1/7 Americans Benefiting From Welfare/Food Stamps etc

Gee..I've been told by many liberals here that the recession ended in 2009......

It did, but the stagnant economy that has resulted from Obama's failed leadership that some euphemistically call a recovery will likely become the new norm if Obama is reelected.

So the jump in welfare that coincides with the recession, is caused by fraud, and not the recession.
:eusa_eh:

Actually, no.

1. The huge in crease is the result of having an ideologue in the people's house, who has every intention of increasing the numbers of Americans willing to consume rather than produce.

Self-reliance is to be abhorred in Obama's America.

It is one aspect of income redistribution.

2. "In fact, since
President Obama took office, federal welfare
spending has increased by 41 percent,
more
than $193 billion per year. Despite this government largess, more than 46 million Americans continue to live in poverty. Despite nearly $15
trillion in total welfare spending since Lyndon
Johnson declared war on poverty in 1964, the
poverty rate is perilously close to where we began more than 40 years ago.

3. Throwing money at the problem has neither
reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient."

Scribd

4. "….the dramatically larger increase also suggests that part
of the program’s growth is due to conscious
policy choices by this administration
to ease
eligibility rules and expand caseloads….income limits for eligibility have
risen twice as fast as inflation since 2007
and are now roughly 10 percent higher than
they were when Obama took office. Casey Mulligan, “The Sharp Increase in
the Food Stamps Program,”
Economix,
Casey B. Mulligan: The Sharp Increase in the Food Stamps Program - NYTimes.com

Got it, Obama is forcing people to apply for assistance.

No....and it's clear you'll never get it.

There are large numbers of folks who will take what is offered for free....Obama and the Leftists use this character flaw to control people.

For folks like you, no perq is necessary: he simply tells you to jump, and you ask how high.

The number of recipients drawing benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps, has hit an all-time high, with a record 46.7 million Americans now benefiting from the program. Participation in SNAP has been greater than 46 million all year, as unemployment remains persistently above the 8-percent mark.

Food-stamp spending has more than doubled during President Obama’s tenure to a record $75.7 billion in the fiscal year that ended September 2011. Spending on SNAP totaled $6.2 billion this June, nearly half a percent higher than May and 2.8 percent more than in June 2011.

“For many in the Silent Generation, relying on ‘welfare’ or any type of public assistance is not acceptable,” one mini-script asserts. “This generation of ‘self-sacrifice’ was raised to be independent and self-reliant. They don’t want to ‘lose face’ in front of their peers.”

All in all, spending on the welfare program has boosted 100 percent since Obama took office, and now a startling one in seven Americans receives the benefits. Comparatively, in the 1970s, only one out of every 50 Americans was benefiting from the program

I can't post links yet I guess, but google it. Article came out yesterday. Need to get people off these programs that abuse it and get them working.

Working at what? All those jobs the tax cuts created?

What we need in this country is more hungry people. Make the food stamp qualifing imcome for food stamps 5000 dollars. Anyone making over 5k a year is not eligible for any kind of assistance.

How would that be Rehtugs. Would that make enough hungry kids for you?

And a limit on the benefit amount of lets say......100 dollars a month.

Would that make enough hungry people for you rethugs?

If any of you food stamp hating rethugs have a better idea, lets hear it.

What we need in this country is more hungry people. Make the food stamp qualifing imcome for food stamps 5000 dollars. Anyone making over 5k a year is not eligible for any kind of assistance.

Poverty is no home, no food, no heat.

Know any folks that fit that description?
No?

You've been played....

No?

You've been played....

No one elected you poverty definition maker.

All of this anecdotal evidence is nice. But, can anyone tell me how many abusers there are with a more scientific approach?

here is some more anecdotal evidence.

About every person I have ever known about that uses EBT smokes cigs and buys booze.

Oh yes and has a cell phone and cable TV and...........

Well, you get my drift.

They sure as hell won't deprive themselves of anything.

But i'm sure you can supply us with figures of those that do not abuse the system.

Last edited:
gop-jobs-TS_n.jpg

jobs-bill-vote_not-1.jpg

oh look. ^

a soup kitchen during the FDR administration

No?

You've been played....

No one elected you poverty definition maker.

Sure did.

The most important of determiner of definition:

Veritas.

I'm not willing to let folks like Biden and Pelosi tell me what the truth is.....
...you are?
Because they were 'elected'??????

oh look. ^

a soup kitchen during the FDR administration

Democrat Obfuscation Debacle: Overspending!

You omitted something very important: stimulus spent per job: $300,000 each.

That's looney tunes, and you're the problem with wild-willed omissions and whining without understanding what the Democrat Party is doing in the name of joblessness--creating a cave economy that will destroy this nation and every third world nation we help.

Stop the madness: vote Republican and get them out in November. We can't afford the obfuscations and overspending any more.

There are large numbers of folks who will take what is offered for free....Obama and the Leftists use this character flaw to control people.

For folks like you, no perq is necessary: he simply tells you to jump, and you ask how high.

I always wonder at people who are more willing to believe the worst of Americans instead of giving them the benefit of the doubt.

No?

You've been played....

What a fucked up, elitist definition of what poverty is.

The number of recipients drawing benefits from the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), commonly known as food stamps, has hit an all-time high, with a record 46.7 million Americans now benefiting from the program. Participation in SNAP has been greater than 46 million all year, as unemployment remains persistently above the 8-percent mark.

Food-stamp spending has more than doubled during President Obama’s tenure to a record $75.7 billion in the fiscal year that ended September 2011. Spending on SNAP totaled $6.2 billion this June, nearly half a percent higher than May and 2.8 percent more than in June 2011.

“For many in the Silent Generation, relying on ‘welfare’ or any type of public assistance is not acceptable,” one mini-script asserts. “This generation of ‘self-sacrifice’ was raised to be independent and self-reliant. They don’t want to ‘lose face’ in front of their peers.”

All in all, spending on the welfare program has boosted 100 percent since Obama took office, and now a startling one in seven Americans receives the benefits. Comparatively, in the 1970s, only one out of every 50 Americans was benefiting from the program

I can't post links yet I guess, but google it. Article came out yesterday. Need to get people off these programs that abuse it and get them working.

Welcome aboard and reps your way.

All of this anecdotal evidence is nice. But, can anyone tell me how many abusers there are with a more scientific approach?

here is some more anecdotal evidence.

About every person I have ever known about that uses EBT smokes cigs and buys booze.

Oh yes and has a cell phone and cable TV and...........

Well, you get my drift.

They sure as hell won't deprive themselves of anything.

But i'm sure you can supply us with figures of those that do not abuse the system.

If they are buying booze and smokes, it's your state that bundles their benefits on top of food stamps, on the EBT card.

No?

You've been played....

well then why don't you tell us?

Why do you hate Exxon-Mobile? Corporations are people too. Just ask Mitt.

No?

You've been played....

well then why don't you tell us?

Too lazy to use a dictionary I see.

pov·er·ty   [pov-er-tee]
noun
the state or condition of having little or no money, goods, or means of support; condition of being poor. Synonyms: privation, neediness, destitution, indigence, pauperism, penury. Antonyms: riches, wealth, plenty.
deficiency of necessary or desirable ingredients, qualities, etc.: poverty of the soil. Synonyms: thinness, poorness, insufficiency.
scantiness; insufficiency: Their efforts to stamp out disease were hampered by a poverty of medical supplies. Synonyms: meagerness, inadequacy, sparseness, shortage, paucity, dearth. Antonyms: abundance, surfeit, sufficiency, bounty, glut.

OP: Thanks for the depression, obstruction, and all the outsourced goodjobs and overpriced education, a-hole Pubs and stupid dupes. See sig pp1.

Breaking: The smart people have noticed, assume the position.

Forum List

Back