of peace, I will give them a green jellybean. Or, for that matter, why Christianity is a religion of peace. Fact is, religion is just a nice-sounding cover for the real deal, which is race war.

Until you recognize that life on earth is basically race war going by any name but race war, you are just twiddling with tiddly winks.

how do account for the tribal race wars before there was religion?

the russians had no religion yet waged war?

William Joyce
I will give them a green jellybean. Or, for that matter, why Christianity is a religion of peace. Fact is, religion is just a nice-sounding cover for the real deal, which is race war.

I think you are confusing those who practice religion warring against each other as opposed to the actual writings of Christianity. This was a long article so I shortened it, but the whole point was violence is written into the Islamic religion, where as it is not in Christianity, or Buddhism, etc. Within the article comparisons are made to this.

Bonnie said:
William Joyce

I think you are confusing those who practice religion warring against each other as opposed to the actual writings of Christianity. This was a long article so I shortened it, but the whole point was violence is written into the Islamic religion, where as it is not in Christianity, or Buddhism, etc. Within the article comparisons are made to this.

what about eye for an eye in christianity teachings?

Kathianne said:
I do believe you've just listed the basis of S'haria law?

The way this is written yes I wouldl think it is Sharia Law.....Which I believe comes directly from the Koran.

manu1959 said:
what about eye for an eye in christianity teachings?

38 "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth.' 39 But I say to you, Do not resist one who is evil. But if any one strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also; 40 and if any one would sue you and take your coat, let him have your cloak as well; 41 and if any one forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42 Give to him who begs from you, and do not refuse him who would borrow from you. 43 "You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' 44 But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

Mathew Chapter 5...........From the New Testament, Jesus seems to be clarifying that one.

Bah Hum Bug to all that crap about Islam, Buddhism, and Muslim being a religion!! If they are a religion any more than the KKK, I am an Aboriginie midwife. They are just hate groups and should be treated as such along with the ACLU.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Merlin said:
Bah Hum Bug to all that crap about Islam, Buddhism, and Muslim being a religion!! If they are a religion any more than the KKK, I am an Aboriginie midwife. They are just hate groups and should be treated as such along with the ACLU.

I hope your midwife career goes well. I know people in all of those "groups" (Buddhists, Islamics, and Muslims), and they're no more terroristic than you (I hope), or I am.

Don't paint everyone with the same brush.

Merlin said:
Bah Hum Bug to all that crap about Islam, Buddhism, and Muslim being a religion!! If they are a religion any more than the KKK, I am an Aboriginie midwife. They are just hate groups and should be treated as such along with the ACLU .

:clap: :rotflmao:

Forum List

Back