1 in 7 New Construction Jobs Could Go to Illegal Immigrants

sealybobo

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2008
Michigan
I heard a provision to prevent this problem was stripped from the bill. Why? Who would do that?

The House proposed using "E-Verify", but it isn't listed in the Senate bill. As it now stands, 300,000 new jobs would go to legal and illegal aliens.

Charlotte Front and Center: Stimulus Bill on Life Support

A watchdog group warns that illegal immigrants might end up filling many of the estimated 2 million-plus new construction jobs featured in the Senate stimulus bill.

The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) estimates that about 15 percent of workers employed in construction in the United States are illegal immigrants. If no effort is made to bar illegal immigrants from these vital jobs, it is extremely likely that about 300,000 of the coveted jobs will go to them.

“If more people know Congress was going to let illegal aliens get these jobs, there would be even less support for the bill,”

I think that number is low. The ACLU or some illegal immigrants rights group should look into this.... Atleast half of the construction jobs should go to illegals especially since Americans don't want to do these jobs....

I heard a provision to prevent this problem was stripped from the bill. Why? Who would do that?

The House proposed using "E-Verify", but it isn't listed in the Senate bill. As it now stands, 300,000 new jobs would go to legal and illegal aliens.

A watchdog group warns that illegal immigrants might end up filling many of the estimated 2 million-plus new construction jobs featured in the Senate stimulus bill.

The Center for Immigration Studies (CIS) estimates that about 15 percent of workers employed in construction in the United States are illegal immigrants. If no effort is made to bar illegal immigrants from these vital jobs, it is extremely likely that about 300,000 of the coveted jobs will go to them.

“If more people know Congress was going to let illegal aliens get these jobs, there would be even less support for the bill,”

Your DUmbAzz Democratic Senators,, that's who. I tried to tell ya but you would not listen.. and I'll tell ya something else. it's going to be highter than 1 in seven..

UNBELIEVABLE -- Democratic Leadership Requires Stimulus Job Access for
Illegal Aliens -- Secret Negotiations

AND BAILED-OUT BANKS ARE GIVEN BACK PERMISSION TO FIRE AMERICANS AND REPLACE WITH FOREIGN WORKERS

House Speaker Pelosi, Senate Majority Leader Reid and the Obama White House were absolutely certain about one thing for the House/Senate negotiating committee on the Stimulus Bill: There was to be no special restriction to keep illegal aliens from getting new jobs created by the bill at a cost of $250,000 to $500,000 each.

The Democratic leadership of our federal government made it clear that there has been no change from eight years of a Republican White House that let the Chamber of Commerce call the shots on immigration

UNBELIEVABLE -- Democratic Leadership Requires Stimulus Job Access for Illegal Aliens -- Secret Negotiations | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels

Sealybobo, do you understand politics. The illegals could be a great voting base. Especially to a party that caters to the poor and low wage earners. You see why Bush and McCain try to cater for them the last couple of years. Just like the banks are replacing American workers with low-wage foreigners. Outsource to India. Microsoft did it.

Last edited:

Everyone who voted for Obama and the D's controling Congress are getting exactly what they voted for. This country is on its way to hell in a hand basket. This is only the beginning. The damage that they are doing will not be able to be undone in most of our lifetimes, and our children are going to pay the price. It's extremely difficult and sad to watch.

because the e-verify program doesn't work well. It can actually end up preventing legal residents from working, keeping them tied up in red tape. And the point of the stimulus is to get people back to work.

where in the world does the 1 in 7 figure come from?

1 in 7 more likely the number of errors in the e-verify system.

OMG! :eek: If Sealybobo is lost, Obama is up the creek!

That's what comes from being a true kool aid drinker, sealybobo could only ever see one side of the story and he swallowed it hook line and sinker.

because the e-verify program doesn't work well. It can actually end up preventing legal residents from working, keeping them tied up in red tape. And the point of the stimulus is to get people back to work.

where in the world does the 1 in 7 figure come from?

that's a kool aid point,, fed to you by the ACLU.. so keep swallowing that kool aid and the illegals will take yer jobs yer money and anything else they can wrest from yer babies mouths.. you deserve it. :lol:

so keep swallowing that kool aid and the illegals will take yer jobs yer money and anything else they can wrest from yer babies mouths.. you deserve it. :lol:

lol.

gotta love it when the capitalist suddenly starting crying about open markets.

please mr. government protect my job, i'm actually not really in favor of capitalism.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No it's an actual fact, the E-verify system has problems.

to help you with your attempt at an argument willow...a better line of attack would be...the E-verify system should be fixed and adequately funded.

that would make sense.

so keep swallowing that kool aid and the illegals will take yer jobs yer money and anything else they can wrest from yer babies mouths.. you deserve it. :lol:

lol.

gotta love it when the capitalist suddenly starting crying about open markets.

please mr. government protect my job, i'm actually not really in favor of capitalism.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't have a job to protect so you must be talking about someone else. sealybobo has a job ask him.

to help you with your attempt at an argument willow...a better line of attack would be...the E-verify system should be fixed and adequately funded.

that would make sense.

that's the thing about painting yerself into a corner with the ACLU paint brush.. every single attempt to control illegals has a "problem" lol.. keep chugga-lugging and kiss yer babies future goodbye.

it is yer bad,, I'm not crying about anything.. did you notice who started this thread? or did that escape your brilliant powers of observation??

wiilowtard

i got amazing

powers

of observation...i got second sight...

Sealybobo, do you understand politics. The illegals could be a great voting base. Especially to a party that caters to the poor and low wage earners. You see why Bush and McCain try to cater for them the last couple of years. Just like the banks are replacing American workers with low-wage foreigners. Outsource to India. Microsoft did it.

This is one of those issues that splits both parties:

ThomHartmann.com - Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

that would make sense.

Could it be the same that can fund, can also make it work? Yes, but they don't want to. No matter how many TRILLIONS they are trying to spend.

Forum List

Back