1.3 Billion

Originally posted by menewa
This is just history coming around fulll circle. Texas was once part of Mexico not too long ago after all. What makes it even more relevant to completing the circle is the fact that many Mexicans and others from Latin America have some American Indian blood coursing through their modern veins. It was the land of their ancestors way before it became the land of mine. But it won't be like we turn into Mexico or Guatemala or anything. They assimilate very quickly, just like the waves and waves of European immigrants did. Most first generation Latino immigrants can't even speak Spanish anymore. They immediately love big cars and fast food and all other things American. Don't hate 'em. Embrace them and say hello new brother or sister, you've made it to America, the land of freedom and liberty. Enjoy your new life.

I couldn't DISagree more, especially with the part about assimilation. I don't know where you live in Texas, or where your getting your information from about them assimilating quickly.

The truth is most of them don't assimilate AT ALL!! Many of them live their daily live's in cities surrounded by other mexican immigrants, speaking spanish at home, spanish at work, reading a spanish local newspaper, stopping by at a restarant where everyone speaks spanish, listening to spanish radio on the drive home, and then turning on their TV and watching spanish Television networks.

The TRUTH is: Many of them who have been here for 10, 15, 20 years don't even speake' any ingle' as they put it. (ME NO SPEKE' INGLE') And truthfully, I think they do this on purpose.

I work at a gas station, in a non-immigrant community just miles away from Santa Ana, where I get the occasional mexican customer passing by. They come in and tell me where they want thier gas in spanish. For example: Deis ala numero dos. (something like that) instead of ten on number 2. What the fuck?
When I was in elementary school they taught me how to say 1-10 in spanish, yet here is a full grown adult, probably has lived here for years, yet can't or won't use english to say 10 on 2. I am positive that many of them can speak decent english but refuse to try...Anyways, I refuse to give em thier gas unless they can tell me in english. Even when I know what their saying. I just turn em away.

It is their belief that WE should learn their language, instead of them learning ours. That is very selfish thing. But yet they are our brothers? No brother of mine would act like that.....

I live in Austin TX and I see very little if any assimialtion.They prefer thier own company and everything is written in English and Spanish so there is no need to ask a gringo for help. Many of the men have wives here AND wives in Mexico. So they travel back and forth as they please----no need to commit to either country. There are many who Have assimilated but they came a long time ago when assimilation was more essential to thier livilihood. A vast majority of them have Mexican-Indian blood flowing thru them whatever difference that makes.

Originally posted by Captain_Steel
I couldn't DISagree more, especially with the part about assimilation. I don't know where you live in Texas, or where your getting your information from about them assimilating quickly.

The truth is most of them don't assimilate AT ALL!!

I said the first generation assimilates immediately. That means the children of the initial immigrants. But you're right about the initial immigrants sometime never really learning English. But who cares, Spanish is a more logical and a more romantic language anyway.

Originally posted by OCA
In the case of farm workers and farmers if all illegals were deported most farmers(produce mostly) would simply go out of business because they cannot afford high wages. These guys operate on a very slim profit margin if they make any profit at all as most of their money they make goes back to paying off the loan they took out in order to plant and seed. We would have a major food crisis in America especially since 25% of the nation's produce comes from California.

The problem there IMHO is the farms shouldn't be so close to being on the brink that they can't afford to pay proper wages.

Originally posted by menewa
I said the first generation assimilates immediately. That means the children of the initial immigrants. But you're right about the initial immigrants sometime never really learning English. But who cares, Spanish is a more logical and a more romantic language anyway.

Maybe you should move to a Spanish speaking country if you love the language so much:D

When my grand parents came to this country they didn't speak English. But they wanted to assimilate and be an AMERICAN, not a Mexican or Russian or ___________ that lived in America. See the difference?
Maybe that's why there is so much resentment towards illegal and legal immigrants who want to reap the rewards of this country, yet not become Americans.

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
The problem there IMHO is the farms shouldn't be so close to being on the brink that they can't afford to pay proper wages.

I'm not exactly sure as to the reasons why but for the most part and especially in the case of wheat and milk the price has been so low that what they can sell it for on the open market doesn't even cover operating costs.

Farming used to be a profitable, family supporting business but all you see anymore are farms being foreclosed on and the stuff auctioned off. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how it got this way, anybody know?

But really, how many of us know legal Americans that are going to toil from sunup to sunset picking vegetables in 100 degree weather for lets say 8.00/hr without benefits?

Originally posted by OCA
I'm not exactly sure as to the reasons why but for the most part and especially in the case of wheat and milk the price has been so low that what they can sell it for on the open market doesn't even cover operating costs.

Farming used to be a profitable, family supporting business but all you see anymore are farms being foreclosed on and the stuff auctioned off. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how it got this way, anybody know?

But really, how many of us know legal Americans that are going to toil from sunup to sunset picking vegetables in 100 degree weather for lets say 8.00/hr without benefits?

I'm not a farm expert by no means. My real question that I alluded to earlier:
If you rounded up all of the illegals who are doing the menial jobs (like you mentioned) and they were deported, the market would have to adjust. Why is that so bad? The tables still need bussed and the crops picked......

Originally posted by JIHADTHIS
I'm not a farm expert by no means. My real question that I alluded to earlier:
If you rounded up all of the illegals who are doing the menial jobs (like you mentioned) and they were deported, the market would have to adjust. Why is that so bad? The tables still need bussed and the crops picked......

Oh the market would adjust but that doesn't happen overnight, it takes several years for the ripple effect to take hold. Many farms and ranches would fail and it would be detrimental to several state's economies as well as the countries economy. Like I said California supplies 25% of the country's produce.

I'm not for criminal illegals staying either but why not say hey lets give these ones who've been here a while and been law abiding a one time amnesty chance to get registered, start paying taxes and begin the citizenship process all the while doing whatever is neccessary to stem the tide of new ones coming in. Needless to say the ones here with a record back to Mexico they go. Believe me farmers and ranchers would bust their asses getting their workers all legalized.

Originally posted by OCA
I'm not for criminal illegals staying either but why not say hey lets give these ones who've been here a while and been law abiding a one time amnesty chance to get registered, start paying taxes and begin the citizenship process all the while doing whatever is neccessary to stem the tide of new ones coming in. Needless to say the ones here with a record back to Mexico they go. Believe me farmers and ranchers would bust their asses getting their workers all legalized.

For one simple reason... if we did that, then it's a SLAP IN THE FACE to all the people that immigrate to this country LEGALY! If we start handing out "GET OUT OF JAIL FREE" cards, what reason will others wanting to enter America have to do it LEGALY?

More important things on the agenda now. Close the borders!! Let the illegals manage however they manage but damn it SHUT EM DOWN. A terrorist can walk to my kids school from Mexico!

Gee, I wonder how America ever made without illegal aliens?

Originally posted by Big D
Gee, I wonder how America ever made without illegal aliens?

At one time nobody was illegal. Everone got crapped on by the rich folk..........

Originally posted by pegwinn
At one time nobody was illegal. Everone got crapped on by the rich folk..........
This statement has no meaning, what are you even talking about?

[quote: ]Originally posted by pegwinn
At one time nobody was illegal. Everone got crapped on by the rich folk.......... [/quote]
Originally posted by Big D
This statement has no meaning, what are you even talking about?

Ok I will type slower........
the thread
discussed illegal aliens and how
they were employed knowingly
and taken advantage of
Then dillo commented on prisoners

I made the point that
it wasn't so long ago that there was no controlled immigration (follow me now)
and everyone got crapped on by greedy employers

didja get it or do I need to type
even
slower

Forum List

Back