#1 Patriotic Movie

It depends on wherther your talking about patriotism in general or American patriotism.

If you mean in general then Braveheart is, in my opinion, by far the most patriotic movie I have ever seen.

As far as American patriotism is concerned, there are probably hundreds if not thousands of movies on my list. Many of the movies filmed a few years before, during and a few years after WW2, were extemely patriotic.

Windtalkers the book (IMO not a very good movie) is a great example of American patriotism.

Patriotism be damned. In combat it all comes down to whos watching your back, whos back are you watching. The small fireteam dug in a foxhole during a shootout is NOT thinking about baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and chevrolet....they're thinking about how to survive intact and how best to do it with the 'brother in arms' they have with them. Therefore, the best 'patriotic' movie is more of a movie about what we do for that one individual soldier and thats 'Bat 21'. :p:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
Patriotism be damned. In combat it all comes down to whos watching your back, whos back are you watching. The small fireteam dug in a foxhole during a shootout is NOT thinking about baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, and chevrolet....they're thinking about how to survive intact and how best to do it with the 'brother in arms' they have with them. Therefore, the best 'patriotic' movie is more of a movie about what we do for that one individual soldier and thats 'Bat 21'. :p:

Have you seen "We Were Soldiers"?. The movie was ok, but the book was excellent - I cried a lot reading it.

Originally posted by Said1
Have you seen "We Were Soldiers"?. The movie was ok, but the book was excellent - I cried a lot reading it.

haven't read the book, but I bought the DVD for it. I watch it probably twice a month. Its a beautiful movie.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
haven't read the book, but I bought the DVD for it. I watch it probably twice a month. Its a beautiful movie.

If you find yourself in a book store - get it. Some things just can't be be said on film. It has to be one of the best books I've read in a long, long time. If I can ever find the time, I want to re-read it.

Forum List

Back