1/2 Of ALL Babies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MissileMan said:
mom4 said:
But how do YOU know that the Creator doesn't tell someone to end their life? What I find convoluted is the notion that we lowly humans could defy the will of a deity. If an omniscient, omnipotent being wanted something, it could not be denied.

I talk to God and read His word. This is how I know. He says you shall not murder.

God wanted us to want Him. He wants children, not puppets. His will could not be denied if WE had no free will. But He chose to give us that.

Mr. P said:
mom4 said:
I don't follow..what are you saying?

Sounds kind of like what they said in the beginning when abortion was being legalized. Making it legal would clean up some of the mess of back alley abortions. But we still hear horror stories about abortions gone wrong. The abortion rate increased year after year after Roe. Just when human life is devalued, its value keeps sinking.

mom4 said:
Mr. P said:
Sounds kind of like what they said in the beginning when abortion was being legalized. Making it legal would clean up some of the mess of back alley abortions. But we still hear horror stories about abortions gone wrong. The abortion rate increased year after year after Roe. Just when human life is devalued, its value keeps sinking.
I don't hear horror stories about abortions gone wrong. As far as rate increasing, I'd guess it's just because they are all reported now, not that there has been an increase.

MissileMan said:
mom4 said:
And all this time, all I've heard is that man is given free will. Is this not so?

What a fallacious argument. Simply because there is truth does not negate Free will. In fact without rules there cannot be free will. If there isn't a right choice, and a wrong choice. no free agency could exist.

MissileMan said:
mom4 said:
But how do YOU know that the Creator doesn't tell someone to end their life? What I find convoluted is the notion that we lowly humans could defy the will of a deity. If an omniscient, omnipotent being wanted something, it could not be denied.

Because God does not entice us to do evil. If God wanted us to die, He wouldnt have to tell us. We would be dead. With that said than logically if we are still alive, God does not want us to die. I don't think He would have sent His Son to suffer die and rise again, allowing us to live agian, if he wanted us to die and not live.

MissileMan said:
Because God does not entice us to do evil. If God wanted us to die, He wouldnt have to tell us. We would be dead. With that said than logically if we are still alive, God does not want us to die. I don't think He would have sent His Son to suffer die and rise again, allowing us to live agian, if he wanted us to die and not live.

Kinda the same point I was trying to make...except I'm arguing that if He didn't want us to die, we wouldn't. Unless you believe that a man's will can overcome that of God.

MissileMan said:
What a fallacious argument. Simply because there is truth does not negate Free will. In fact without rules there cannot be free will. If there isn't a right choice, and a wrong choice. no free agency could exist.

So exactly which rule am I breaking or upholding when I choose chocolate over vanilla? Or how about when I choose to work as opposed to collecting welfare? Or how about if I choose to decline chemotherapy and go home to die? Or, I choose to accept chemotherapy and hang around for a few more months and subject my family to the added pain of watching me die really slowly and painfully? Choices aren't always about right or wrong.

For you and others to assume the right to judge someone's ultimately personal decision to leave this planet sooner, rather than later, is egomaniacal at best. Frankly, it's none of your business.

MissileMan said:
So exactly which rule am I breaking or upholding when I choose chocolate over vanilla? Or how about when I choose to work as opposed to collecting welfare? Or how about if I choose to decline chemotherapy and go home to die? Or, I choose to accept chemotherapy and hang around for a few more months and subject my family to the added pain of watching me die really slowly and painfully? Choices aren't always about right or wrong.

For you and others to assume the right to judge someone's ultimately personal decision to leave this planet sooner, rather than later, is egomaniacal at best. Frankly, it's none of your business.
Which brings me back to my "BUTT OUT" statements in the Terri case..It applies everywhere in these "personal" matters.

Mr. P said:
MissileMan said:
Which brings me back to my "BUTT OUT" statements in the Terri case..It applies everywhere in these "personal" matters.

In case you haven't noticed the government has already made thousands of decisions for you. What kind of fairy tale world do you live in??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back