1 mil dead, 4.5 mill displaced, 2 mill widows & 5 mill orphans

The 2006 Lancet study that claimed over 600,000 deaths linked to the war has been thoroughly debunked:

A Study In Lies | NewsBusters.org

The Iraq Body Count has accounted for 100,000 violent deaths since the invasion.

Prior to the war Saddam is estimated to have mass murdered up 400,000 Iraqis.

On top of this it is estimated between 1 and 2 million Iraqis had died due to starvation, lack of medicine and healthcare because Saddam Hussein had diverted Oil for Food program money to building his palaces and purchasing arms. Any more deaths for these reasons after the invasion can also be added to Saddam's plate for decimating the country's infrastructure and health services.
So is Bush responsible for Katrina? After all, he decimated our infrastructure for 8 years.
You actually think you score points with that?

:lol:

I questioned Bush's judgment all the time without being unpatriotic. Questioning judgment and giving succor to the enemy are two different things.

Those who would trade their freedoms for safety deserve and get neither.

Iraq's Shocking Human Toll: About 1 Million Killed, 4.5 Million Displaced, 1-2 Million Widows, 5 Million Orphans

Now that Bush is gone, perhaps we can honestly face the damage we have wrought and the responsibilities we must accept from it.

Iraq's Shocking Human Toll: About 1 Million Killed, 4.5 Million Displaced, 1-2 Million Widows, 5 Million Orphans | War on Iraq | AlterNet
Thanks to Bush. Good riddance.

how foolish to think the killing will end with the departure of bush...

KABUL, Afghanistan (CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama said Sunday that United States needs to focus on Afghanistan in its battle against terrorism.

Sen. Barack Obama and Afghan President Hamid Karzai meet Sunday in Kabul.

"The Afghan government needs to do more. But we have to understand that the situation is precarious and urgent here in Afghanistan. And I believe this has to be our central focus, the central front, on our battle against terrorism," Obama said Sunday on CBS' "Face the Nation."

"I think one of the biggest mistakes we've made strategically after 9/11 was to fail to finish the job here, focus our attention here. We got distracted by Iraq," he said.

Obama said troop levels must increase in Afghanistan.
Obama calls situation in Afghanistan 'urgent' - CNN.com

Obama wants U.S. troops in Pakistan.

WASHINGTON, Aug. 1 (UPI) -- U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., said U.S. troops should be fighting terror more in Afghanistan and even Pakistan.

In the text of a speech to the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in Washington seen by ABC News before its scheduled Wednesday delivery, Obama,...

Obama wants U.S. troops in Pakistan. (01-AUG-07) UPI NewsTrack

Obama serves the same masters as bush...and it is not we the people

Iraq's Shocking Human Toll: About 1 Million Killed, 4.5 Million Displaced, 1-2 Million Widows, 5 Million Orphans

Now that Bush is gone, perhaps we can honestly face the damage we have wrought and the responsibilities we must accept from it.

Iraq's Shocking Human Toll: About 1 Million Killed, 4.5 Million Displaced, 1-2 Million Widows, 5 Million Orphans | War on Iraq | AlterNet

There is absolutely no evidence that 1 million Iraqis have died due to the war. NONE, not one credible source. But hey keep making ignorant claims you are so good at it.

Anyone think the US government in the future will apologize for all that it has done to Iraq?

I posted about the bombing of the electrical grid to create widespread illness due to unsafe water (a war crime) is that something worth apologizing for?

If you want to bitch about Iraq, bitch about the cost financially to the US taxpayer and the loss of American lives. If you really want to bitch about Iraqi deaths, try to find some realistic numbers please.

Let's look at what you just told us. 1 million killed you say? That would be around 500 per day. Can you please show me a few news articles where 500 Iraqis died on any given day? I sure as hell don't remember hearing any numbers like that. Now don't get me wrong; the loss of Iraqi life was very high, but your numbers are a joke. Secondly, if, and i do say if, 1 million Iraqis died, that would include men, women and children. How in the hell could there only be 1 million deaths but 1 to 2 million widows? Please at least try to be realistic.

Now, let's look at a few other facts. While Saddam was in power, he killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. We know this to be a fact. In fact, when GH Bush decided not to march to Bagdhad during Desert Storm, ten's of thousands of Iraqis who had prepared for the overthrow of Saddam were executed. They had relied on us coming in so that they could get rid of Saddam.

Next on the agenda; had Saddam been left in power, there is a very good chance he would no longer be in power. His sons were looking for a reason to get rid of him. Probably the absolute most important thing we accomplished was killing Saddam's two sons, much more so than getting rid of Saddam himself.

Last of all, you state that now Iraq will become an ally with Iran. Well, based on the recent election, that actually seems to be incorrect. The party with the closest ties to Iran had one of the poorest showings in the election of any party. The Iraqis, while the majority is Shia, do not trust Iran due to the brutal war they fought with them. Last of all, it is actually beginning to look as if Iraq might be able to stabilize once we leave and actually move forward with a quasi-democracy that is actually workable for them.

Iraq has not been pretty for us or the Iraqis, and there are many good reasons as to why we should not have gone in. However, it is beginning to look like some good may actually come out of all of this for both us and the Iraqis. Time will tell, but for now, you are arguing the wrong points, and your embellished numbers of casualties makes your entire argument a farce.

Where oh where could those numbers come from?

ABC News: Nondisclosure Cited in Iraq Casualties Study

Nondisclosure Cited in Iraq Casualties Study
Controversial Survey Author Rebuked for Failing to Disclose Details of His Work

By GARY LANGER
Feb. 4, 2009

In a highly unusual rebuke, the American Association for Public Opinion Research today said the author of a widely debated survey on "excess deaths" in Iraq had violated its code of professional ethics by refusing to disclose details of his work. The author's institution later disclosed to ABC News that it, too, is investigating the study.

AAPOR, in a statement, said that in an eight-month investigation, Gilbert Burnham, a faculty member at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, "repeatedly refused to make public essential facts about his research on civilian deaths in Iraq."

Hours later, the school itself disclosed its own investigation of the Iraq casualties report "to determine if any violation of the school's rules or guidelines for the conduct of research occurred." It said the review "is nearing completion."

Both AAPOR and the school said they had focused on Burnham's study, published in the October 2006 issue of the British medical journal the Lancet, reporting an estimated 654,965 "excess deaths" in Iraq as a result of the U.S.-led invasion in 2003. An earlier, 2004 report, in which Burnham also participated, estimated approximately 98,000 excess deaths to that point.

In its original news release on the 2006 study, the Lancet said, "The mortality survey used well-established and scientifically proven methods for measuring mortality and disease in populations." Today, Tony Kirby, the Lancet's press officer, said in an e-mail to ABC News: "The Lancet is making no comment."

Burnham did not reply to e-mail and telephone messages....

Actually ABC, is being kind to Lancet. Truth was they didn't put 'hard' numbers anywhere in their article. Instead the 'killed' could be anywhere from lower thousands, to a million-those are not acceptable parameters. Repeated in all categories.

I questioned Bush's judgment all the time without being unpatriotic. Questioning judgment and giving succor to the enemy are two different things.

a stitch in time saves nine.
a penny saved is a penny earned
neither a borrower nor lender be.
what are things that Ben Franklin actually said, alex

unlike what bobo said
:D

unlike what bobo said

Thom Hartmann has a guest on that proved Chaney met with the American oil companies to discuss dividing up Iraq's oil, even before the Iraq invasion began.

I remember hearing on a liberal show last year that this was going on and you guys all argued with me. You pointed to Chinese companies getting some contracts. Well yes, they get to share too, seeing as how we borrowed their money to invade.

Anyways, this is why we must prosecute the Bush team for their illegal activities. Ford pardon'ed Nixon and it allowed guys like Chaney and Rumsfeld to remain in government. They should have carried that impeachment with them into the 2000 election. And why didn't the liberal media remind us that this was the old Nixon team running in 2000? I didn't know Chaney and Rumsfeld worked for Dick at that point. Might have made a difference with voters if they knew that.

Anyways, we can not let this go. If we do, then the protege's of Dick and Bush will come back in 2012. Condy Rice should have a criminal record. All of them should.

They premediately lied us into Iraq. I don't care if Bush thought it was a good idea. That doesn't make it legal.

This is why we should still prosecute the Bush team.

Now, let's look at a few other facts. While Saddam was in power, he killed hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. We know this to be a fact. In fact, when GH Bush decided not to march to Bagdhad during Desert Storm, ten's of thousands of Iraqis who had prepared for the overthrow of Saddam were executed. They had relied on us coming in so that they could get rid of Saddam.

Next on the agenda; had Saddam been left in power, there is a very good chance he would no longer be in power. His sons were looking for a reason to get rid of him. Probably the absolute most important thing we accomplished was killing Saddam's two sons, much more so than getting rid of Saddam himself.

Last of all, you state that now Iraq will become an ally with Iran. Well, based on the recent election, that actually seems to be incorrect. The party with the closest ties to Iran had one of the poorest showings in the election of any party. The Iraqis, while the majority is Shia, do not trust Iran due to the brutal war they fought with them. Last of all, it is actually beginning to look as if Iraq might be able to stabilize once we leave and actually move forward with a quasi-democracy that is actually workable for them.

Iraq has not been pretty for us or the Iraqis, and there are many good reasons as to why we should not have gone in. However, it is beginning to look like some good may actually come out of all of this for both us and the Iraqis. Time will tell, but for now, you are arguing the wrong points, and your embellished numbers of casualties makes your entire argument a farce.

For as much as I'm embellishing, so is Bush. So meet me half way. Let's say 300,000 iraqi's dead because of this invasion.

To think Iran and Iraq will not be allies is foolish. But that's ok, because Iran can't antagonize Obama into war like they could Bush/Chaney.

What you think are facts are not facts. You know only what the mainstream media has told you. You disregard all the rest, much of it is fact.

What happens when Mook Tada El Sadr is ruler of Iraq? He doesn't like us either. All that for nothing?

We should have invested in GM battery cars not Iraq oil. Wake up America.

Oil companies should have shared some of the oil with us. Or had the oil pay for the invasion. They didn't, because they preferred the US taxpayers pay it. Still to this day, we are paying for it. Who's getting the oil? Wake up!

But why should I expect you to understand. You don't even get it and they raped your very own country the last 8 years, right in front of your face, and you still don't get it. So of course you believe we are over in Iraq doing the right thing. :cuckoo:

unlike what bobo said

Thom Hartmann has a guest on that proved Chaney met with the American oil companies to discuss dividing up Iraq's oil, even before the Iraq invasion began.

I remember hearing on a liberal show last year that this was going on and you guys all argued with me. You pointed to Chinese companies getting some contracts. Well yes, they get to share too, seeing as how we borrowed their money to invade.

Anyways, this is why we must prosecute the Bush team for their illegal activities. Ford pardon'ed Nixon and it allowed guys like Chaney and Rumsfeld to remain in government. They should have carried that impeachment with them into the 2000 election. And why didn't the liberal media remind us that this was the old Nixon team running in 2000? I didn't know Chaney and Rumsfeld worked for Dick at that point. Might have made a difference with voters if they knew that.

Anyways, we can not let this go. If we do, then the protege's of Dick and Bush will come back in 2012. Condy Rice should have a criminal record. All of them should.

They premediately lied us into Iraq. I don't care if Bush thought it was a good idea. That doesn't make it legal.

This is why we should still prosecute the Bush team.

haha, don't hold your breath... remember the last time the powerful got charged with a crime - and were punished?

Go ask Nicaragua what happens when the US breaks international law and gets scolded by the security council.

Or just rearrange the letters in the word "ingnoth".

What you think are facts are not facts. You know only what the mainstream media has told you. You disregard all the rest, much of it is fact.

Yes, we should listen to YOU sealybobo. YOU know the real truth. You are the one with millions of dollars at your disposal to spend on the best investigative journalists in the world. Yes, YOU know best.

Ok the numbers don't add up... How do you have 1 million dead and yet 2 million widows?

Doesn't each guy have multiple wives?

What about the fact that Chaney & Co pre planned this invasion and lied us in. Busted. Do you want to forget about it so they can do it again in another 12 years or so? I say they need to be tried and not pardon'ed.

Half the shit they did you can argue, but half the shit they did is undeniable. Now you/they are just relying on the fact that Democrats will be bribed to ignore it and move on.

Or will we follow through and prosecute the criminals.

I say leave Bush alone. That is too much to go after a President. But go after the Monica Goodlings that helped him politicize the justice department. Go after Rumsfeld for torture. Go after Dick for outting a CIA agent. Go after Condy for lying about 9-11.

They all committed hanous criminal acts.

Ok the numbers don't add up... How do you have 1 million dead and yet 2 million widows?

Saddam was killing 3.7 million people per month before we went in and put a stop to him. Over the past 20 years, he killed a total of 8 billion people, leaving 27 billion widows to mourn their deaths.

I think you guys are on to something here... making up absurd numbers and applying them to my opposition is alot of fun. :lol:

Forum List

Back