1/28/12 - Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) Delivers Weekly GOP Address On The Promise Of Ameri

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
:clap2:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUD_jxv5ygw&feature=player_embedded]1/28/12 - Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) Delivers Weekly GOP Address On The Promise Of America - YouTube[/ame]

I love Rubio. Romney, Rubio would be a winning ticket, but I sure would like to see a Gingrich, Allen West ticket.

I have to give credit to the GOP.

They manage to (somehow) sell themselves as the "party of the people" to certain people even though they're the champions of the very policies that enriched the wealthy even as those self same policies undercut the security of the working class. Then when those policies (like deregulation) bring ruination, they demonized the opposition for the continued decline that was inevitable in much the same way as one can't simply stop a speeding truck on a highway once a problem is seen up ahead.

Getting working class Americans who have experienced job losses, foreclosures, and declines in their retirement funds to yell 'class warfare' (in defense of the rich) even after the wealthy have experienced historic tax cuts and unprecedented gains in their share of the national wealthy and a greater disparity of income inequality (in favor of the wealthiest Americans) is a trick that even Houdini couldn't pull off.

Last edited:

They manage to (somehow) sell themselves as the "party of the people" to certain people even though they're the champions of the very policies that enriched the wealthy even as those self same policies undercut the security of the working class. Then when those policies (like deregulation) bring ruination, they demonized the opposition for the continued decline that was inevitable in much the same way as one can't simple stop a speeding truck on a highway once a problem is seen up ahead.

Getting working class Americans who have experienced job losses, foreclosures, and declines in their retirement funds to yell 'class warfare' (in defense of the rich) even after the wealthy have experienced historic tax cuts and unprecedented gains in their share of the national wealthy and a greater disparity of income inequality (in favor of the wealthiest Americans) is a trick that even Houdini couldn't pull off.

Democrats want us all to be poor, and rely on government to 'help' us. Republican should be the party that want to take the poor out of poverty and up to the (mythical) middle class.... and move that 'middle class' up to wealthy. Hand up, not hand out.

They manage to (somehow) sell themselves as the "party of the people" to certain people even though they're the champions of the very policies that enriched the wealthy even as those self same policies undercut the security of the working class. Then when those policies (like deregulation) bring ruination, they demonized the opposition for the continued decline that was inevitable in much the same way as one can't simple stop a speeding truck on a highway once a problem is seen up ahead.

Democrats want us all to be poor, and rely on government to 'help' us. Republican should be the party that want to take the poor out of poverty and up to the (mythical) middle class.... and move that 'middle class' up to wealthy. Hand up, not hand out.

Should? Implying they're not?

I would have to agree.

Should? Implying they're not?

I would have to agree.

I don't imply it, I say it. The reason I don't support the GOP (as a party) is precisely that. Most of them are not worthy of my support. Rubio absolutely is. It would be great if the GOP would return to their strengths... which was to be the party that seeks to pull the poor up, and the middle class up.... because that is the alternative to the Democrats with their 'keep 'em poor to keep 'em Democrat'.

That's the kind of patently absurd statement that only serves to obfuscate the issues.

Something I left out of my previous statement is this whole issue of less regulation. Less (and lax) regulation is what allowed banks to game the system in the first place.

Who do you think benefits from further deregulation and the elimination of Dodd/Frank like is being advocated by the GOP every time they get a chance to talk about their agenda on camera? You? Your working class and middle class friends? Better think again. The people and institutions that will benefit from it are the very ones who benefited from it the first time around as those record profits were rolling in right up until the house of cards came crashing down.

Last edited:
Marco Rubio said in his speech that we must allow more people to come here legally. We allow two million people to come here legally every year ( which is about 1,990,000 too many).How many people does he think we should allow to come here legally each year---100 miilion??? He also said that we should have more guest worker programs--while we have an unemployment rate of almost 10% for USA citizens.Needless to say --I am not a Rubio fan.In fact--I am not a fan of anyone in the two major parties . We must take back our country from the two major parties who are hellbent on destroying this nation.

Secure our borders with armed military.
Deport all illegals.
Do away with the birthright law.
Stop chain migration.

That's the kind of patently absurd statement that only serves to obfuscate the issues.

Something I left out of my previous statement is this whole issue of less regulation. Less (and lax) regulation is what allowed banks to game the system in the first place.
Who do you think benefits from further deregulation and the elimination of Dodd/Frank like is being advocated by the GOP every time they get a chance to talk about their agenda on camera? You? Your working class and middle class friends? Better think again. The people and institutions that will benefit from it are the very ones who benefited from it the first time around as those record profits were rolling in right up until the house of cards came crashing down.

What regulations might that be? So far all you have is talking points.

So, you get to accuse the GOP of wanting to pander to the wealth, of racism, of hating immigration... and you think you have the moral high ground to tell me what is 'patently absurd'?

Get your own house in order before you bitch at me.

I don't acknowledge 'class'. I am not manipulated into 'hating' people because they have more or less than I do. I leave that to the intellectually challenged on the left.

Forum List

Back