1/2 - 2/3 - 3/4

And the democrats plan is------------?

They have the same plan they have had since they lost in 94, accuse the republicans of anything and everything. Who needs a plan when it is so much easier just to pick apart someone elses plan?

Of course they are finding that the lack of critical thinking and ideas is hurting them now that they once again are "in" power. They will find the " blame Bush" plan that worked until the election in 2006 isn't such a winner now that they are in charge.

But wait, their apologizers have already started the " we do not have the votes, it isn't our fault" game. Which may work for a few but doesn't explain the fact they failed to live up to a single promise they made, including the ones that do not take 60 votes in the Senate.

And whats even funnier is the republicans never had 60 votes in the Senate either, but they managed to accomplish things, in fact if you listen to the Liberals the "evil" republicans singlehandedly passed every piece of legislation from 1996 until 2006 with out 60 votes in the Senate and for 4 years while a democrat was President. The blame the republicans is going to blow up in their lying faces, BOTH of them.

And the democrats plan is------------?

you know i remeber ketchup boy and helmet hair claiming they had plans for everything.....their famous quote about any issue always started with

"we have a plan...."

now where did they put those plans.....

you know i remeber ketchup boy and helmet hair claiming they had plans for everything.....their famous quote about any issue always started with

"we have a plan...."

now where did they put those plans.....

Now Hillary asks for the Pentagon's "retreat" plan and gets pissed when they don't give her one. I guess they are gung ho to run but need someone else to develop a plan for em. :rofl:

Now Hillary asks for the Pentagon's "retreat" plan and gets pissed when they don't give her one. I guess they are gung ho to run but need someone else to develop a plan for em. :rofl:

she should just ask bill for his rawanda or somalia plan

I guess we will never know. For now, ill have to resort to pointing out Bush's faults.

You and every other opponent of the WOT. If your goal is to aim America in another direction, it may be a good idea for you to have one in mind. If you have no viable alternative plan you are suggesting we do nothing. Doing nothing is an absurd and impossible option.

You and every other opponent of the WOT. If your goal is to aim America in another direction, it may be a good idea for you to have one in mind. If you have no viable alternative plan you are suggesting we do nothing. Doing nothing is an absurd and impossible option.

I dont suggest we do anything, we are stuck in a catch 22.

A Quagmire, if you will.

I do not agree with the situation because I do not agree with how we got there.

But nothing can be done regarding the past, so its easiest to point fingers.

Now lets say we had to do something.

Seeing as the region is has a Shiite majority, it would be ill advised to just leave the Sunni's to fend for themselves, even though they do seem quite adept at blowing things up.

But lets say America were to train and arm the Sunnis, which they are, but lets say we backed out of the room, and retreated to bases throughout the region.

The US will end up doing this if the Violence continues, public opinion dictates it, provided the Iraqi government does not reach a viable solution to the major concern.

The 3 tribes are squabling over the oil scraps the US has alloted them.

It is safe to assume that will continue for a while to come.

Taking a page from history and remembering the Fun adventures of the Afghanistan war with Russia, the US can see what is happenning.

Lets remember the Mujahadeen.

The US will train and arm the Sunni's and continue to do so because the Sunni's will fight with the Shiites. YaY!!

This is a good idea because

Iran is pretty much all Shiite.

The US, can fight a war with Iran for a fraction of the cost, (cost of lives and money)

Destabilizing the region, while maintaining a presence.

The US will protect the Oil flow while the sectarian violence erupts.

As long as it doesnt spill into allied territories (Israel) the US will simply relax and funnel arms into the right hands until the Shiite and Kurdish population becomes devastated to a satisfactory degree.

Once enough people die, it will be easier to control the region.

Hopefully Saudi Arabia helps out with the funding, training and Arming th Sunni's so it doesnt look so much like the US is interfering in regional civil disputes. Lets face it, no one wants another Nicaragua.

Once the dust settles all the wonderful Sunni friends the US has made will be placed into government positions, and things will be diveed up accordingly.

This will take many years and many middle eastern lives.

But who cares, keep the oil coming!!

As my new best friend Nevadamedic said, "the only good Muslim is a dead one. "

I dont suggest we do anything, we are stuck in a catch 22.

A Quagmire, if you will.

I do not agree with the situation because I do not agree with how we got there.

But nothing can be done regarding the past, so its easiest to point fingers.

Now lets say we had to do something.

Seeing as the region is has a Shiite majority, it would be ill advised to just leave the Sunni's to fend for themselves, even though they do seem quite adept at blowing things up.

But lets say America were to train and arm the Sunnis, which they are, but lets say we backed out of the room, and retreated to bases throughout the region.

The US will end up doing this if the Violence continues, public opinion dictates it, provided the Iraqi government does not reach a viable solution to the major concern.

The 3 tribes are squabling over the oil scraps the US has alloted them.

It is safe to assume that will continue for a while to come.

Taking a page from history and remembering the Fun adventures of the Afghanistan war with Russia, the US can see what is happenning.

Lets remember the Mujahadeen.

The US will train and arm the Sunni's and continue to do so because the Sunni's will fight with the Shiites. YaY!!

This is a good idea because

Iran is pretty much all Shiite.

The US, can fight a war with Iran for a fraction of the cost, (cost of lives and money)

Destabilizing the region, while maintaining a presence.

The US will protect the Oil flow while the sectarian violence erupts.

As long as it doesnt spill into allied territories (Israel) the US will simply relax and funnel arms into the right hands until the Shiite and Kurdish population becomes devastated to a satisfactory degree.

Once enough people die, it will be easier to control the region.

Hopefully Saudi Arabia helps out with the funding, training and Arming th Sunni's so it doesnt look so much like the US is interfering in regional civil disputes. Lets face it, no one wants another Nicaragua.

Once the dust settles all the wonderful Sunni friends the US has made will be placed into government positions, and things will be diveed up accordingly.

This will take many years and many middle eastern lives.

But who cares, keep the oil coming!!

As my new best friend Nevadamedic said, "the only good Muslim is a dead one. "

Thanks for the refreshingly thought-out response.
I'd like to address a portion of it.

Now lets say we had to do something

We DO have to do something. Besides the fact that it is impossible to do nothing, Americans are impatient for action. We are prone to seek immediate gratification and when you throw silly ass partisan politics into the mix we wind up with every political wind bag in the country using the war to promote their own welfare. Withdrawing our troops is nearly as complicated as invading yet I don't see ANY detailed plans provided by its' advocates. As far as I can tell they want to run and see what the hell happens next. That is as irresponsible as invading and seeing what happens next.

Thanks for the refreshingly thought-out response.
I'd like to address a portion of it.

We DO have to do something. Besides the fact that it is impossible to do nothing, Americans are impatient for action. We are prone to seek immediate gratification and when you throw silly ass partisan politics into the mix we wind up with every political wind bag in the country using the war to promote their own welfare. Withdrawing our troops is nearly as complicated as invading yet I don't see ANY detailed plans provided by its' advocates. As far as I can tell they want to run and see what the hell happens next. That is as irresponsible as invading and seeing what happens next.

I fully agree.

Walking away makes the US bigger dicks than invading ever could.

But I do not have anything to offer other than cirticism and clairvoyant fairy tales of the future.

I apologize.

wow...two great posts in a row....pity i shot my rep load for the day....

anyway....if you are stuck in a quagmire....you fight your way out...figure a way out...you do something...you try everything...sitting there is pointless....

I fully agree.

Walking away makes the US bigger dicks than invading ever could.

But I do not have anything to offer other than cirticism and clairvoyant fairy tales of the future.

I apologise.

No biggie. We're all caught up in it however if out "leaders" can't get a grip, someone better or ALL of us will be sitting in a gutter together and I plan to be too busy surviving to argue about whose fault it all is.

Forum List

Back