1 Ohio school, 4 bullied teens dead by own hand

I think suing the school district is the best option.

We tax payers shouldn't have to foot the bill, sue the bullies parent and the bully

Maybe then sue the school officials individually who didn't take action.

If the parents had complained about what was occurring on school grounds, and the school didn't take proper action, then the school bears responsibility. And, it sounds as if there is also a cover up happening with the lost computer files. I find it hard to believe the school doesn't back up its files.

Yeah, let's automatically put it on the schools and not the parents and the kids who actually do the bullying.....again.

I agree. It is the total responsibility of the parents of bullies. Not the schools. In this case the bullying was not only happening at school but on private bully time. Schools are responsible for what happens on school grounds. Parents are responsible for their children and their actions 24/7/365

No, it is not the best option. It is up to parents to be parent, since some parents obviously parent their children to be bullies...the bullied childrens parents have to be more vigilent and prove to their child that they have an ally, in them.

No, it is not the best option. It is up to parents to be parent, since some parents obviously parent their children to be bullies...the bullied childrens parents have to be more vigilent and prove to their child that they have an ally, in them.

Yes and no.

Personally I feel parents should be held criminally responsible for the actions of their minor children. However , schools shoulder some of the blame as well. Schools have a responsibility to foster an atmosphere which teaches children to get along, or at least to deal with, other children. They also have a responsibility to remove children who can't or won't conform.

Bullying has always been a problem...but now a days it is worse because one can be cyberbullied, which means that your bullying is able to be viewed worldwide.

And kinda hard to get punched in the face thru a computer.
A VERY cowardly way to bully.

Maybe schools and neighborhoods are too big these days. It used to be that everybody knew everybody, they knew the parents they knew where the kids lived, things were solved between the parents and kids and to heck with the schools. Now the schools refuse to tell you the name of the kids doing the bullying and you have no alternative. My son, low functioning autism, bit a little girl in second grade. When I found out, that they took her to the emergency room, I wanted to pay the bill. The school wouldn't tell me the name of the little girl or the parents. How could I apologize? How could I make my son apologize?

I didnt read the link, but I think we are raising a generation of whimps.

Is it really worth taking your OWN life? Doubtful....but very sad.

As for the bllies now a days.... they are more brash and bold, and I blame bad parenting and tv (which again falls on parenting).
Look at all the tv shows glorifying bad behavoir out there....

Maybe its a societal thing too... we all need to shame bad behavior, not laugh at it.

Just my .02 (maybe thats all its worth too) :confused:

Bullies should be beaten to a pulp by those they bully.

There's actually an MTV show where people can watch their bullies get into a fight (and usually lose) against a Mixed Martial Artist. If the bully survives long enough they get cash. I'd imagine it'd be fun to watch for the bullied.

It's up to the schools to maintain order and make sure kids aren't being harassed there. I remember when I was in grade school, my schools did essentially nothing to help me deal with bullies. So fuck em, let them get sued.

It's up to the schools to maintain order and make sure kids aren't being harassed there. I remember when I was in grade school, my schools did essentially nothing to help me deal with bullies. So fuck em, let them get sued.

Don't know how old you are, but back when I was a kid, bullying wasn't the big deal it is now. It didn't carry over into after school, there was no online, and for the most part we never heard of a kid going crazy b/c he was bullied. We had pickups with guns in them in the parking lot and no one who I know of ever thought about going and getting one and using it on bullies. Today is just another level and schools have to have a zero tolerance policy.

Don't know how old you are, but back when I was a kid, bullying wasn't the big deal it is now. It didn't carry over into after school, there was no online, and for the most part we never heard of a kid going crazy b/c he was bullied. We had pickups with guns in them in the parking lot and no one who I know of ever thought about going and getting one and using it on bullies. Today is just another level and schools have to have a zero tolerance policy.

No, not a zero tolerance policy, those are just ...stupid, as they force schools to impose harsh punishments no matter what the situation.

What needs to happen is for them to take the issue seriously or at least recognize when bullying crosses a certain line and then intervene.

No, not a zero tolerance policy, those are just ...stupid, as they force schools to impose harsh punishments no matter what the situation.

What needs to happen is for them to take the issue seriously or at least recognize when bullying crosses a certain line and then intervene.

Nope, we have a ZERO policy. If you bully you're expelled, the end.

Forum List

Back