10:06 am reagan's educational speech on c-span

He pushed his tax cuts for the rich to the school kids.

Talk about a bad actor.:lol:

The Reagan Boom faded when the Dems lied their way into Congress in 06 and officially ended Nov 08 when Americans were duped into electing a Statist.

Hope you're proud

Why should the rich pay a larger % of the taxes?

the rich pay a larger % of the INCOME taxes, but the working class pays a higher percentage of the PAYROLL taxes than the wealthiest,

the working class also pays a higher percentage of their incomes in gas taxes, in cigarette taxes, in liquor taxes, and in corporate taxes when you figure the corporation just puts their taxes in to the price of the product that the masses buy/pay for.....sheer individual numbers in the working class assures that they are paying the highest percentage in those taxes collected....

to ONLY consider federal income taxes, and NOT all other taxes collected to pay for our yearly federal budget is disingenuous imo!

care

the rich pay a larger % of the INCOME taxes, but the working class pays a higher percentage of the PAYROLL taxes than the wealthiest,

the working class also pays a higher percentage of their incomes in gas taxes, in cigarette taxes, in liquor taxes, and in corporate taxes when you figure the corporation just puts their taxes in to the price of the product that the masses buy/pay for.....sheer individual numbers in the working class assures that they are paying the highest percentage in those taxes collected....

to ONLY consider federal income taxes, and NOT all other taxes collected to pay for our yearly federal budget is disingenuous imo!

care

So you're for tax cuts?

care
Apples and submarines, when we're talking about marginal income tax rate cuts.

But hey, I'm all for cutting the FICA tax and the idiotic tobacco taxes that just got slapped on to support that abortion of an SCHIP program....Just to help out the vaunted "little guy".

Last edited:

care

You're right - we need across the board tax cuts combined with significant spending cuts.

Well done!

care

But hey, I'm all for cutting the FICA tax and the idiotic tobacco taxes that just got slapped on to support that abortion of an SCHIP program....Just to help out the vaunted "little guy".

YOU CAN'T leave these taxes out when you are speaking about the budget and budget deficits....these revenues collected help pay for the spending of congress, just like income taxes do....

to take ONLY one of the taxes collected, that don't even pay a third of our budget spending is disingenuous, to say the least! Especially when hundreds of billions of social security surplus taxes are paying for what income taxes are suppose to pay....so the working class IS PAYING MUCH MORE than just counting income taxes gives credit for...simple as that...

This is why I ignore the complaints of those JUST looking at INCOME TAXES ALONE, because taking income taxes alone, while speaking about the budget and spending, is apples vs oranges and NOT Apples to Apples.

care

I don't care about the % of sales taxes we pay for products and I don't care about the percentage based on anyone's income. Except to say most sales taxes are too high and I would like to see them reduced. But why should person A pay 15% of their income as income taxes and person B pay 30% of their income? It's just a simple question and if you asked it of a 5-year-old they would tell you that it's not fair. I agree. Bring on the Fair Tax.

If we go to a restaurant, I order a steak and you order a salad, why should we split the check the down the middle when the bill comes? Personally, I'd say it would be dumb to do so, but you clearly don't think so.

If we go to a restaurant, I order a steak and you order a salad, why should we split the check the down the middle when the bill comes? Personally, I'd say it would be dumb to do so, but you clearly don't think so.
No disrespect to you sir, but, your example is stupid. I say in your example we each pay our own way.

How about this: I make $5 and the gov doesn't take any of my money but you make $10 and the gov takes $1 of your money. Is that fair to me or you?

I'm speaking of income tax which punishes me (moves me into a higher bracket) just because I better myself and begin making more money. Achievers should be rewarded, deadbeat losers should be punished. Or leave both alone.

care

YOU CAN'T leave these taxes out when you are speaking about the budget and budget deficits....these revenues collected help pay for the spending of congress, just like income taxes do....

to take ONLY one of the taxes collected, that don't even pay a third of our budget spending is disingenuous, to say the least! Especially when hundreds of billions of social security surplus taxes are paying for what income taxes are suppose to pay....so the working class IS PAYING MUCH MORE than just counting income taxes gives credit for...simple as that...

This is why I ignore the complaints of those JUST looking at INCOME TAXES ALONE, because taking income taxes alone, while speaking about the budget and spending, is apples vs oranges and NOT Apples to Apples.

care
No sale here.

You don't get to carp about those other taxes being high while simultaneously raising them higher, then whine about "tax cuts for the wealthy".

You want to complain about regressive taxation, then move to lower them across the board, rather than cherry picking one of the very few times taxes get cut, no matter how infinitesimally.

No disrespect to you sir, but, your example is stupid. I say in your example we each pay our own way.

How about this: I make $5 and the gov doesn't take any of my money but you make $10 and the gov takes $1 of your money. Is that fair to me or you?

I'm speaking of income tax which punishes me (moves me into a higher bracket) just because I better myself and begin making more money. Achievers should be rewarded, deadbeat losers should be punished. Or leave both alone.

That's moronic. You could tax the poor at a higher rate (o wait, that's what already happens, since the mechanisms the wealthy use to make money are taxed at lower rates and since they don't consume as much, their income is shielded from sales tax), but that wouldn't be an effective revenue source.

Forum List

Back