1,470 paid no taxes

IRS: 1,470 millionaires paid no income tax in '09 - On Deadline - USATODAY.com

That merans they are not helping their country at a time of need.

What kind of American doesnt help their country in a time of great need?

47 percent of Americans pay no income tax. Do you think that's fair?

they're not paying any income tax because they don't have any money. i don't know what you expect to get out of them. half the country isn't making ends meet already. there's only so much more we can give the rich, man. they've already taken it all.

You're saying 47 percent of American are poor? :cuckoo:

The fact is that almost half the country pays no federal income tax and TM bitches about the .006 percent of millionaires that legally use the system to pay little or no taxes.

She's not picking a very good subject to try and make a point. Especially when the top 5 percent of wage earners pay over 50 percent of the taxes.

"Meanwhile, the IRS today issued a "reminder" to "U.S. taxpayers hiding income in undisclosed offshore account": All of you sneaky people are "running out of time to take advantage of a soon-to-expire opportunity to come forward and get their taxes current." The deadline is Aug. 31."

That's nice.

So some of these freeloaders - probably the majority are actors, football players, and NBA stars - will get off their ass and pay - knock that number down to a manageable 100 or less.

Too bad we can't get some of these pimps and drug dealers to pay their share too.

Nothing more to see here folks - move along.

For the umpteenth time TM dumbass -

•In 2002 the latest year of available data, the top 5 percent of taxpayers paid more than one-half (53.8 percent) of all individual income taxes, but reported roughly one-third (30.6 percent) of income.
dude. the rich by and large earn CAPITAL GAINS, not income. of course they're reporting disproportionately low income tax.

Taxpayers who rank in the top 50 percent of taxpayers by income pay virtually all individual income taxes.
that's because they have virtually all the money.

In all years since 1990, taxpayers in this group have paid over 94 percent of all individual income taxes. In 2000, 2001, and 2002, this group paid over 96 percent of the total.
Treasury Department analysts credit President Bush's tax cuts with shifting a larger share of the individual income taxes paid to higher income taxpayers. In 2005, says the Treasury, when most of the tax cut provisions are fully in effect (e.g., lower tax rates, the $1,000 child credit, marriage penalty relief), the projected tax share for lower-income taxpayers will fall, while the tax share for higher-income taxpayers will rise.

•The share of taxes paid by the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers will fall from 4.1 percent to 3.6 percent.

•The share of taxes paid by the top 1 percent of taxpayers will rise from 32.3 percent to 33.7 percent.

•The average tax rate for the bottom 50 percent of taxpayers falls by 27 percent as compared to a 13 percent decline for taxpayers in the top 1 percent.

It's obvious people of your ilk (welfare cases) aren't paying enough

Whip out your paycheck and stroke the IRS a check. If you don't have a checking account, send them a few foodstamps

nice bit of shellgame stuff, con. the real question is: exactly how much more of the tax burden are you hoping to shift from the ultrarich to the rest of us? are YOU ultrarich? i doubt it. the ultrarich got better things to do than call people welfare cases on the internet. so how much more of their tax burden are YOU willing to take on by making excuses for them? and more importantly, why are you shooting yourself in the foot by begging to pay the rich's taxes for them? i get that cons aren't too bright and don't really care about anyone except themselves, but it's getting to the point where they've drunk so much of the rich people's kool-aid that they don't even care about themselves anymore. it'd be funny if it weren't so sad.

First off, I'm not your dude, asswipe.

Second - what I posted, that you labeled a "shellgame" is a cut and paste from a DOT.GOV site. Surely you don't think our government is playing a shellgame, do you?

It says in your own link that they got those deductions through donating to charities as well. That means they had to donate alot. I would say thats doing a lot more for society than just paying whatever tax they owed to the government. But it never even enters your feeble mind that people can help society in other ways than just paying taxes.

Carry on, dipshit.

That's a direct result of Republican tax policy that I'm guessing you wholeheartedly supported.

Well yeah.

Those gosh darn Bush Tax cuts.

:lol:

they're not paying any income tax because they don't have any money. i don't know what you expect to get out of them. half the country isn't making ends meet already. there's only so much more we can give the rich, man. they've already taken it all.

47% of the people in America have no money?

Wow....you really are out of touch.

You're saying 47 percent of American are poor? :cuckoo:
i opened up last year's 1040 instructions and you start paying income tax at 5 grand of income. standard deduction is 5,500. now obviously with marriage exemptions etc. results may vary, but if you're making anywhere in the vicinity of 10 grand a year, yeah, i'd say poor is the word. as to whether 47 percent of the people in america are making only around that much, i only hear this 47 percent figure from cons, who lie as easily as they tell the truth, so i dunno. i have to take the cons' word for it. but since we've shifted from manufacturing to a service-based economy and decimated the unions, and service jobs tend to pay around 10 bucks an hour, give or take, yeah, maybe you're right. maybe 47 percent of the country IS poor. but when you say 47 percent of the country pays no income tax, YOU'RE saying almost half the country is poor. that's what YOUR con ass is saying, not me.

47% of the people in America have no money?

i'm not the one parroting this 47% figure, you cons are. i've never verified it and i don't know the source, i just know all you cons say the same thing, that 47% of the people don't pay income tax. well, you have to be ridiculously poor or rediculously rich not to pay ANY income tax, if that's not your explanation for how half the country isn't paying income tax and somehow a lot of people in the middle and stable working classes aren't paying tax and should pay more, what's YOUR explanation for how they're doing that?

These people make enough in one year to support themselves for the rest of their lives.

The people you are cutting services for barely make it at all.

The heart of the current right wing voter is a heart of cold dead stone

You obviously have never known wealth. Those of us that are worth millions take all the risk and have many people depending on us for their livelihood. If we were to go broke, then hundreds if not thousands of employees and their families would suffer.

Stop looking at life like a welfare queen.

Risk indeed. All most wealthy people ever 'risk' financially is money they can afford to risk. What's the risk of starting a family, buying a house, etc., for a couple on middle income wages working jobs that might disappear any minute?

What's more pathetic than rich people whining about all the risk they're taking?

they're not paying any income tax because they don't have any money. I don't know what you expect to get out of them. Half the country isn't making ends meet already. There's only so much more we can give the rich, man. They've already taken it all.

47% of the people in america have no money?

i'm not the one parroting this 47% figure, you cons are. I've never verified it and i don't know the source, i just know all you cons say the same thing, that 47% of the people don't pay income tax. Well, you have to be ridiculously poor or rediculously rich not to pay any income tax, if that's not your explanation for how half the country isn't paying income tax and somehow a lot of people in the middle and stable working classes aren't paying tax and should pay more, what's your explanation for how they're doing that?
that figure was from the government

First off I'm wondering if it's possible they paid no taxes because they didn't make any money that year and past that (I’m not defending them) what would the combined possible taxes collected amount to? Would it even pay for 1/100th of what Obama is spending in Libya or Pakistan killing civilians? Why does TM never bitch about the wars, maybe because when you kill people with a different color skin than hers she has no interest.

Forum List

Back