1 in 7 New Construction Jobs Could Go to Illegal Immigrants

Liberals love to make these illegals look like victims as Obama and Nanny State Nancy are doing but the truth is the only victim here is the unemployed American worker trying to put food on the table while Pedro is working and sending money back to Mexico...

hey swoop...are you crying about capitalism?

:eusa_pray:

keep spewing that, all the whilst not allowing their status to be checked.. and we will mock you! :lol:

not allowing it? who's not ALLOWING the employers to have their own procedure to make certain they are not hiring illegals?

you should have seen the hard time i was given when hired by the company that my husband worked for as a temp at christmas time!!! it took them 4 weeks of me working before they finally give me a paycheck, and the AOK....!!!!!!!! i felt scummy, like i wasn't even a citizen born and bread here!!!!

NO ONE is not ''ALLOWING'' it.....the employers are already required to give it their best effort to only hire citizens or legals....

that being said, it still pisses me off that the provision and money to fund the dept adequately, isn't in the bill!!!

Are you trying to say companies actually care if someones legal or not???

I can tell you right now their are plenty of illegals in the work force that are using stolen identities to work and employers are aware of this but dont care. Not to mention their are also plenty of companies whos policy is to hire only illegals because they are cheap labor especially in this weak economy, Tyson foods would be a great example.

If you ask me companies who hire illegal aliens should be not only fined but the owners/ceo's and hiring managers should face mandatory jail time as well.

Liberals love to make these illegals look like victims as Obama and Nanny State Nancy are doing but the truth is the only victim here is the unemployed American worker trying to put food on the table while Pedro is working and sending money back to Mexico...

''if you build it, they will come''

is at play here.

IF the employers followed the Law and did not hire illegals, illegals would not be coming over in droves....

we need to nip it in the bud....and employers are the problem....the bud or even the root.

i agree they need to be imprisoned if they actively seek to hire illegals...we need to fund the areas that should enforce these laws....

hey swoop...are you crying about capitalism?

:eusa_pray:

Of course capitalism plays a role..

Liberal politicians are pro illegal because they know illegals will vote liberal and capitalists are pro illegal because they want cheap labor..

Its that simple, and the real victims are the American work force.

not allowing it? who's not ALLOWING the employers to have their own procedure to make certain they are not hiring illegals?

you should have seen the hard time i was given when hired by the company that my husband worked for as a temp at christmas time!!! it took them 4 weeks of me working before they finally give me a paycheck, and the AOK....!!!!!!!! i felt scummy, like i wasn't even a citizen born and bread here!!!!

NO ONE is not ''ALLOWING'' it.....the employers are already required to give it their best effort to only hire citizens or legals....

that being said, it still pisses me off that the provision and money to fund the dept adequately, isn't in the bill!!!

I can tell you right now their are plenty of illegals in the work force that are using stolen identities to work and employers are aware of this but dont care. Not to mention their are also plenty of companies whos policy is to hire only illegals because they are cheap labor especially in this weak economy, Tyson foods would be a great example.

If you ask me companies who hire illegal aliens should be not only fined but the owners/ceo's and hiring managers should face mandatory jail time as well.

is at play here.

IF the employers followed the Law and did not hire illegals, illegals would not be coming over in droves....

we need to nip it in the bud....and employers are the problem....the bud or even the root.

i agree they need to be imprisoned if they actively seek to hire illegals...we need to fund the areas that should enforce these laws....

How do you propose we 'nip it in the bud?'

Do you have any idea how many liberal 'sanctuary' cities their are where getting authorization of a raid is almost impossible to get?

The bureaucracy is astounding!

We dont have time to just go after employers, we also need to have ZERO tolerance for illegals (deport them when caught) and immigration reform.

And anyone who claims deporting them will cost too much is just using an excuse because they want them here.

If they can lock up Americans for petty crimes then they can deport illegal aliens.

Deporting illegals isnt rocket science, if they dont have papers they go to a holding center where they will be promptly bussed out.

I dont see how thats so damn expensive.

The real truth is not that the government CANT solve the illegal immigration problem its that the government doesnt WANT to.

I heard a provision to prevent this problem was stripped from the bill. Why? Who would do that?

because the e-verify program doesn't work well. It can actually end up preventing legal residents from working, keeping them tied up in red tape. And the point of the stimulus is to get people back to work.

where in the world does the 1 in 7 figure come from?

It is debatable how well it works, and Franky I would rather see a few Americans get tied up in red tap than see 1 and 7 or more of these new jobs going to illegals when there is nearly 20 Million Americans who need jobs. if we gain 4 Million jobs, that would mean almost half a million jobs would go to illegals when there are Citizens who need work.

Unacceptable, and some form of verification with flaws, is better than none.

Taking it out, and not adding some way to make sure no illegals get jobs from this bill, was irresponsible at best, maybe criminal.

Picture of Obama sworn in on 1-20-09. $19.95

Sarah Palin's afterbirth on EBAY, $250 latest bid

Republicans who defended George Bush and now after less than a month say the country is going to hell? PRICELESS!!!! :cuckoo::eusa_liar::lol::eusa_whistle::eusa_shhh:

no hunny bunny what's priceless is watching you piss and moan cause yer party gave away yer American jobs to the illegals.. they are gonna get yer rebate money too...:lol:

Who are these corporations hiring these illegals? Are they Republicans?

Is your brain so small you actually think that all Cooperations are run by republicans, and that Democrats not only do not own businesses, but they would never hire illegals?

Are you actually going to make excuses for the DEMOCRATS who could have done something to protect American workers, but instead chose to cater to a voting block?

Use your head man.

Hey, if guys like you and I can agree that we need to bring jobs back home and kick these illegals out, we can do great things.

Sounds like a great Idea.

It isn't like the GOP were doing anything about this shit either.
Yes and that is why the GOP is dying. That is what we mean when we say they got away from Conservative values.

At least us Democrats call and complain to our Democratic reps when we are not happy.
Are you saying Republicans do not?

According to you guys the last 8 years, the GOP were like the Catholic priests. Infallable. :eusa_pray:

Come on Bobo be honest, A large majority of People who think of themselves as Republicans, and especially Conservatives, have been, and are openly critical of Republicans on this issue and many others.

When you make childish blanket statements like all you guys been saying the GOP we priests when clearly we have not. It just makes you look well, like a child.

Hey, if guys like you and I can agree that we need to bring jobs back home and kick these illegals out, we can do great things.

Sounds like a great Idea.

It isn't like the GOP were doing anything about this shit either.
Yes and that is why the GOP is dying. That is what we mean when we say they got away from Conservative values.

At least us Democrats call and complain to our Democratic reps when we are not happy.
Are you saying Republicans do not?

According to you guys the last 8 years, the GOP were like the Catholic priests. Infallable. :eusa_pray:

Come on Bobo be honest, A large majority of People who think of themselves as Republicans, and especially Conservatives, have been, and are openly critical of Republicans on this issue and many others.

When you make childish blanket statements like all you guys been saying the GOP we priests when clearly we have not. It just makes you look well, like a child.
Not to mention that it was the right that turned back the Bush plan on allowing amnesty. Sheesh.

Sealybobo thinks that if you are against the Democrats, you are a Republican. You can't be against both parties because according to Sealybobo, no way, you can't do that, not uh.

is at play here.

Do you have any idea how many liberal 'sanctuary' cities their are where getting authorization of a raid is almost impossible to get?

We dont have time to just go after employers, we also need to have ZERO tolerance for illegals (deport them when caught) and immigration reform.

And anyone who claims deporting them will cost too much is just using an excuse because they want them here.

If they can lock up Americans for petty crimes then they can deport illegal aliens.

Deporting illegals isnt rocket science, if they dont have papers they go to a holding center where they will be promptly bussed out.

The real truth is not that the government CANT solve the illegal immigration problem its that the government doesnt WANT to.
I don't get to see much of illegal Mexicans up here in Maine...we may have illegals, but they are Canadian and we wouldn't know the difference....

We do have some Jamaicans which are brought here in the summer to work as chamber maids or at the front desk in the Resorts we have along the coast, but this is all legal temporary help that is done through legal visas.

And perhaps some of the larger farmers here may have to bring in help during harvest, LEGALLY, but I am not certain on that....we don't have a lot of really big farmers and things like cranberries take a lot of expertise and equipment, but maybe for the blueberries and potatoes they bring in help? And i heard that Mexicans don't make good lobster fisherman! :)

i don't disagree with much of what you said...but my primary concern up here is whether the heating oil bill will have the best of me....and the best of my neighbors.

Care

is at play here.

I don't get to see much of illegal Mexicans up here in Maine...we may have illegals, but they are Canadian and we wouldn't know the difference....

We do have some Jamaicans which are brought here in the summer to work as chamber maids or at the front desk in the Resorts we have along the coast, but this is all legal temporary help that is done through legal visas.

And perhaps some of the larger farmers here may have to bring in help during harvest, LEGALLY, but I am not certain on that....we don't have a lot of really big farmers and things like cranberries take a lot of expertise and equipment, but maybe for the blueberries and potatoes they bring in help? And i heard that Mexicans don't make good lobster fisherman! :)

i don't disagree with much of what you said...but my primary concern up here is whether the heating oil bill will have the best of me....and the best of my neighbors.

Care

Well I'm from Chicago/Waukegan Illinois...

EVERYTHING is written in espanol in my town... I mean the heart of our down town is actually 75% written in 100% Spanish and everything else is bi-lingual.

When your surroundings are writ in a foreign language you know you have a massive problem.

Thank God tho, Waukegan/ Lake County is one of the first counties/towns to accept deportation as policy.

Of course this is Lake County Illinois, Cook county has a different attitude!

Last edited:
I can think of a hundred reasons why illegal immigrants should be deported. The main one being that they are ILLEGAL!

I heard a provision to prevent this problem was stripped from the bill. Why? Who would do that?

The House proposed using "E-Verify", but it isn't listed in the Senate bill. As it now stands, 300,000 new jobs would go to legal and illegal aliens.

Charlotte Front and Center: Stimulus Bill on Life Support

A watchdog group warns that illegal immigrants might end up filling many of the estimated 2 million-plus new construction jobs featured in the Senate stimulus bill.

The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) estimates that about 15 percent of workers employed in construction in the United States are illegal immigrants. If no effort is made to bar illegal immigrants from these vital jobs, it is extremely likely that about 300,000 of the coveted jobs will go to them.

“If more people know Congress was going to let illegal aliens get these jobs, there would be even less support for the bill,”
sealy,

Gosh! I HOPE this is NOT true!

And these jobs should go to Americans with the stimulus, money and I would bet that near all American citizens feel the same way about this stimulus, LATER TO BE Tax Burden on us all....!!!

I still haven't read the link(s) in full yet, but was wondering, (And wondering for the sake of being the Devil's Advocate:

What advantage would there be for these construction companies that get the bids for these projects, (the Lord only knows if they even are bidding? :eusa_pray: ), to use illegals over Americans that would be lined up for the same jobs being offered at the same amount of lower wage, ESPECIALLY in these kind of Unemployment conditions?

Wouldn't they be risking shut down with illegals?

And don't you think watchdog agencies are going to follow the money of the stimulus and and report what they find out on who they employ, as has been done several times by these groups?

What makes them THINK that all of these illegals would be hired and under what terms are they assuming such?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, CHANGING HATS

And in addition to this, I can remember a little while back some commotion about Government Projects going to illegals...i can't remember if it was the Federal gvts money or if it was the State gvt that was involved....? (and i haven't kept up with this thread so if someone went over this I apologize) Well, anyway....I thought legislation was introduced that made it so that companies getting gvt bids, must hire only legals and have proof of such...yahdeedah.

Well, MAYBE....just maybe this problem has been taken care of already with other legislation and this is why it was not needed in this bill, espeally since the system being used is still having problems?

AND, IF this is not the case, and it was individual States that passed this legislation, maybe all states need to and include any Federal projects done in their own state as well...?

WE LIVE IN A DAMN REPUBLIC! LET'S START USING IT PEOPLE!!!!

Push this legislation through, in your own States, to prevent illegals from being hired with the stimulus money!

We don't have to sit back and take this crap, IF it is true!

Care

Forum List

Back