1% of all american citizens are in jail

Throw in all the people still in the criminal justice system on parole and so faorth and I'll bet the number is more like 5%.

We've devolped a sweet little police state here, haven't we?

Hi Mr. Sauerkraut:

Hi,

i´ve read this in an online article. And that many states pay more for prisons then for universities. What do you think about that?

The Clinton/Bush/Obama Administrations let 20 Million Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals run around loose everywhere stealing JOBS from Americans, then the judge throws them in jail for not paying child support (story). The judges know full well that Americans are losing JOBS to Illegal Aliens, NAFTA offshoring of the manufacturing base, 23 Guest Worker Programs and Job Outsourcing Overseas, but they throw Americans into their Debtor Prisons anyway ...

GL,

Terral

1% of all american citizens are in jail
i´ve read this in an online article. And that many states pay more for prisons then for universities. What do you think about that?
Maybe 1% of all Americans shouldn't be committing crimes.

Greta: He knocked over another ATM. This time at knife point. He needs your legal advice.
Fletcher: [picking up phone and shouting] Stop breaking the law, asshole!

Liar Liar

Hi Mr. Sauerkraut:

Hi,

The Clinton/Bush/Obama Administrations let 20 Million Illegal Alien Foreign Nationals run around loose everywhere stealing JOBS from Americans, then the judge throws them in jail for not paying child support (story). The judges know full well that Americans are losing JOBS to Illegal Aliens, NAFTA offshoring of the manufacturing base, 23 Guest Worker Programs and Job Outsourcing Overseas, but they throw Americans into their Debtor Prisons anyway ...

GL,

Terral

1. there are no debtors' prisons in this country.
2. if someone goes to jail for non-payment of child support, it is for contempt -- violation of court orders... not the financial debt. and there are a million things that occur before someone goes to jail -- like their pay being garnished. so perhaps you might want to provide some proof of your assertion and the numbers of "americans being thrown into debtors prison... which is, obviously, a lie.. (see 1 above).
3. tell the 1% folk not to commit crimes.
4. *shrug*

Last edited:
Hi,

Lets ban all jails and prisons. Hell we don't need no stinking laws, let every criminal free.

Sorry to break it to you but the Government exists to protect us from each other more then it exists to provide colleges.

i just found this

Prisoners on 100.000 inhabitants
  1. USA **737 auf
  2. Poland**237
  3. Mexiko **197
  4. Czech **183
  5. Luxemburg **167
  6. Hungaria **156
  7. UK **147
  8. Spain **145
  9. Netherlands **128
  10. Portugal **120
  11. Austria **105
  12. Italy **104
  13. Germany **94
  14. Belgium **91
  15. Greek **90
  16. France **85
  17. Sweden**82
  18. Denmark**77
  19. Finnland **75
  20. Japan **62

source (sry in german)

Hi,

I think that 1% are where they should be.

You clearly don't know much about our Educational system. I would suggest that you make yourself familiar with how our system works before you bitch about it.

Hi,

You clearly don't know much about our Educational system. I would suggest that you make yourself familiar with how our system works before you bitch about it.

If the usa are jailing three times more than any other western, free, civilizated country, would you really say that this system works? No other country has this evil three strikes law, in which a man could get life for a stolen pizza. Or what´s with this "you do adult crime, you sit adult time" justice? Or with cases like this?

This statistics and this many freak laws are making me wonder how they could come together with your "claim of freedom". If this is the "american way of life "i ´ll tell you "no thanks".

And education system: In Germany you can make your studies on any public university (which are highly accepted) with nearly 2000$ of fee and year. And this includes a free bus/tram/railway ticket.

All this could be totally equal to me, if the usa wouldn´t have this "world leading" claim.

Hi,

If the usa are jailing three times more than any other western, free, civilizated country, would you really say that this system works? No other country has this evil three strikes law, in which a man could get life for a stolen pizza. Or what´s with this "you do adult crime, you sit adult time" justice? Or with cases like this?

This statistics and this many freak laws are making me wonder how they could come together with your "claim of freedom". If this is the "american way of life "i ´ll tell you "no thanks".

And education system: In Germany you can make your studies on any public university (which are highly accepted) with nearly 2000$ of fee and year. And this includes a free bus/tram/railway ticket.

All this could be totally equal to me, if the usa wouldn´t have this "world leading" claim.

On the bright side.... we haven't gassed 6 million innocent people, just because of their religion.

Oh shucks, too many people in jail? do you mind if we send them all over to Germany than?

hmmm

why not? We send our unruly teenagers to russia (no kidding). This would be fair.

sorry, google-translated german!

The Gulag as therapy

By Matthias Schepp

Away from the campaign bluster in Hesse the maladjusted Florian was in Siberia, perhaps a new beginning. He would like to stay even.

The wooden houses with their finely carved wooden window shutters cower in the taiga, as if to hide from the north wind. 3300 km separating the village from Russia's westernmost city of Kaliningrad, 4300 from the Pacific coast. Surrounded by birch forests Sedelnikowo lies almost in the center of Vladimir Putin's vast empire - and yet so far to the sidelines.

Seven hours, the bus trundles down to the nearest big city. In the past week, but it has managed the place with its 5,500 inhabitants to the news of the state television.

Tabloid reporter from the capital moved to other on the phone from Moscow after enduring such Sedelnikowo that the Director of the School Number 2 unnerved by a "siege" said. The radio station Echo of Moscow sneered: "Maybe we can increase our foreign exchange reserves even further, by including criminals from all over the world."

The excitement had to do with a man, whose name in Sedelnikowo not even the head of the village administration knows: with Roland Koch. By proposals to strengthen the juvenile justice system, the Hessian Minister President had wanted to bring his campaign going. "It is evidently different," exulted "image" in mid-January, "young people from Hesse banned to Siberia." For a maladjusted, who was from parent and carers become palpable, the Central People's Journal for the cooking soul Siberia had identified as an appropriate maximum penalty.

To Siberia, for poets Maxim Gorki "a land of chains and ice", the last Tsar had banned the revolutionary leader Lenin. In Siberia, lost hundreds of thousands of German prisoners of Hitler's war of aggression. In the Gulag, that of dictator Josef Stalin set up camp system, was the survival of many opposition activists sentenced to forced labor, intellectuals and criminals less than two years. Sun Siberia was the epitome of cruel retaliation.

"It's wonderful here. I want to stay still," says the young German, so here during the long break something in the school canteen of Sedelnikowo sits. This is surprising, "Siberia-Dennis washed T-Shirts at minus 55 degrees," had "Image" from the warmth of the local editorial office reported.

Actually means "Siberia-Dennis" Florian, and it was this year Sedelnikowo never colder than minus 30 degrees. The monosyllabic teenagers with the brown and blond hair is not a punishment here, but the therapy - to "re-education", as saying his classmates. A "low-stimulus environment," said Stefan Becker, Youth Councillor casting of the district, will help the 16-year-olds get to aggressiveness and attention deficit disorder under control.

To the west of the town: the river Irtysh. This sink in spring and autumn always cars reckless driver in the ice. extend the east, swamps, in the north, the taiga, a land mass is so great that Anton Chekhov wrote of Siberia, "Where does it end, only know the migratory birds."

Who from the south, arriving from the 300 million kilometers from city of Omsk, in Sedelnikowo, seen as the first modern gas station with a 24-hour convenience store - it would not be out in casting. On the outskirts neat three-story buildings rise up from brick. A church with golden domes has just been completed, soon will open a hospital. Almost every resident has a mobile phone, many households afford is satellite television, the Internet is already here: The economic boom has reached even places like Sedelnikowo.

Florian came before beginning his new life as a trip to the 19th Century. He lives in a wooden house that stands in the road of the industry. " There are in Sedelnikowo virtually no industry. But even the existing collective farms might fold - because of the icy climate, they can no longer compete with agriculture products from Russia's south.

"When we arrived here, had to Florian dressing his own place to live," says William Brant, a German Russia, which has used the youth welfare office as a supervisor. Florian mowed the grass in the garden overgrown and was proud as he for the first time in his life struck a nail into the wood. He repaired the fence and dug a pit for the outhouse. Supervisor Brant, a giant with blue eyes, his iron will and great heart, had given him three days time. Florian made it to one.

If he wants it hot, it must fire in the stove with wood. When he washes his clothes, he brings water from the pump into the alley next door. Every morning he runs a half miles to school. "Exactly 22 minutes," he says. He is never late, and tell his teacher that she had to admonish rare. The German has learned a few Russian words, but understands little. "In math I can follow, but those are further here than in our home," he explains. Only in German, he is naturally the best.

Should now become even a paragon of the problem child in Siberia? "He has indeed made great progress," says his supervisor. And classmate Lilia said: "Florian is already the 43rd We like the children from Germany, for us is not important, what they were hired over there." They have learned a lot about Germany, perhaps you can even later study there.

It is not always as good as Florian. Once stole two German teenagers the service of the Volga village superiors, and some who were previously on heroin, gave themselves excessively in Sedelnikowo out the vodka. That reinforces a small minority in the village, believing that one had "even enough problems" and could do without the German hooligans.

But for the people of the maladjusted Sedelnikowo the link to the outside, to the big wide world. Hundreds of residents have their homes in the past two decades turned their backs. "Before the mid-nineties were the first Germans, we had never seen foreigners," says Vladimir Jerochin, chief editor of the local newspaper "The hard-working Siberians.

The cooperation with the Thuringian "Path to Life, the organization that maladjusted juveniles Sedelnikowo sent, the taiga village has suddenly gives the connection to globalization. German scouts came to summer camp, children and young people from Siberia visited Germany.

Florian uses his free time to write a book. Seventy pages he has already put on paper: He is the hero, in a war of galactic star he saves from destruction. In two weeks he will return to Germany with his supervisor - not after casting, but others in a place. He now wants to create even the secondary school certificates.

As a tough penalty instead Kuschel education "had" picture "called the stay. With the penalties but it seems to be not so bad in Sedelnikowo. "The most I'll miss my Russian school," said Florian, "here everything is so organized and disciplined."

For the 700 children in Sedelnikowo is available recreational facilities, to keep up with the few German villages. The association "Viktoria" offers ice hockey and biathlon, the House of Culture there are two dozen workshops and dance lessons. And in the school ranging offers of up to acting classes and knitting. "All are somehow more ambitious here," said Florian, more than half the students create it later to a college or university.

Perhaps this would have been unfit as campaign ammunition in Hesse - at least for the opposition. With a headline like "shame Siberian better schools than German!." Matthias Schepp

On the bright side.... we haven't gassed 6 million innocent people, just because of their religion.

oh come on, not this old record. What happened 30 years before my birth can´t be in my guilt anymore. And by the way, the sadest thing about the holocaust is that they died for nothing: after the WW2 the us startet over 50 wars or military operations with millions of dead civilians, including 2 million killed in the vietnam war. Has mankind, or even YOU learned anything about the holocaust? But lets discuss this in another thread.

If you really want to take in the felons here in the US be my guest!

How would you explain this high numbers of criminals in your country?

Americans are a more violent people I guess, I really don't know, either that or stricter laws that throw people in prison. Alot of people are in prison here for drug offenses as well.

puh, that´s another thing. I´ve seen today a report from a bordertown at the us/mexican border. Is it really this worse? 5-10 murders per day?

Forum List

Back