1/3rd of Women in US Military Raped, 90 Percent Reported Sexual Harassment

I was in the Navy for 20 years and 5 days. In that 20 years I only knew of one Wave that was actually raped and this was not done by another service member but by a civilian out in town. Not sure where you got your information but I consider it "suspect" at best. I had knowledge of lots of "hanky pankey" going on in the service between service members but never aware of any that wasn't welcomed or not ended appropriately if it wasn't desired. I'm not claiming that rape doesn't happen but I think your numbers are way too high.

Wave?????? You are that old?

I've always said women don't belong in the military for a TON of reasons. A lot of men argue with that but I don't care, police, firemen, troops...If I call the police because my house is being broken into by a huge thug and a woman shows up, I'm gonna be ticked off. I can shoot straight too, what I need is that aggressive male mind to take control of the situation with the shoulders to back it up. Same thing on the battleground. And I don't think the scent of Chanel #5 in a life or death situation is going to help matters.

This is not to say that any woman in the military is at fault. Far from it. But it's still a BAD PLAN. I've never been in the military but (forgive me if I'm wrong) but it seems like the military is geared toward football locker-room mentality...women probably wouldn't fare well there either
What if it were this woman?

chris-cyborg-santos.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ati01vPlvJI]YouTube - Cris "Cyborg" Santos Fights - Hitman Fight Gear[/ame]

I've always said women don't belong in the military for a TON of reasons. A lot of men argue with that but I don't care, police, firemen, troops...If I call the police because my house is being broken into by a huge thug and a woman shows up, I'm gonna be ticked off. I can shoot straight too, what I need is that aggressive male mind to take control of the situation with the shoulders to back it up. Same thing on the battleground. And I don't think the scent of Chanel #5 in a life or death situation is going to help matters.

This is not to say that any woman in the military is at fault. Far from it. But it's still a BAD PLAN. I've never been in the military but (forgive me if I'm wrong) but it seems like the military is geared toward football locker-room mentality...women probably wouldn't fare well there either

I love this attitude. Don't go after the rapists and harassers...blame the women for....for....existing. Maybe you would like to suggest we wear veils next so the men won't be tempted?

It's a shame that the jent is a Christian; she'd be a huge hit in Saudi Arabia. :lol:

"No, it's okay, officer -- I should be stoned to death for being raped. Boys will be boys!"

I've always said women don't belong in the military for a TON of reasons.

Fortunately, not all women are so self-loathing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDCJSkXMhlg]YouTube - Mujahidat from Dagestan[/ame]

you know, you asked for thoughts, sgt gives you personal experience and the first thing you do is shit on it. if you don't want opinions or personal experiences, don't ask for it and don't create strawman like you did.

so, based on your opinion, do you think that survey is without a doubt 100% accurate and is representative of ALL women who have ever served?

I wasn't shitting on anything. I was asking him if a question on his personal belief for the subject.

I never said the survey is without 100% accurate and is representative of all women who have ever served but even according to the polls not all women have been harassed or raped.

And even as you admitted in a later post, the DoD admits they have a huge problem on their hands.

YOu obviously never met any strong women, and I know many women who could kick many men's ass. And as a women who played sports most of her life, I can tell you I am more aggressive and competitive than some men. Go watch a WNBA game or even women's college basketball. I played co ed bball for a few years and was never cloths lined by a guy, when I played high school that was the secret weapon for some girls. You really need to get your head out of the sand and realize women are not all susie homemaker anymore.

If you were never clothes lined by a guy or roughed up, that doesn't really say much. Most men go out of their way when playing sports to take it easy on the girls. Nothing new... although some of you will act shocked at that statement.

YOu obviously never met any strong women, and I know many women who could kick many men's ass. And as a women who played sports most of her life, I can tell you I am more aggressive and competitive than some men. Go watch a WNBA game or even women's college basketball. I played co ed bball for a few years and was never cloths lined by a guy, when I played high school that was the secret weapon for some girls. You really need to get your head out of the sand and realize women are not all susie homemaker anymore.

:lol: I could slam dunk this post in three different categories...but for some reason, it just wouldn't be right

Okay, hon, you got me, I am in awe of your sports background. :eusa_hand: Keep playin.

:lol: I could slam dunk this post in three different categories...but for some reason, it just wouldn't be right

Okay, hon, you got me, I am in awe of your sports background. :eusa_hand: Keep playin.

translation: i've got nothing, as usual.

I knew when I posted it that I would get responses like this

meh

Women don't belong in the military. That's my opinion and I'm stickin to it.

Just the same, any man that rapes a woman should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I believe that too. Make ya happy?

Except I'm believing less and less in prison time though. I think instead they should set up a fund for all single moms and their kids and anyone convicted of rape should be forced to pay 1/4 of their income to it for many years, to be distributed to the most in need.

I believe this because I put a man away for many years in the state pen, and it freaks me out that he probably came out of there far more criminally and violently inclined than when he went in. I'm glad I didn't let him get away with it but putting him in the state pen and who he became because of it...I don't see how that was a win.

Okay, line up, blast away
blah.gif

noooooooo, I just am not in the mood to brag about trophies, belts and being the most photographed co-ed softball player in Mammoth Lakes.

noooooooo, I just am not in the mood to brag about trophies, belts and being the most photographed co-ed softball player in Mammoth Lakes.

yeah, i can see that.

:rolleyes:

How many of these are likely false reports in an attempt for the woman to get out of the military, because she wasn't aware it was going to be "so hard"?

I've always said women don't belong in the military for a TON of reasons.

Fortunately, not all women are so self-loathing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDCJSkXMhlg]YouTube - Mujahidat from Dagestan[/ame]

#1 Why would you assume I'm self loathing? I just know how men, some who already have questionable standards, placed on the battlefield fighting for their lives at times, having been psychologically conditioned to be hardened to emotions and sensitivies....it's just tipping the scale for disaster. Not excusing it, just sayin you throw women in there and its just foolish IMO, and women pay the price.

#2 In the video, "aiming the kuffar"? wow, not even pretending to fight for, oh, anything like freedom, just aiming your machine guns at unbelievers of Allah? Did I miss something or did you?

Last edited:
How many of these are likely false reports in an attempt for the woman to get out of the military, because she wasn't aware it was going to be "so hard"?

Well, I've never seen a woman be able to get out of the military over harassment or rape, Dis. So, I'd say "none."

How many women in the Military do you know? Of those, how many claimed rape, or sexual harassment, had their claim investigated, found to be true, and were made to stay in the Military and finish their term?

Would that be "none"?

Well, I've never seen a woman be able to get out of the military over harassment or rape, Dis. So, I'd say "none."

How many women in the Military do you know? Of those, how many claimed rape, or sexual harassment, had their claim investigated, found to be true, and were made to stay in the Military and finish their term?

Would that be "none"?

Um, I've been an Admin officer and a Legal officer. I think I know a little about what can qualify someone for an Admin Discharge. And you?

I was a Leader. A Section head, a Maintenance Chief, A Company Gunny and ran Enlisted and Officer single Housing for a year. And NEVER once did any female ever come to me and tell me they were sexually assaulted. I was an Instructor on an Army Base for 4 years where for a while I was in charge of the Troop Barracks that is the only time anyone ever came to me with a sexual Harassment complaint. I got her in touch with the right people though I doubt it went far since she had all kind of discipline problems and was accusing the guy that had my job before me. The one that had to write all her idiotic problems up. That was also where I knew the other Army female that claimed harassment ohh and also racism. Of course her problem was complicated by the fact she was claiming the Instructor was racist against orientals and his wife was oriental.

I knew who she was because we got instructed to NEVER be in a room alone with her. She tried to corner me once. I got up and went into the hallway to have our discussion.

RGS, there probably are some false claims and maybe hopefuls looking to get out or even just transferred. But there are probably plenty of abuses that go on that they just don't want to talk about and are trying hard to forget happened...or maybe planning their own revenge, and I bet some got it.

How stupid is that, to rape a woman who you know is going to have a gun in your presence possibly in places a little isolated...

Last edited:
Women don't belong in the military.

How can you broad brush that much? I will admit, the military isn't for every woman...but then again it isn't for every man either. I laugh at the thought of my ex-wife in the military. She would be in a foxhole and call a time out so she and a friend could go use the bathroom together. My current wife, well, she would just tell the drill sergeant to go to hell.

That being said, my 12+ years in the service, i served side by side some very competent women, and would never have given a second thought to serve with them again if it were my choice.

-TSO

Forum List

Back