1/3rd of Women in US Military Raped, 90 Percent Reported Sexual Harassment

My conversation with left wing idiots.

Left wing idiot: Look at this link 120% of women get raped in the military

Me: Your link from www.ilovebullshit.com isn't a credible link and doesn't back up anything it says

How about providing a credible source?

Left wing idiot: What's the point? You ain't going to believe it anyway. Like you back up anything you say about women in the Israeli military?

Me: Well actually I did. My sources was testimony before a congressional committee by an Israeli general, a senior Israeli official, an Israeli historian that teaches in a war college, and another Israeli historian who was an Israeli reserviost?

Left wing idiot? What's the matter? Afraid of strong women?

Me: What a moron :cuckoo:

Left wing idiot: DUH
You never did admit that the DoD's statistics were slanted. Doesn't say much about you.

Nobody can prove anything from your experiences you dumbass. Why don't you show your stupidity again and try to pass off acronyms of administrative categories of documents as "Security Clearances."

Were you a PS for the whole 22 years? No. From your posts you don't exactly send the message you are very bright but you do send the message of beng astronomically ignorant and completely fucking obsessed with telling people you were a glorified paper chasing babysitter for 22 years. You're so fucking self centered you try to claim your minuscule experiences somehow compete with all the studies done on this issue. Holy fuck man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM]YouTube - Stripes - Don't Call Me Francis[/ame]

Oh my God is that stupid fuck curvelight still answering my posts? Fucking dumbass. Is he so stupid that he doesn't understand the only time I see his stupidity is when someone else posts it? I shouldn't have asked that, I know he is.

You gave me Rep points in the last day or so. You can't do that for a poster on an ignore list.

I talked to my son whose wife is regular army and came home after 6 months in Afghanistan because of an incident I won't share on the board. Now the rest of her unit is back and it's her FEMALE superiors who are giving her shit. They don't want to give her her medal for serving in Afghanistan, they switch out her days off and give them to other people, they yell at her continually and call her stupid.

My son says it's the women who are giving her the worst time at this point. They of course don't know why it was that she transferred back home, and she doesn't want to share, but they're making her life a living hell. It breaks my heart.

I would never suggest that rapes and sexual harrassment doesn't happen in the military. The problem I have is when people seem to assume that the military shouldn't follow the same type of statistics that the civilian world does. Rape happens in and outside of the military, that can't be stopped imo. All the military can do is give instruction and direction to the troops, ultimately, it's up to the troops to follow the orders. If they do not, they should be convicted for their actions.

-TSO

I would never suggest that rapes and sexual harrassment doesn't happen in the military. The problem I have is when people seem to assume that the military shouldn't follow the same type of statistics that the civilian world does. Rape happens in and outside of the military, that can't be stopped imo. All the military can do is give instruction and direction to the troops, ultimately, it's up to the troops to follow the orders. If they do not, they should be convicted for their actions.

-TSO

The military cannot follow the same statistics. It's a whole other world.

They come from the same society. There will always be instances of idiots slipping through the cracks of enlistment and commissioning.

-TSO

They come from the same society. There will always be instances of idiots slipping through the cracks of enlistment and commissioning.

-TSO

People in prison come from the same society. Do you think they are the same worlds? It is not hyperbole to point out it's a different world from civilian life. Ie. A civilian rape victim has different venues therefore the reporting rate is going to be higher because there is no immediate threat of retaliation or being ostracized. She can choose her environment but in the military there is no breathing room to choose environments. As the investigation proceeds she is subject to informal retaliation and trapped in the same place. In the civilian world there are ostensible forms of encouragement to report the crime but in the military it is taboo and discouraged.

Me: Your link from www.ilovebullshit.com isn't a credible link and doesn't back up anything it says

Left wing idiot: What's the point? You ain't going to believe it anyway. Like you back up anything you say about women in the Israeli military?

Me: Well actually I did. My sources was testimony before a congressional committee by an Israeli general, a senior Israeli official, an Israeli historian that teaches in a war college, and another Israeli historian who was an Israeli reserviost?

You never did admit that the DoD's statistics were slanted. Doesn't say much about you.

Which statistics?

Pubic?

Going back to the OP, I have to agree with Retiredgysgt. We were the same rank in different branches. As a platoon Sergeant in the Army I would have either been told by the female or heard the rumors and guy talk. As it was in 22 years I knew of one actual rape in another company and had 3 or 4 reports of sexual harassment. I don't know where all these numbers came from but you can't prove them from my experiences.

And someone else posted a link that the DoD themselves said that 90% of all rapes go unreported. Thoughts on that?
How the fuck do they estimate something like that? :confused:

☭proletarian☭;1952936 said:
Going back to the OP, I have to agree with Retiredgysgt. We were the same rank in different branches. As a platoon Sergeant in the Army I would have either been told by the female or heard the rumors and guy talk. As it was in 22 years I knew of one actual rape in another company and had 3 or 4 reports of sexual harassment. I don't know where all these numbers came from but you can't prove them from my experiences.

And someone else posted a link that the DoD themselves said that 90% of all rapes go unreported. Thoughts on that?

It's called an anonymous survey.

☭proletarian☭;1952936 said:

Interesting choice of words...

Forum List

Back