“10 and 2” Is No Longer the Right Way to Hold Your Steering Wheel

The accidents one can get into with one's vehicle are catagorized , the resultant injuries statistical of each, one's hand poisition on the wheel is low on the list of correlation = cuasitation variables....~S~

Oh hell....back in my early 20s, regrettably drugged-out days, when I used to do large amounts of liquid LSD, my car simply drove by itself! I'd lean my seat back, kick back and wave hi to all the people and UFO aliens I saw outside my car windows.

Sometimes, while tripping on acid, I'd try to drive by the reflectors in the middle of the road. But at some point the reflectors would start going up and down and sideways and around and around in several loops at a time. I'll be damned if I knew how I got home safely without crashing. Lots of times when I looked at the 5 gears on my stick shift, I remember I suddenly wanted to put it into R for "reality."

So yes, I freely admit my hands weren't and 10 and 2 on the steering wheel at the time because from my perception it was moving on its own.

Did you try the Labrador????

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh hell....back in my early 20s, regrettably drugged-out days, when I used to do large amounts of liquid LSD, my car simply drove by itself! I'd lean my seat back, kick back and wave hi to all the people and UFO aliens I saw outside my car windows.

Sometimes, while tripping on acid, I'd try to drive by the reflectors in the middle of the road. But at some point the reflectors would start going up and down and sideways and around and around in several loops at a time. I'll be damned if I knew how I got home safely without crashing. Lots of times when I looked at the 5 gears on my stick shift, I remember I suddenly wanted to put it into R for "reality."

So yes, I freely admit my hands weren't and 10 and 2 on the steering wheel at the time because from my perception it was moving on its own.

Did you try the Labrador????

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm afraid not, but given Cheech & Chong's drugged-out driving/general living experiences, I'm sure I could have picked up some helpful tips from them.

aiovuylo8l4gmd991afl.jpg

Surprise you?

Think about it. What happens when you get into a crash?

Blame airbags, says NBC News, in a 2012 report that recently resurfaced on MetaFilter. They’re designed to protect your head and chest in a crash. But if your arms are too high up on the steering wheel, the deploying airbag can smash them into your face, causing injury. The chemical reaction that inflates the airbag can also injure your hands, sometimes requiring amputation.

Instead, put your hands at opposite sides of the wheel: “9 and 3.” An AAA representative tells NBC News that this position is also more ergonomic in general, giving the driver better control of the car.

Lastly, when you turn the wheel, don’t do the old hand-over-hand maneuver, crossing your arms over in front of the wheel. Just pull down with one hand and up with the other, keeping both on the wheel.

Get with the times: You’re driving all wrong | NBC News

From https://lifehacker.com/the-way-you-hold-your-steering-wheel-could-seriously-in-1830984310

We need a law!!!

Cell phone use has been banned while driving. Problem solved. Just like gun control.
Cell phones don’t kill people...guns kill people

Guns don't kill people... bullets kill people.
Bullets don't kill people, the holes they leave do.

The holes bullets leave don't kill people, the loss of all the blood pouring out of them does.
Blood loss doesn't kill people, it's the lack of oxygen to the brain that kills people.

Lack of oxygen to the brain doesn't kill people; the brain's resultant inability to send the autonomic command to pump the heart kills people.

Cell phone use has been banned while driving. Problem solved. Just like gun control.
Cell phones don’t kill people...guns kill people

Guns don't kill people... bullets kill people.
Bullets don't kill people, the holes they leave do.

The holes bullets leave don't kill people, the loss of all the blood pouring out of them does.
Blood loss doesn't kill people, it's the lack of oxygen to the brain that kills people.

For a lot of posters on here, it only limits their ability to contemplate truths and accept facts!

Forum List

Back