10 Cloverfield Lane Review

Sgt_Gath

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2014
ChrisL

lLxCoWM.jpg

But honestly, that only really becomes important at the very end.

The point of the movie is basically that "monsters" can come in many forms. The vast majority of it is a rather tense and brooding psychological thriller for that exact reason.

You aren't really sure if the primary threat is the men in the bunker, or whatever's outside. You honestly don't even know if there even is anything outside until the very end.

I won't spoil too much, but I don't think this is actually a sequel to the "Cloverfield" giant monster movie of 2008. I still enjoyed it a great deal, however.

Overall: 7.5 out of 10

ChrisL

lLxCoWM.jpg

The point of the movie is basically that "monsters" can come in many forms. The vast majority of it is a rather tense and brooding psychological thriller for that exact reason.

You aren't really sure if the primary threat is the men in the bunker, or whatever's outside. You honestly don't even know if there even is anything outside until the very end.

I won't spoil too much, but I don't think this is actually a sequel to the "Cloverfield" giant monster movie of 2008. I still enjoyed it a great deal, however.

Thanks, Sgt! I kind of figured that John Goodman was a man who, even if he was telling the truth about what's going on outside, was "losing his mind," so the girl in the movie had to decide which was a bigger threat, him or whatever was happening on the outside. I will definitely check out this movie when I have the opportunity to do so.

Appreciate your review! :)

ChrisL

lLxCoWM.jpg

Thanks, Sgt! I kind of figured that John Goodman was a man who, even if he was telling the truth about what's going on outside, was "losing his mind," so the girl in the movie had to decide which was a bigger threat, him or whatever was happening on the outside. I will definitely check out this movie when I have the opportunity to do so.

No problem! :)

Yeah... He's actually really scary in this movie. Lol

ChrisL

lLxCoWM.jpg

No problem! :)

Yeah... He's actually really scary in this movie. Lol

Lol. He's a big scary dude. :D He's a really great actor.

Hard to imagine Goodman as scary. Ive read the movie has a lot of dark humor in it, which I always enjoy. Looking forward to seeing it.

Hard to imagine Goodman as scary. Ive read the movie has a lot of dark humor in it, which I always enjoy. Looking forward to seeing it.

I probably won't end up seeing it until it comes out On Demand or something. I rarely go to the movies to watch a movie. It's too expensive, and I prefer to be in the comfort of my own home when I watch a movie nowadays.

Forum List

Back