1,200 LAX workers expected to strike, preventing family visits over Thanksgiving

Politicskid

Nov 17, 2012
This is why public employee unions have got to go...they are too powerful. Tomorrow, tens of thousands of people will likely be unable to visit family over Thanksgiving or heavily delayed due to a strike at Los Angeles Intel. In addition, the strike could cause delays and cancellations all across the transportation network. The employees claim they need more healthcare, but it's just unethical to strike when you work for the only service of your kind in your city, especially when it'll prevent people from seeing family on Thanksgiving. Take a look at the union leaders excuses in an interview today:

1,200 workers expected to strike at LAX ahead of Thanksgiving | Fox News Video

The state needs to act and make these strikes illegal.

Last edited:
The unions have already started shutting down traffic around LAX. It will no doubt make the unions far more sympathetic.

Yeah keep thousands of Americans from their families that'll teach those management bastards...wait what.....

It doesn't matter if they're union or not. Send em' packing.

Last edited:
This is why public employee unions have got to go.

While I agree public sector unions should not exist (FDR felt the same btw), this is a private sector union (SEIU) blocking traffic into LAX. Basically, the service workers at LAX voted to dump the union, which they did. SEIU is all butthurt over this, so they decided to throw a tantrum and screw up everyone's holiday. Ought to garner them lots of sympathy...:doubt:

This is why public employee unions have got to go...they are too powerful. Tomorrow, tens of thousands of people will likely be unable to visit family over Thanksgiving or heavily delayed due to a strike at Los Angeles Intel. In addition, the strike could cause delays and cancellations all across the transportation network. The employees claim they need more healthcare, but it's just unethical to strike when you work for the only service of your kind in your city, especially when it'll prevent people from seeing family on Thanksgiving. Take a look at the union leaders excuses in an interview today:

Bullshit! None of these threats to strike come out of the blue like you and idiots like you would like the public to believe. There are months of negotiations before it ever comes to that. Stop lying. The airline operators had every opportunity to come to an agreement and somehow it just slipped their minds that the busiest holiday travel day was coming up?

Takes two to tango Sparky.

Bullshit! None of these threats to strike come out of the blue like you and idiots like you would like the public to believe. There are months of negotiations before it ever comes to that. Stop lying. The airline operators had every opportunity to come to an agreement and somehow it just slipped their minds that the busiest holiday travel day was coming up?

Okay, first, please refrain from profaninty. Obama and his supporters using the BS word lately. It get you no where.

Second, when did I saw that this was out of the blue? Also, it's very possible the unions demands were just plain unreasonable. This is why public employee unions should be illegal. They simply are too powerful.

They should all be fired, every one of them and denied welfare and unemployemnt

I wouldn't go that far. There are plenty of desearving unionized workers that actually don't like belonging to the union, because they are more hardworking then average and union pay scales rarely are based on anything other than age. This hinders hardworking, young people that work in unionized jobs. Some would actually get paid more without the union. This is why every state should be a right to work state.

This just in. Not only is this strike unethical, it also is unfair and partially illegal. 52% of employees have voted to kick out the union. In addition, it has been disclosed that the employer has actually been compensating employees $2 Million higher since the union was "kicked out." (Even though they're still acting like they can force employees to strike) The union actually was hindering employee wages!

In total, this strike is forecasted to delay 1.7 million Thanksgiving travelers by an average of 90 minutes, and about half will miss connections. In addition, the protest will block entrances to the terminal, causing an unknown amount of people being delayed and missing their flights.

Okay, first, please refrain from profaninty. Obama and his supporters using the BS word lately. It get you no where.

Second, when did I saw that this was out of the blue? Also, it's very possible the unions demands were just plain unreasonable. This is why public employee unions should be illegal. They simply are too powerful.

Please refrain from using bad grammar. It offends me and makes it impossible for me to read your posts.

Please refrain from using bad grammar. It offends me and makes it impossible for me to read your posts.

Really? I'm nothing compare to most of the people on here, so it seems. Now, please refute.

Forum List

Back