+1

Ragnar

<--- Pic is not me
Jan 23, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
Far as I know, there are still five House Seats undecided. Of those, Republicans lead in four but are not "beyond the margin of lawyer" to quote one Mr. Mark Steyn. That makes 240 total Republican seats. (so far)

Bean Concedes to Walsh | NBC Chicago

Republicans get to add another red seat to Congress.

Following the completion of ballot counting, Democratic Rep. Melissa Bean on Tuesday night called her Republican challenger, Joe Walsh, and conceded the race for Illinois' 8th Congressional District.

Roughly 300 votes separated the two candidates.

In a statement, Walsh congratulated Bean on the "vigorous" campaign and thanked her for her six years of public service.

"We can turn all of our energies to advancing the legislative agenda the people of the 8th District have told me to pursue: more responsive government, less borrowing against our children's future, and a common sense approach to deal with the economic challenges facing our country," he said, adding that he'll be back in Illinois soon to "personally thank all those who worked to hard to send me to Congress."

The NYT's has the ol' election map still going but it's not updated with the news from the Illinois 8th.

Forum List

Back