10 Greatest Albums of All-Time

Shooter

Semper Fi
Sep 1, 2010
Florida
List in no particular order what you think are the 10 greatest albums of all-time.

Feel free to critique those you find way out in left field for an all-time top ten list.

Led Zeppelin 4 - Led Zeppelin
Physical Graffiti - Led Zeppelin
Back In Black - AC/DC
A Love Supreme - John Coltrane
Are You Experienced - Jimi Hendrix
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
The Wall - Pink Floyd
Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan
King of the Delta Blues Singers - Robert Johnson

My favorite Miles Davis album is "Tribute to Jack Johnson" with "Right Off" being the best cut.

But yeah, Led Zep (Whom I saw at the L.A. Forum in 1977) Physical Graffiti is their best.

List in no particular order what you think are the 10 greatest albums of all-time.

Feel free to critique those you find way out in left field for an all-time top ten list.

Led Zeppelin 4 - Led Zeppelin
Back In Black - AC/DC
A Love Supreme - John Coltrane
Are You Experienced - Jimi Hendrix
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
The Wall - Pink Floyd
Kind of Blue - Miles Davis
Highway 61 Revisited - Bob Dylan
King of the Delta Blues Singers - Robert Johnson

But

But

But

There is no John Lee Hooker on your list! What kind of Top 10 Best anything to do with music does NOT have JLH? Ridiculous!

1. Wish you were here ~ Pink Floyd
2. Zepplin IV ~ Led Zepplin
3 Back in Black ~ AC/DC
4. Appetite for Destruction ~ Guns-n-Roses
5. Agents of Fortune ~ Blue Oyster Cult
6. Paranoid ~ Black Sabbath
7. Dark Side of the Moon ~ Pink Floyd
8. Who's Next ~ The Who
9. Zepplin II ~ Led Zepplin
10. Screaming for Vengeance ~ Judas Priest

Rock albums -
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Abbey Road - The Beatles
Animals - Pink Floyd
Let it Bleed - Rolling Stones
The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden
Holy Diver - Dio
Rust in Peace - Megadeth
Blizzard of Oz - Ozzy Osbourne
Sonic Brew -Black Label Society

Just a start.....

I'm not saying that this is my favorite album, but my parents played this album to death when I was a kid. I bet that over the years, they bought at least a dozen copies. It was reported that she was John F. Kennedy's favorite female singer. I'm more of a 60's and 70's acid rock fan. Of course, I was a teenager in California in the 60's. I just thought I would mention this album simply because of the aclaim. She was the Janis Joplin of the 30's and 40's.

Judy Garland Live At Carnegie Hall

Recorded live at her Carnegie Hall concert on April 23, 1961, is still considered by many to be the greatest night ever in the history of show business! This is one of the best-selling albums of all time. It was #1 in 1961, and won 5 Grammys. It ranked #9 for all of the 1960s - quite a feat considering the impact of rock music during that decade. As of 1990, it still ranked as the #29 all-time best-selling album. And - it's never been out of print!

Judy at Carnegie Hall (Recorded Live and Complete)

More great METAL Albums

Somewhere in Time - Iron Maiden
Mob Rules - Black Sabbath
And Justice for All - Metallica
Toxicity - System of a Down
Powerslave - Iron Maiden
Ace of Spades - Motorhead
Badmotorfinger - Soundgarden
Cowboys from Hell - Pantera
Appetite for Destruction - Guns and Roses
Master of Puppets - Metallica

I'm not saying that this is my favorite album, but my parents played this album to death when I was a kid. I bet that over the years, they bought at least a dozen copies. It was reported that she was John F. Kennedy's favorite female singer. I'm more of a 60's and 70's acid rock fan. Of course, I was a teenager in California in the 60's. I just thought I would mention this album simply because of the aclaim. She was the Janis Joplin of the 30's and 40's.

Recorded live at her Carnegie Hall concert on April 23, 1961, is still considered by many to be the greatest night ever in the history of show business! This is one of the best-selling albums of all time. It was #1 in 1961, and won 5 Grammys. It ranked #9 for all of the 1960s - quite a feat considering the impact of rock music during that decade. As of 1990, it still ranked as the #29 all-time best-selling album. And - it's never been out of print!

I hear you get a free purse with every order as well.....:lol:

I thought there would be more of those jokes by now.

Face it Rdean, any MAN who thinks Judy Garland has one of the TOP 10 ALBUMS of all time ....is a purse carrying fag. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just saying you're a fag. That's all. Not that that's wrong or anything... :razz:

PS : we all know that Bette Midler is probably your second choice.......:razz:

PPS: followed by Liza Minnelli.....

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive

Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison

Neil Diamond - Hot August Night

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions

The Clash - London Calling

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream and Other Delights

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - 10 Days Out: Blues from the Backroads

That's only eight, I'll have to do some thinking...

Face it Rdean, any MAN who thinks Judy Garland has one of the TOP 10 ALBUMS of all time ....is a purse carrying fag. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just saying you're a fag. That's all. Not that that's wrong or anything... :razz:

My parents would love to hear that.

Are these guys fags?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bpuoS-icGY[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a list in motion, but right now I'd say:

1. Black Sabbath - Volume 4
2. Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell
3. Iron Maiden - Powerslave
4. Pink Floyd - The Wall
5. Queen - A Night at the Opera
6. Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
7. Led Zeppelin - IV
8. King Crimson - In The Court of the Crimson King
9. Yes - Fragile
10. Black Sabbath - Headless Cross

1. A Passion Play - Jethro Tull
2. Moving Pictures - Rush
3. Songs from the Wood - Jethro Tull
4. Hold Your Fire - Rush
5. Thick as a Brick - Jethro Tull
6. 2112 - Rush
7. Aqualung - Jethro Tull
8. A Farewell to Kings - Rush
9. Crest of a Knave - Jethro Tull
10. Permanent Waves - Rush

Shut Up N Play Per Guitar -- Frank Zappa

The Helsinki Concert (aka: You Can't Do that on Stage Anymore, Vol II) -- Frank Zappa

Led Zep (this is really fucking hard because II, IV, Physical Graphitti and Houses of the Holy all make a list, can I do a box set?)

Made in Japan -- Deep Purple

Don Giovanni -- W A Mozart

Elis E Tom -- Tom Jobim & Elis Regina

A Great Noise - Marisa Monte

Rubber Soul -- The Beatles

10 -- Pearl Jam

Graceland -- Paul Simon

My parents would love to hear that.

Are these guys fags?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bpuoS-icGY]YouTube - judy garland, frank sinatra and dean martin[/ame]

no, just you.

Remember - they were PAID.....

Last edited:
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive

Johnny Cash - Johnny Cash at Folsom Prison

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Stevie Wonder - Innervisions

The Clash - London Calling

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream and Other Delights

Kenny Wayne Shepherd - 10 Days Out: Blues from the Backroads

That's only eight, I'll have to do some thinking...

hjmick has EXCELLENT taste in music.

Forum List

Back