$1 million donations wanted for Obama inauguration

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
$1 million donations wanted for Obama inauguration | White House News | Political News | Comcast

Donors at the "Washington" level are offered "premium partner access" for a minimum donation of $250,000 from individuals and $1 million from corporations. The package includes four tickets to the inaugural ball, an in-demand perk with just two being held this year on inauguration night. Inaugural planners also offered $60 tickets for members of the general public, but they sold out quickly Sunday night. Tickets to the Commander In Chiefs Ball are free for invited members of the military and other guests.

Other perks of the Washington package include two bleacher seats to the parade, a VIP reception at a Candle Light Celebration on inauguration eve, tickets to a children's concert, co-chairs reception and a "Road Ahead" meeting featuring members of the president's finance team Saturday, and tickets to a benefactors reception to kick off the weekend.

The "Adams" package also promises premium partner access for $150,000 from individuals and $500,000 from corporations. It offers two tickets to the ball but not the parade bleacher seats and some other reception access.

Donors are offered "special partner access" that still includes ball tickets and the Candle Light Celebration at the National Building Museum for donations of $75,000 for individuals and $250,000 for corporations at the "Jefferson" level and $10,000 and $100,000 at the "Madison" level.

If Obama was truly concern with this Country ,he should have a bare minimum Inauguration and have all those contributions go to charities instead. What discrace for a President.
$obama-tuxedo.jpg

$obama-michelle-party-wh-photo.jpg

Last edited:
So now you're "outraged" that people and corporations are spending their money as they want to?

I'm not outraged. I'm just really sad that it seems there are no more elected officials that choose to be our servants rather than our highly sought after celebrities.

I don't see how this is the slightest bit relevant to the topic at hand.

So now you're "outraged" that people and corporations are spending their money as they want to?

I'm not outraged. I'm just really sad that it seems there are no more elected officials that choose to be our servants rather than our highly sought after celebrities.

Of course not. Paying thousands or millions of dollars to sit next to a politician is completely normal. Hopefully Obama recycles his Greek columns so he won't need as much money huh

Of course not. Paying thousands or millions of dollars to sit next to a politician is completely normal. Hopefully Obama recycles his Greek columns so he won't need as much money huh

It has been a "completely normal" part of our political process for decades.

It has been a "completely normal" part of our political process for decades.

That doesn't make it normal or acceptable. That just means they've been self absorbed and greedy for decades. And for the record Obama did promise to change such behaviors but all he's done is continue them.

I never understood why any President in his second term needed another expensive party.

Hell. He already had one when he was elected for his first term.

Save some money. Better yet put it toward that 16 Trillion debt we have.

Gee

I miss all those threads about taxpayer dollars paying for the inauguration

I really don't get the whole "swearing in" ceremony. I mean, Obama did not give a damn about the Constitution his first term, so why swear to uphold it the second term?

Liberals could care less about the Constitution. After all, it becomes whatever they wish it to be.

I really don't get the whole "swearing in" ceremony. I mean, Obama did not give a damn about the Constitution his first term, so why swear to uphold it the second term?

Liberals could care less about the Constitution. After all, it becomes whatever they wish it to be.

Liberals wrote the Constitution

Cost of Obama's first Inauguration.What Recession? The $170 Million Inauguration.
Obama raised $53 million in private money for his first inauguration
The actual swearing-in ceremony will cost $1.24 million
The federal government estimates that it will spend roughly $49 million on the inaugural weekend. Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland have requested another $75 million from the federal government to help pay for their share of police, fire and medical services.
And then there is the party bill. "We have a budget of roughly $45 million.

No self control, all ego,Obama and his reckless Government - Our Government is so out of control with spending we are doomed .Crap like this goes on and then they throw around the idea of chopping up SS. Soon you will be kissing Obamas pink finger and eating out of a garabage can.

$pict27.jpg

New Topics

Forum List

Back