1.3 Billion

Originally posted by brneyedgrl80
And who exactly would be the majority? It would seem to me that "the few" are also a small group of people just as is the majority as you so call it.

Seems to me that if there are more than 400,000 members that belong to the ACLU and even more non-members that support the ACLU, it cannot be as small as some people would like to think. So actually, they are defending the rights of many.

A majority is the group with most individuals. 400,000 members is what percentage of the U.S. population? Again I say, they are fighting for the rights of the few by taking away the rights of the many and going to extremely ridiculous extents to do so. Looks more like trying to justify the existance of the ACLU than the pursuit of equal rights.

I kind of agree with you.... I think.... :cof:

Holy moly. Do you remember what I said to flasher? Pinch me please!

Originally posted by proud_savagette
That isn't true, though. the one major time Jesus actually got pissed off was when the government was interfering with religion, do you recall?
"Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all those engaged in selling and buying there. He overturned the tables of money changers and the seats of those who were selling doves. And he said to them, 'It is written My house shall be a house of prayer, but you are making it a den of thieves. ~ Mathhew 21:12
The only real place where he says anything about separation of church and state is concerning paying taxes to the empreror: Then the Pharisees went off and plotted how they might entrap him in speech. They sent their disciples to him, with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that You are a truthful man and that You teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. And You are not concerned with anyone's opinion, for You do not regard a person's status. Tell us, then, what is Your opinion: Is it lawful to pay the census tax to Caesar or not?" Knowing their malice, Jesus said, "Why are you testing Me, you hypocrites? Show Me the coin that pays the census tax." Then they handed Him the Roman coin. He said to them, "Whose image is this and whose inscription?" They replied, "Caesar's." At that He said to them, "Then repay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God." When they heard this they were amazed, and leaving Him they went away." ~Matthew 22:15-22
I don't recollect reading anything in there that implies not being able to pray at school.

Well, you pretty much said it yourself.
At that He said to them, "Then repay to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God."

Which clearly states that Jesus wanted nothing to do with the government of Cesear. Even if Jesus got "pissed off" he still did not mix religion with government.

As far as prayer in public schools, that would be mixing religion and government. Where do public schools get the majority of their funding? And where does the majority of the money come from to build public schools? It's all government related, either through the city or through the state. Which according to my friend, should not be mixed because Jesus did not mix his affairs with Cesears.

Originally posted by dilloduck
A majority is the group with most individuals. 400,000 members is what percentage of the U.S. population? Again I say, they are fighting for the rights of the few by taking away the rights of the many and going to extremely ridiculous extents to do so. Looks more like trying to justify the existance of the ACLU than the pursuit of equal rights.

I don't think they need to justify their exsistance if they have been around since 1920. Seems to me that they are needed by people.

Check this out and see for yourself what they are all about:

http://www.aclu.org/about/aboutmain.cfm

And the ACLU bends over backwards trying to help these people who get offended. Why don't you have a shrink you can refer these people too?

Because I'm not the one concerned about "the few", you are. I would recommend you doing the leg work and finding these people a shrink so that they no longer infringe on your civil liberities. Or better yet, if you feel that your or other peoples civil liberties are threatened in any way, you should contact the ACLU.

Because I'm not the one concerned about "the few", you are. I would recommend you doing the leg work and finding these people a shrink so that they no longer infringe on your civil liberities. Or better yet, if you feel that your or other peoples civil liberties are threatened in any way, you should contact the ACLU.

Do you think the ACLU would defend me if my Second amendment rights were violated? How about if I was told that I couldn't pray to Jesus on a public street corner? Ihighly doubt it.

As posted somewhere above, unless the city had laws prohibiting prayer on the public sidewalk, I would sincerely doubt that anyone would say anything to you.

As for your second amendment rights. Why don't you call the ACLU and tell them how your rights were violated. They may consider it.

Let me know how it goes.... :rolleyes:

Because I'm not the one concerned about "the few", you are. I would recommend you doing the leg work and finding these people a shrink so that they no longer infringe on your civil liberities. Or better yet, if you feel that your or other peoples civil liberties are threatened in any way, you should contact the ACLU. [/QUOTE

The ACLU legal assists those would would take away my rights. Why would I go to them? Just face it--the ACLU is a puppet of the libs that encourages judicial activism.

Arizona might pay 1.3 billion for illegal immigrants, but they get paid about 1.3 billion from those same immigrants, so it's not a big problem.

California has the highest number of illegal immigrants in the US, and the experts say that they don't cost the state any money. They ride the buses (which they pay for), they pay sales tax every time they buy something, they pay rent, they pay property taxes, etc. All in all, their labor contributes to our communities just like the labor of citizens does, and they cost about the same amount as they contribute.

So, the prediction that the US will look like Mexico when the money runs out is misguided.

Forum List

Back