1 lb. lobster

cheap lobster in the summer :D and the beautiful, glorious spring, summer, and fall weather and foliage here, are the '' 2 teasers'' that keeps Mainers living through the snowy winters and Nor'Easters!!!! :eek:

At least with Matt and me!

Is summer the best price for lobster?
i'm still a novice....we are recent transplants....according to Mainers, we are ''from away''....been here a few years....still feels like vacation....:)

we just found this lobster pound and it is just a mile and a half from our house....

but YES, summer....or end of summer, seems to be the cheapest!

It would seem i need to plan lobster trips a bit better then....:lol: Ill be back in November no matter the price :eusa_whistle:

Thanks for the hot lobster tips Care.... you ARE the BEST!!!

Is summer the best price for lobster?
i'm still a novice....we are recent transplants....according to Mainers, we are ''from away''....been here a few years....still feels like vacation....:)

we just found this lobster pound and it is just a mile and a half from our house....

It would seem i need to plan lobster trips a bit better then....:lol: Ill be back in November no matter the price :eusa_whistle:

you're welcome!

I just love it here! we found some new, great spots to rock hunt, on 2 different lakes, here, in my own town limits....they are just as cool as the different rocks on the beaches....came from the same glaciers and volcanic actions I would suppose?!? That's why i feel like we are still on vacation...still learning the ropes and finding new, beautiful places.

I'll be crawling around on my one one good leg with a house full of screaming monsters (unless I can chase them down to the lake)....

So you can ALL miss my hairy ass:razz:

Seriously, though, I have the smoker ready and a couple slabs of spare ribs that are marinating in the fridge.
They'll enjoy most of the day slow-smoking while the Missus makes up the tater salad, deviled eggs, etc.....
I'll be monitoring her from the patio
:eusa_whistle:

Waxing may be more fun than kissing....

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...ough-guy-contest-post4089094.html#post4089964

you're welcome!

I just love it here! we found some new, great spots to rock hunt, on 2 different lakes, here, in my own town limits....they are just as cool as the different rocks on the beaches....came from the same glaciers and volcanic actions I would suppose?!? That's why i feel like we are still on vacation...still learning the ropes and finding new, beautiful places.

LOL... OK... shipping home rocks was expensive as hell! I love rocks too. :)

State a' Mainer's will forever view you as 'from away' unless you were born there.
Be grateful you are not considered one of the 'leaf people'!
Were you able to enjoy the Lobstah Festival?

I could turn you on to some 'locals' if you are living on the coast.

State a' Mainer's will forever view you as 'from away' unless you were born there.
Be grateful you are not considered one of the 'leaf people'!
Were you able to enjoy the Lobstah Festival?

I could turn you on to some 'locals' if you are living on the coast.
we are on the Downeast Coast, about 25 miles from Acadia National Park....

ty, we have befriend a few locals and are finding all kinds of cool things, like the lobster pound/shack right under our nose, they told us about it!

It's beautiful here! In the summer,(other than the water temperature), it reminds matt and me of Maui....lush greenery, hills/mountains/shoreside cliffs/beaches/rocks/flowers/variety of land and sea birds/whales, temperate weather/islands off shore....not all the same, but similarities on the whole!

WINTER is a whole nuther story!

1 lb lobsters were $4.99 a lb at the local lobster pound, but we just passed their sign and they are down to $3.99 for a lb!!! Holy Moly! We had decided to splurge for this labor day weekend and bought 2 filet mignon's to grill, but NOW we are gonna buy 2 1lb lobsters to make it a perfect surf and turf! The corn on the cob at the market was the size of Alaska, which it always is this time of the year, so we bought 10 for the week....before ya know it, the cobbed corn will be gone! just POOF, gone, none until next may or june up here! :(

we are heading down to the bay for a long walk on the beach...and rock hunting ....before the eating orgy to come, hoping to scave off a few pounds before adding them this weekend!

there is a fair in a town called blue hill, that we plan to hit, tomorrow, but maybe tonight too if the entertainment is good!!!

how about you guys....? what are your plans?

Well my plans are to ditch my wife and join you. :doubt:

You'd better bring the Mrs. Someone is going to have to keep Matt busy. :eusa_whistle:

you're welcome!

A little off topic but my first duty station was at South Weymouth, Ma. I used to go to school up in Brunswick Maine...every once in a while and when the timing was right, I could ride my motor cycle up there. That is the most beautiful place to ride I have ever ridden. The timing was your fall and the leaves were a beautiful color. (Of course you only have about two weeks to ride up there though....lol).

Great food, nice enough people and beautiful scenery. I used to do that ride and also go to the cape on the bike. I miss that area, but you guys get some serious serious winters.

On base up there in Broomstick, they had these over ground tunnel like tubes connecting the barracks to the chow hall to the school and I didnt get it until I went up there during a snow storm...THEN I GOT IT.

1 lb lobsters were $4.99 a lb at the local lobster pound, but we just passed their sign and they are down to $3.99 for a lb!!! Holy Moly! We had decided to splurge for this labor day weekend and bought 2 filet mignon's to grill, but NOW we are gonna buy 2 1lb lobsters to make it a perfect surf and turf! The corn on the cob at the market was the size of Alaska, which it always is this time of the year, so we bought 10 for the week....before ya know it, the cobbed corn will be gone! just POOF, gone, none until next may or june up here! :(

we are heading down to the bay for a long walk on the beach...and rock hunting ....before the eating orgy to come, hoping to scave off a few pounds before adding them this weekend!

there is a fair in a town called blue hill, that we plan to hit, tomorrow, but maybe tonight too if the entertainment is good!!!

Corn on the cob is not bad frozen, just husk/clean bag (vac if you have em) and freeze. pretty good for 6 mos.

I have a pork roast in the crock pot, beans in another, a guy I work whit is bringing tortillas his wife made, my Brother is bringing steaks to grill and we have about four different salads, the most interesting being the fried potato salad. We also have six water melons.

Pork roast ? Crock pot ??

You sure you' re in Texas ? :D

I have a pork roast in the crock pot, beans in another, a guy I work whit is bringing tortillas his wife made, my Brother is bringing steaks to grill and we have about four different salads, the most interesting being the fried potato salad. We also have six water melons.

Pork roast ? Crock pot ??

You sure you' re in Texas ? :D

Not any more its not. Its been processed. ?The guy with the grill did a brisket. Did not expect that. Was goooood.

I hear that the mosquitoes are as big as the lobsters. True or false? :D
no, not where i live on the coast....they are teenie weenie....plus there are tree bats that come out in the evening and FEAST on them, thank you very much!

Florida had bigger ones!

Unless of course you are in the boggy woods at dusk....then, ive heard, they are bigger than lobsters and can carry you away!!! :eek:

Forum List

Back