10 good things about Conservatives.

Being a ME myself, I tend to agree. Lib engineers, while creative as hell, seem to lack the ability to get that creativity down on paper. They are more often tasked with managing software than projects and lack the basic knowledge that elegance lies in simplicity.
They're pretty good at writing manuals though, since they believe that everyone else is stupid.
If I were looking to hire a group of engineers, I'd set up a tent at a TEA Party rally where I could ensure I would find independent thinkers.

Errr, yeah, maybe if you're trying to engineer a new potato cannon. If you're trying to engineer something with moving parts, best to avoid the tea party.
Yup another elitist that has never attended a TEA Party rally but feels qualified to assess the people that attend. You must be so proud!

I know enough to tell you that a 'Tea Party' rally is not a place where talented engineers congregate.

The Republican Party was formed in 1854 by antislavery activists. Dwight David Eisenhower used his charisma and star power as Allied WWII Commander to nudge the Civil Rights Act of 1957. He was furious over the Little Rock School incident of 1954, probably because he pinned so many hero medals on black soldiers during WWII. He was a man of the people, and as a Republican myself, I'm very proud of the things he did to try to improve the quality of life for people who still weren't being treated equal. My parents loved him too.

And in the 1960's, confederate conservatives fled the Democratic Party and swelled the ranks of the Republican Party because of their hatred for blacks and civil rights. It wasn't that long ago. Consider around 1964 to 1968 as the "line". Before then, the Republican Party was Eisenhower's Party, after, became Goldwater's Party.
I'd like to see those statistics, rdean. Would you provide them please?

Why ask me? You can go right to "Conservapedia" and read all about it. You sit in front of the dam Internet. Why are right wingers so fucking lazy? Don't they want to know anything about their "kind"?

You can ask questions everywhere on the Internet and find some sites you "trust".

Democratic Party - Conservapedia

When did the Southern Democrats become the conservative Republicans and why?

When did the Southern Democrats become the conservative Republicans and why? - Yahoo! Answers

But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

Southern Strategy’ - New York Times

In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the late-20th century Republican Party strategy of winning elections in Southern states by exploiting anti-African American racism among Southern white voters and appealing to states' rights. Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery prior to the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats left the party following the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Errr, yeah, maybe if you're trying to engineer a new potato cannon. If you're trying to engineer something with moving parts, best to avoid the tea party.
Yup another elitist that has never attended a TEA Party rally but feels qualified to assess the people that attend. You must be so proud!

I know enough to tell you that a 'Tea Party' rally is not a place where talented engineers congregate.

I went to one in san jose, I can attest to the fact that there were plenty in attendance, in fact many....

And in the 1960's, confederate conservatives fled the Democratic Party and swelled the ranks of the Republican Party because of their hatred for blacks and civil rights. It wasn't that long ago. Consider around 1964 to 1968 as the "line". Before then, the Republican Party was Eisenhower's Party, after, became Goldwater's Party.
I'd like to see those statistics, rdean. Would you provide them please?

Why ask me? You can go right to "Conservapedia" and read all about it. You sit in front of the dam Internet. Why are right wingers so fucking lazy? Don't they want to know anything about their "kind"?

You can ask questions everywhere on the Internet and find some sites you "trust".

Democratic Party - Conservapedia

When did the Southern Democrats become the conservative Republicans and why?

When did the Southern Democrats become the conservative Republicans and why? - Yahoo! Answers

But in the 50s and 60s, Democrats embraced the civil rights movement, costing them the white Southern vote. Meanwhile, the Republican Party successfully wooed disaffected white racists with a “Southern strategy” that championed “states’ rights.”

Southern Strategy’ - New York Times

In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to the late-20th century Republican Party strategy of winning elections in Southern states by exploiting anti-African American racism among Southern white voters and appealing to states' rights. Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery prior to the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats left the party following the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
We're still believers in antislavery, rdean. The Republicans have never wavered. We believe in freedom and equality for all.

I'm glad you following our lead has got you someplace, but I draw the line at rewriting history to make us out to be hateful in any way to people of color. That's simply not in our hearts or souls, just the opposite. We know who we are and where we came from. Nothing will change who we are and what we believe.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back