10 Politically Incorrect Truths

Most suicide bombers are Muslim
According to the Oxford University sociologist Diego Gambetta, editor of Making Sense of Suicide Missions, a comprehensive history of this troubling yet topical phenomenon, while suicide missions are not always religiously motivated, when religion is involved, it is always Muslim. Why is this?

Because the irish are smart enought to leave the bomb and et the hell outta there... :roll:

Brunettes >>>>>>>>> Blondes any day of the week.

The rest was pretty interesting, though #6 really didn't make much sense [to me, anyway].

Physical attractiveness, while a universally positive quality, contributes even more to women's reproductive success than to men's. The generalized hypothesis would therefore predict that physically attractive parents should have more daughters than sons. Once again, this is the case. Americans who are rated "very attractive" have a 56 percent chance of having a daughter for their first child, compared with 48 percent for everyone else.

Not sure how they come by these unusual statistics, but somewhere along the line, it seems it's been determined that "lookers" are more likely to have daughters than sons. Could that be why the female-to-male ratio is so unbalanced? <g>

Well, I dunno, from the long explanation in the link the claim they're making that makes little sense to me is that the wealthy are more likely to have sons while the poor are more likely to have daughters... They give some examples to back it up, but that clashes with the conventional knowledge of the phenomenon of female infanticide that occurs/occurred in many pre-industrial societies, or even today in some places, China and India for example, because daughters have to be fed clothed and educated but then they're 'given away'... they even have to give dowry away with the girl, and sons are generally viewed as a more valuable asset, especially to the poor, cuz they[re supposed to] 'work more' and be able to stay with the family and provide for the parents in old age, while women traditionally couldn't. So I dunno, it sounds kinda funny, and they even say something like "the biological explanation for this is kinda unclear." In China the 1-child policy is skewing the male-female ratio, and that's going to be a big problem pretty soon... Though then again, maybe the poor do "just happen" to have more daughters, but decide to 'keep' the sons. I dunno, I don't really know how it all works.

You see why I just skipped to the conclusion? LOL

Most suicide bombers are Muslim
According to the Oxford University sociologist Diego Gambetta, editor of Making Sense of Suicide Missions, a comprehensive history of this troubling yet topical phenomenon, while suicide missions are not always religiously motivated, when religion is involved, it is always Muslim. Why is this?

Because the irish are smart enought to leave the bomb and et the hell outta there... :roll:

Probably because they know there aren't any Irish virgins waiting for them.... :razz:

Forum List

Back