10% of Small Business Plan to Drop Coverage After Obaminationcare is Implemented!!!

Not "specific" but no less real.

ObamaCare empowers the government U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) to determine which preventive health services are medically appropriate. This is the same agency that aroused enormous controversy in 2009 when it proposed restricting screening mammograms to women over age 50 (and only every 2 years),despite the proven benefits of annual mammograms beginning at age 40.
The USPSTF aroused similar controversy by giving a “D” grade (“not recommended”) to routine PSA prostate cancer screening. Usually recommended for men over 50.

Similarly,private health insurance companies must cover for “free” all USPSTF “A” or “B” rated services, while abiding by government price controls. To reduce costs,many private insurers will likely drop coverage for “C” and “D” rated services. Hence under ObamaCare,the USPSTF guidelines will likely become the de facto standards for both government and private health insurance coverage.
ObamaCare includes various financial carrots and sticks to pressure doctors into joining large “Accountable Care Organizations” (ACOs). These ACOs will use mandatory electronic medical records to track how closely physicians adhere to government practice guidelines. Doctors who obey government practice guidelines will be rewarded. Those who order more tests or procedures than the government deems necessary will be penalized.
ACO physicians may thus be reluctant to recommend PSA screening even when the patient is willing to pay for it himself. Patients who test positive will require further downstream procedures such as prostate ultrasounds,MRI scans,or biopsies, which may count against the doctor’s ACO practice statistics. USPSTF guidelines could slowly erode many doctors’willingness to offer their best honest advice to their patients.

Decisions are still made by the insurance company. I don't see why you have such a fear of the evil gubmint while meekly submitting to the whims of your profit hungry insurance company

I like the freedom of deciding how to spend my own money and really don't want to spend it in tax penalties for insurance that I don't want or even qualify for it because I work. If I want something I pay cash.

Its your personal responsibility to buy health insurance.

Forum List

Back