1 million Ohioans using free phone program

Just another Maobama tax on the middle class, used to buy votes. This shit has got to stop, I'm sending the link to my congressman.

This was so predicatable. Obama has a history of knocking opponents out of the race rather than debating on issues. That is even more true now that he has a dismal record.

He knows that to excite his base he needs to offer them something for nothing. The good old tax payers get sent the bill and his supporters are happy.

Many Obama supporters are enjoying their free housing, food, utilities and phone and they are expecting more if he gets re-elected. They lined up not long ago by the thousands, believing they were going to get a big chunk of the stimulus money. They thought the money was coming from Obama's stash of money that he took from the rich people. Of course, it came from the hard working middle class and we have to hope our children and grandchildren work because they will owe a huge debt to the takers before they come into this world. Isn't it up to about $140,000 for each of us to cover the current debt?

If you say something completely outrageous, like instead of us working and sending a chunk of our paychecks to Obama, who uses some to pay bureaucrats and sends the rest on to his supporters, why don't his supporters just get a job and skip the middle man, then we are deemed as greedy.

If those supporters are able-bodied, they need to pull their act together and finish school, learn some skills and join the rest of us in carrying the heavy burden created by government.

Last edited:
Wow...that Obama is brilliant..."buying" votes with a program that's been around for 25 years. :rolleyes:

Not for cell phones. I can see giving someone a land line but not a cell phone . That is a luxury not a necessity

And all they need is any cell phone that has a charge to call 911 .. You dont know have to have plan or any minutes on that phone so you cant make that excuse. I am sure people know other people who gets new phones all the time. Just ask them for their old phone..

Last edited:
Wow...that Obama is brilliant..."buying" votes with a program that's been around for 25 years. :rolleyes:

Not for cell phones. I can see giving someone a land line but not a cell phone . That is a luxury not a necessity

And all they need is any cell phone that has a charge to call 911 .. You dont know have to have plan or any minutes on that phone so you cant make that excuse. I am sure people know other people who gets new phones all the time. Just ask them for their old phone..

You're right...St. Ronnies program didn't include cellular phones...Bush's did.

I sure see a hole of lot more ADs for the free phone in the past 4 years then I ever did with Bush

I sure see a hole of lot more ADs for the free phone in the past 4 years then I ever did with Bush

No, you notice them a WHOLE lot more because you hate the President with the heat of 1,000 white hot suns. It's still the same program started under Reagan and expanded under Bush. Now, under President Obama, the program has been targeted for waste, fraud and abuse. Look for yourself. Lifeline Program for Low-Income Consumers | FCC.gov

Last edited:
Newsflash for the ODS sufferers...The Lifeline Program was put in place under St. Reagan. Under President Obama's administration, waste fraud and abuse in the program has been specifically targeted.

Lifeline Program

You seem to think because Reagan put it in that suddenly it's OK, it's not. Hell I didn't have a cell phone until 99, I couldn't justify the expense until I started spending allot of tme on the road. Since when is it acceptable in this country for people on the public dole to expect luxuries that tax payers can't aford.

Which company got the government contract for the phones? Which state is that company from? Which senator and Representative is recieving political donations from said company? Capitalism at work a private company receiving a government contract. So many ways to look at this issue. By the government purchasing said phones, workers for the company get to keep their jobs.

Which company got the government contract for the phones? Which state is that company from? Which senator and Representative is recieving political donations from said company? Capitalism at work a private company receiving a government contract. So many ways to look at this issue. By the government purchasing said phones, workers for the company get to keep their jobs.

It's not a "contract" for phones. The government doesn't provide the phones, they re-reimburse for them. (and it's not a "free" phone, it's a discounted phone). The funding for them is provided from the Universal Service Fund. All of the major carriers offer the program, by law.

You can say it's Bush's, Nazi Plousey burried it in a 2008 defense spending bill, thank you commiecrat congress.

They were giving out cell phones 25 years ago?

God dammit, you're being INTENTIONALLY obtuse and you know it. You know damn well that the cell phone program is replacing the land-line program. Simple cellular service is cheaper than land line service nowadays. Of course, you probably know that too.

Forum List

Back