1%er$ Are Strangling Our Economy

When does life begin?
At conception. From that moment, the fetus is a genetically distinct human being.
Where's the material gain, i.e., profit, in abortion?
Truth #6: Abortion Is Big Business and Big Bucks: Ten Truths
“You can make a lot of money doing abortions,” revealed Anthony Levantino, a former abortion provider. “In my practice, we were averaging between $250 and $500 per abortion [in the 1980s]—and it was cash. It is the one time as a doctor you can say, ‘Either pay me up front or I’m not going to take care of you…. Either you have the money or you don’t.’”

It’s About Money Former abortion clinic owner Carol Everett was asked, “What is the governing force behind the abortion industry?”

“Money,” Everett answered bluntly. “It’s a very lucrative business.”

Norma McCorvey, who was the “Jane Roe” of Roe v. Wade, recalled her experience working in an abortion clinic. “It was just a racket,” she said. “[The doctor] was just doing it for the money. He didn’t care about the women….”

--

From 1997 to 2005, Planned Parenthood’s own annual reports reveal that the abortion industry behemoth netted profits in excess of $469 million. During this same time period, the organization collected $2.07 billion from American taxpayers in government grants and contracts.​
Have you ever seen an abortion provider who expected thanks for her service?
No. They expect money.

The UBERWEATHY, if they truly paid that tp rate (of about 35%) would end up paying most of the taxes.

Right now, of course, they are NOT paying taxes at the same high rates that the bourgois actually ARE paying. If fact many of the multimillionaires in this nation pay ZERO taxes

Wake up affluent class, and realize that YOU ARE PAYING the taxes that the UBERWEATHY are NOT.

Its not the welfare class that's fucking you over, its the SUPERWEALTHY that you're paying taxes for.

Ummm....the uberwealthy are paying most of the taxes. The top 1% (380K and above) paid 38% of all income tax collected in 2008. The top 5% (160K-380K) paid 59% of all income tax collected in 2008.

Maybe you have some proof of your claim about multimillionaires paying no taxes?

If the Federal Reserve dumps another $11 trillion into the economy, our $14 trillion debt becomes $25 trillion. Those who aren't hard wired to consider a solution like state banks, i.e. North Dakota, are likely to follow the lead lemmings off the cliff.

If the Fed buys $11 trillion in bonds, how does that increase the national debt?

06-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Remove user from ignore listMr. Shaman
This message is hidden because Mr. Shaman is on your ignore list.

It's like candy for my eyes and learing it's healthy for me. :cool:

If the Federal Reserve dumps another $11 trillion into the economy, our $14 trillion debt becomes $25 trillion. Those who aren't hard wired to consider a solution like state banks, i.e. North Dakota, are likely to follow the lead lemmings off the cliff.

If the Fed buys $11 trillion in bonds, how does that increase the national debt?

We are buying to cover our debt with money we don't have.

Great, so you understand that when the Fed buys a bond, our debt is unchanged.

Great, so you understand that when the Fed buys a bond, our debt is unchanged.

incorrect

We had to print that money we didn't have and that devalues the dollar.

While the number of the debt doesn't change, it takes more of my money to = that same amount.

sorry if that didn't make a whole lot of sense. :redface:

incorrect

While the number of the debt doesn't change, it takes more of my money to = that same amount.

What do you mean "We had to print that money we didn't have"?

And more to the point, when the Fed buys a bond, it doesn't increase our debt.

incorrect

What do you mean "We had to print that money we didn't have"?

And more to the point, when the Fed buys a bond, it doesn't increase our debt.

ok, Ill explain again.

Lets say I owe you $100. I borrow $50 buck from Peter and give it to you.
Now I only owe you $50. so that means I have $50? or do I still owe $100?

that's what's happening when we buy our own bonds.

Except we lose money to the red tape that's involved in moving money around.

ok, Ill explain again.

You owed $100 before, you owe $100 now.

If the national debt is $14.3 trillion and tomorrow the Fed buys $1 trillion of US Treasuries from JPM, the national debt is still $14.3 trillion.

ok, Ill explain again.

If the national debt is $14.3 trillion and tomorrow the Fed buys $1 trillion of US Treasuries from JPM, the national debt is still $14.3 trillion.

but you borrowed from yourself and devalued your dollar.

The $14T stays about the same, but the money you have on you isn't worth what it was.

ok, Ill explain again.

but you borrowed from yourself and devalued your dollar.

The $14T stays about the same, but the money you have on you isn't worth what it was.

The $14T stays exactly the same when the Fed buys bonds. And if you've devalued the currency, the $14T is easier to pay back.

When does life begin?
At conception. From that moment, the fetus is a genetically distinct human being.
Where's the material gain, i.e., profit, in abortion?
“You can make a lot of money doing abortions,” revealed Anthony Levantino, a former abortion provider. “In my practice, we were averaging between $250 and $500 per abortion [in the 1980s]—and it was cash. It is the one time as a doctor you can say, ‘Either pay me up front or I’m not going to take care of you…. Either you have the money or you don’t.’”

It’s About Money Former abortion clinic owner Carol Everett was asked, “What is the governing force behind the abortion industry?”

Norma McCorvey, who was the “Jane Roe” of Roe v. Wade, recalled her experience working in an abortion clinic. “It was just a racket,” she said. “[The doctor] was just doing it for the money. He didn’t care about the women….”

--

From 1997 to 2005, Planned Parenthood’s own annual reports reveal that the abortion industry behemoth netted profits in excess of $469 million. During this same time period, the organization collected $2.07 billion from American taxpayers in government grants and contracts.​
No. They expect money.
Do you have a credible link for life beginning at conception?
Define "human being" and "genetically distinct."

When does life begin?

--

No. They expect money.
Nothing you'd accept, because your mind is welded shut.
That's lame, even for you, moron. :lol:

If you have to ask that, you've already lost. But then, failure is your default mode.

...We had to print that money we didn't have and that devalues the dollar....
Printing money is what the government supposed to do in order to comply with the constitutional mandate to issue currency. The government can put the money into circulation by buying things, such as uniforms for the troops or buying back bonds that were sold to purchase last years uniforms.

--

No. They expect money.

If you have to ask that, you've already lost. But then, failure is your default mode.
So, Darwin...you can't prove life begins at conception?
Or provide any definition for human being?
I was expecting zero from you regarding genetically distinct:
You never fail to fail, right, killer?

Stick to killing for money and buy a bigger purse.

So, Darwin...you can't prove life begins at conception?
Or provide any definition for human being?
I was expecting zero from you regarding genetically distinct:
You never fail to fail, right, killer?

Stick to killing for money and buy a bigger purse.
Yep, I called it: "Nothing you'd accept, because your mind is welded shut."

Run along, coward.

This notion that the top 1% are strangling the economy is ridiculous, does anyone here really believe it is zero sum and that a whole bunch of low and middle class people lose money when a rich guy like Warren Buffett makes another billions dollars? And it's not just rich guys, but also lower and middle class people moving up the income ladder, they aren't doing that at somebody else's expense.

There's no question that for every dollar of economic growth the top 1% people get most of it, it's always been that way. That's cuz they have the most money to invest, so they're going to make the most profit, nothing sinister about that. If I've got a million bucks to invest and you only have a hundred, who's going to get the most money from our investments?

Is it the fault of the rich guys who are sitting on a lot of money if they don't invest it at a time of uncertainty like today? If they invest it in foreign companies for a better return or maybe for tax reasons they put it in tax sheltered accounts, are they being unpatriotic or immoral? Do you think you have a right to tell or force someone else to spend their money the way YOU want it spent?

That belief is counter to the precepts of free enterprise and the capitalistic system. Which BTW is entirely responsible for the high standard of living you enjoy today, no other economic system comes close to the success that everyone gets, from the highest to the lowest. Sure, the lowest don't get as much, but that is the incentive, that's the driving force of capitalism.

Do you believe money is a commodity?

"As this chart shows, the US is cranking out multimillionaires at a record pace with super-rich (more than $10M) households doubling in the past decade.

"What’s scary is that doubling the amount of people who have more than $10M per household (from 300K to 600K) means there’s $3,000,000,000,000 less available for the other 98% of the of the households as MONEY IS A COMMODITY and can only be possessed by one person OR another."

The Dooh Nibor Economy (that’s “Robin Hood” backwards!) | Phil

"What’s scary is that doubling the amount of people who have more than $10M per household (from 300K to 600K) means there’s $3,000,000,000,000 less available for the other 98% of the of the households...
Amazing, people actually believing in 'zero-sum' wealth --let's run with it!!!

Whoa, somebody wrote a book --what's scary is that now there are fewer books to be written by the rest of the world's population!!

Oh no, somebody discovered a new medical cure --what's scary is that now there are fewer new medicines to be discovered by the rest of the world's population!!

Aw hell, another evil musician just wrote a new song --what's scary is that now there are fewer songs that the rest of us can make up!!

I'd come up with more but then there would be fewer that the rest to y'all could post...

Forum List

Back