10 Myths about atheists debunked

What atheists cannot account for is: Why do we exist? Where are we headed? How do we know?
They seem to enjoy ridiculing Christians in particular, but they offer nothing substantial to fill the void.

Actually, I prefer to ridicule the Easter bunny, more than Christmas, but, yes, Christmas is ridiculous, too (unless one is a retailer).
Money grubbers and the government are the ones that ruin both Christ-mass and Resurrection Sunday. They honor the dollar but scorn the Savior. I have never heard of one Politician push to end Christmas holiday pay for Federal Employees on account of a separation of Church and State (where is the ACLU here?), but they sure make it difficult to display a manger anywhere but in one's own home.

Well, the manger thing is important to maintain. I mean, if they start getting literal, they would have to change all those Christmas songs to exclude "manger, and replace it with "cave", or even "barn", which is not very poetic.

That is not the definition of an agnostic. In post #114 you claimed to be agnostic. I challenged your agnostic claim in post #122 because you only attacked the atheists. In post #139 I stated "Now I can't prove it but I believe you are a liar and you are not agnostic."

Thank you for verifying my claim.
1. a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.
2. a person who denies or doubts the possibility of ultimate knowledge in some area of study.

I believe I fit into those definitions because I don't believe in anyone's specific story of god... How does this make me a liar? I believe in what real evidence that we have and that is all. I've already explained in another thread that I belief a higher power created life. Atheists are the one claiming facts with nothing to back up their claims.
Every atheist I 've ever known has claimed not to know for a fact that god/gods is knowable. You believe in a god so you are not agnostic.
"Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims – especially metaphysical and religious claims such as whether or not God, the divine or the supernatural exist – are unknown and perhaps unknowable. In the popular sense of the term, an "agnostic", according to the philosopher William L. Rowe, is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of God, while a theist believes that God does exist and an atheist believes that God does not exist." You also claim you only believe in real evidence. Where is your real evidence that a higher power created life?
So I show you a dictionary definition of what I believe in and then you tell me what I actually believe? Good job. You know me better than myself. Stupid atheists are always like you. Maybe if you weren't such close minded fools I'd take your side sometimes.
From Merriam Webster

agnostic : a person who does not have a definite belief about whether God exists or not

From the Oxford dictionary
A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

You are not agnostic and you have no idea what the word means.
Once again. Keep proving the "myths" about atheists true. Know it alls that are blind and dumb. Look at the OP. I showed you my definitions from dictionary.com and that's the definition I'll choose to use. It's my belief you moron. One day you'll realize why most people don't like atheists.
You can tell when someone is losing the argument and doesn't have a leg to stand on. They start with the profanities and they plug their ears and cover their eyes. Merriam and Oxford are the most trusted and most respected dictionairies around. Look up the word theist. That is what you are. Nothing about me being a know it all but you keep arguing that you are not. How am I being close minded by showing you what the definition of agnostic is. If seeking and providing knowledge and facts is being close-minded then I'm guilty as charged.

Also you didn't answer my question pertaining to "Where is your real evidence that a higher power created life?"

or were you just blowing smoke?

Last edited:
What atheists cannot account for is: Why do we exist? Where are we headed? How do we know?
They seem to enjoy ridiculing Christians in particular, but they offer nothing substantial to fill the void.
These are silly philosophical questions that cannot be answered. Why not ask why do newts and jellyfish exist. Where are they headed? Do they think about jellyfish and newt gods? Does that fill in the void for you.

That is not the definition of an agnostic. In post #114 you claimed to be agnostic. I challenged your agnostic claim in post #122 because you only attacked the atheists. In post #139 I stated "Now I can't prove it but I believe you are a liar and you are not agnostic."

Thank you for verifying my claim.
1. a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.
2. a person who denies or doubts the possibility of ultimate knowledge in some area of study.

I believe I fit into those definitions because I don't believe in anyone's specific story of god... How does this make me a liar? I believe in what real evidence that we have and that is all. I've already explained in another thread that I belief a higher power created life. Atheists are the one claiming facts with nothing to back up their claims.
Every atheist I 've ever known has claimed not to know for a fact that god/gods is knowable. You believe in a god so you are not agnostic.
"Agnosticism is the view that the truth values of certain claims – especially metaphysical and religious claims such as whether or not God, the divine or the supernatural exist – are unknown and perhaps unknowable. In the popular sense of the term, an "agnostic", according to the philosopher William L. Rowe, is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of God, while a theist believes that God does exist and an atheist believes that God does not exist." You also claim you only believe in real evidence. Where is your real evidence that a higher power created life?
So I show you a dictionary definition of what I believe in and then you tell me what I actually believe? Good job. You know me better than myself. Stupid atheists are always like you. Maybe if you weren't such close minded fools I'd take your side sometimes.
From Merriam Webster

agnostic : a person who does not have a definite belief about whether God exists or not

A person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

You contribute to these numbers.
Did you know that in this poll agnostics were lumped in with atheists? Did you watch the video?

From Merriam Webster

Once again. Keep proving the "myths" about atheists true. Know it alls that are blind and dumb. Look at the OP. I showed you my definitions from dictionary.com and that's the definition I'll choose to use. It's my belief you moron. One day you'll realize why most people don't like atheists.
You can tell when someone is losiung the argument anmd doesn't have a leg to stand on. They start with the profanities and they plug their ears and cover their eyes. Merriam and Oxford are the most trusted and most respected dictionairies around. Look up the word theist. That is what you are. Nothing about me being a know it all but you keep arguing that you are not. How am I being close minded by showing you what the definition of agnostic is. If seeking and providing knowledge and facts is being close-minded then I'm guilty as charged.

Also you didn't answer my question pertaining to "Where is your real evidence that a higher power created life?"

or were you just blowing smioke?
I follow the definition of being agnostic because that is my belief but that doesn't mean I view it as an absolute in any way. Uncertainty is what defines the agnostic which I am. I don't think there is adequate evidence to view any of the views presented as fact. Once again you try to tell me what I am...
I never claimed to have any evidence? I'm saying it's just as probable as your view. Is that not being agnostic?
Also about using profanities... I use profanities half the time. It has nothing to do with anger or losing a battle.

From Merriam Webster

Did you know that in this poll agnostics were lumped in with atheists? Did you watch the video?

I watched it. At what time do they lump agnostics in? I just re watched it and didn't hear that part.

From Merriam Webster

I watched it. At what time do they lump agnostics in? I just re watched it and didn't hear that part.

I was reading the 2007 pew research poll. The 2015 poll only includes atheists although I cannot find the pdf version with the actual questions. I was asking you to watch the video because his comments were spot on.

Absolutely. Religious people have been working on their drama for years. I'd sure like to hear some atheist drama.

From Merriam Webster

I was reading the 2007 pew research poll. The 2015 poll only includes atheists although I cannot find the pdf version with the actual questions. I was asking you to watch the video because his comments were spot on.

Many of his comments are accurate. I was pointing out the fact that people would not be that way if most atheists did not act the way you do. It plays into the whole thing like cops wouldn't profile blacks if they didn't commit so much crime. Similar concept.

Forum List

Back