$10,400,000 For Garbage

Thankfully, I do not run in such artistic circles. :poop:

John McEnroe sells Charles Manson-inspired painting for $10.4M
Modern art is an attack upon civilization in my view.

Reminds me of when a woman won the Laguna Arts festival painting contest only to then say her 2 year old daughter did it, ah ah on you.

Or the sidewalk statues in Germany. Garbage crews thought they were part of the trash pick up and took them all to the landfill.

An attack on civilization? I have seen plenty of art that I think is garbage, but an attack on civilization?
A civilizations art is a window into its soul.
The crap being passed off as art the last 5 decades is a corruption of our society.

It is not even close to the majority of art produced. Yes, there are some fringe elements. But that does not really do much to society.
The fact modern "art" even exists, let alone how it is pushed into public view by the left is an assault upon society.

With all due respect- do you expect no more art to be created? The last Supper was modern art the day it was completed.

"Serious art is where difficult, complex questions get made urgent and human and real; and the political climate in the USA right now is so ugly, unreflective, selfish, jingoistic, and materialistic that serious art has probably never been needed more." David Foster Wallace

Just another circle jerk of right wingers hating, this time art is their target. What a bunch of snowflakes. I wonder if they liked Trump's portrait paid for by his dishonest foundation. Trump sure knows how to play his fans. Follow along boys and girls. LOL

This is the portrait of Donald Trump that his charity bought for $20,000

"Serious art is where difficult, complex questions get made urgent and human and real; and the political climate in the USA right now is so ugly, unreflective, selfish, jingoistic, and materialistic that serious art has probably never been needed more." David Foster Wallace

Just another circle jerk of right wingers hating, this time art is their target. What a bunch of snowflakes. I wonder if they liked Trump's portrait paid for by his dishonest foundation. Trump sure knows how to play his fans. Follow along boys and girls. LOL

This is the portrait of Donald Trump that his charity bought for $20,000

$20,000 for charity is a far cry from $10,400,000 to hang on a wall.

Some local "art" paid for by John Q. Public:

$200K:
okeanos.jpg
Impressing. What is this supposed to be and what kind of "art" is this ?
/----/ In about 100 years ask your great grand kids. They will probably pay a hefty price to see it in a museum.

Modern art is an attack upon civilization in my view.

Reminds me of when a woman won the Laguna Arts festival painting contest only to then say her 2 year old daughter did it, ah ah on you.

Or the sidewalk statues in Germany. Garbage crews thought they were part of the trash pick up and took them all to the landfill.

An attack on civilization? I have seen plenty of art that I think is garbage, but an attack on civilization?
The crap being passed off as art the last 5 decades is a corruption of our society.

It is not even close to the majority of art produced. Yes, there are some fringe elements. But that does not really do much to society.
The fact modern "art" even exists, let alone how it is pushed into public view by the left is an assault upon society.

With all due respect- do you expect no more art to be created? The last Supper was modern art the day it was completed.
Please learn what modern art is.
And it's not because it was created in your lifetime.

You missed my point weatherboy. Many artist are not recognized as great until many years after their death, generations later. The cliche “starving artist” is a cliche for a reason.

You missed my point weatherboy. Many artist are not recognized as great until many years after their death, generations later. The cliche “starving artist” is a cliche for a reason.
And you missed my point. Art has to be involving some talent that at least 5 people on the planet lack first.

Some local "art" paid for by John Q. Public:

$200K:
okeanos.jpg

$339K:
carlsbad%201.jpg

The funny thing with "The Bars" is due to a California law they had to pay the "artist" a $123,000 bribe to allow them to finally remove them.

Suppose these art pieces had not been paid for by taxes. Do you think you would have paid less in taxes?
Nope...not one red cent. The fact that tax dollars are going toward art is an abuse of the commons.

Forum List

Back